Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pippa Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Unless the planners had the winning lotto numbers, there's no way they're worth over €40!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She should have referred to the price on her snaps although she might when they are actually released, the candles as it was mainly them I think people commented on?
    Agree diary looks fab I love the one that looks like scribble on the front! To dear for me tho! And I bought one lSt year and used it for about 2 weeks biggest waste of money (personally)! I wonder will the people wishing her well get one sent PR or will they all buy one? (Other snappers, bloggers, business women I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Under the pic of the diaries... "Designed with much love in Ireland". So I'm assuming they're not made in Ireland?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbKRuCxl9y4/?taken-by=pippacollection

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

On the diary piece, I really don't like that style. I find them quite childish, like one you'd get when you were young.

Even those Bando diaries I don't get, they come with stickers! What adult uses stickers!

Now I do love a good diary / notebook for work that looks good but I want proper pages on it to write, not fill of pics or quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

fineso.mom wrote: »
    hand delivered by Michael D Higgins riding a Connemara pony.

That might convince people that the candles were massive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I honestly don't get how people are justifying the price of the diaries (those who are insisting they would use it), comparing them to Kate Spade...she's an international, established brand. Bit arrogant to think you can just jump in at those prices. Or comparing them to designer bags or even her jeans. Difference with them is you get unlimited uses out of them, the planners and candles have a finite amount of uses and her prices are above average for even the more high end market.
    Anyone who shells out €42 on a candle they haven't even smelled or know what the burn time is, deserves to be parted from their money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

This thread has influenced me. Had a dream last night about Micheal D and he danced. No sign of candles or planners anywhere. Guess Micheal on a connemara horse made more of an impression :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I seen Pippa showing the planner on snapchat last night. It does look really nice, high quality, substantial and she did a good job of explaining the different sections. It would look beautiful sitting on a desk but looks too bulk and heavy to carry in your handbag. But would I buy it: no. I know that I just won't use one no matter what the price is, I'm just not a planner diary type person. I get a free one every year in work and it just sits on the corner of my desk gathering dust as I don't feel I have a need for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Genuine question here: If you bought the planner, what would you use it for? I am assuming you might be self employed and use it for work?
    Other than that, i cant think of a target market, genuinely like?
    Im employed - as opposed to self employed - so my dairy comes courtesy of my company so there is no way id fork out for one, and even at that im a b for not using it and writing everything on scraps of paper.
    As someone else said, a no frills diary will cost you 1.50 in Dealz, its hard to justify no matter what IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I got married this year and I'm buying a house at the moment. I have a long to do list every day that I need to get done, a planner would definitely be a good idea for myself! (I usually lose my notebooks).

When I've been doing courses or looking for a new job in the past I always needed a notebook too.

I would definitely have an issue with the size of that planner though. Too heavy to carry around all the time, my handbag would weigh a tonne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

mel123 wrote: »
    Genuine question here: If you bought the planner, what would you use it for? I am assuming you might be self employed and use it for work?
    Other than that, i cant think of a target market, genuinely like?
    Im employed - as opposed to self employed - so my dairy comes courtesy of my company so there is no way id fork out for one, and even at that im a b for not using it and writing everything on scraps of paper.
    As someone else said, a no frills diary will cost you 1.50 in Dealz, its hard to justify no matter what IMO

I'm guessing a lot of them will be bought as gifts rather than people purchasing them for themselves. I agree they are too big and clunky. Although the outer design of the blue one is beautiful, the inside on all of them is just so infantile and I hate all that inspirational gak. I have a planner from college that I scribble on when I have it to hand but other than that I just used the notes app on my phone.

Do influencers have galleries full of inspirational memes with inspiring floaty looking backgrounds saved, that they use for whenever they want to make a point or passively aggressively clap back at criticism? genuine question...

So apparently -

Complaining that an influencers products are out of your budget = mean spirited

Influencer selling products products at an unjustified price level <> mean spirited

If her candles were priced at 25e I wonder how many people would actually be complaining and how much higher her actual sales / profits would be????

I take it you've been told off somewhere for pointing out they're on the expensive side?

I notice she's ignoring any comments asking if it's made in Ireland?
    The wording of "designed in Ireland" would imply that she signed off on everything here but the manufacturing happened elsewhere. I'd say it's not white label or China but definitely not made here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

The Kilkenny shop are having a sale at the moment and some of the Max Benjamin range have 20% off .

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Just noticed the first few pages are all pictures of Pippa and "her" inspirational quotes. I think its a bit OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

is there a video where she announced the pricing i can see? no fb twitter instagram, i feel im missing out.

Bought the Aldi candle, cheers guys, it's inspired me to clean my room :D

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Just noticed the first few pages are all pictures of Pippa and "her" inspirational quotes. I think its a bit OTT.

Ya it's a bit fan girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

emo72 wrote: »
    is there a video where she announced the pricing i can see? no fb twitter instagram, i feel im missing out.

No, the price isn't in the video. Prices on her website. https://pippacollection.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SassyP

According to the beautiful truth she deleted the fb post cause of ‘trolls’ and nasty comments- all I saw on that post was people giving their opinion on the expense etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

SassyP wrote: »
    According to the beautiful truth she deleted the fb post cause of ‘trolls’ and nasty comments- all I saw on that post was people giving their opinion on the expense etc.

I'm guessing the trolls and nasty comments could have been by PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

GingerLily wrote: »
    Bought the Aldi candle, cheers guys, it's inspired me to clean my room :D

They always get ones in for occasions, in addition to their regular stock. They are very good quality, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Not liking the new poco denim jacket she showed off on her snapchat earlier. I just think denim jackets should be left behind with b*witched :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Ive bought jeans from Tommy Hilfiger to Freddy to Penneys, and honest to god, hand on heart, id pick penneys every time. I wouldnt be very curvy (wish i was). Anyway, the jeans, what are they like? Anyone have a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    So Pippa has released a 12 month planner (€45) and a range of candles (€42 each).

What do you guys think?

https://pippacollection.com/collections/candle/products/pink-peppercorn-ruby-candle

(I've edited the post to correct the candle price from €50 to €42)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I had to (God help me) have a look after reading this thread, has anyone noticed the size of the candle for that price....its only 8cm high by 9cm wide (glass included) hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd pay €42 for a candle. Even the Yankee ones are gone too expensive now at almost €30. Agree that the Aldi ones are great for a fiver but what I've discovered recently in Homestore are 'Tuscany' candles. A blatant Yankee rip off but for a tenner. They're fantastic. I bought two and they last ages.

• Advertisement

Pippa is getting a bit sassy on Snapchat just now, on about how far she's come etc etc.. and if she'd listened to all the negativity from the start she wouldn't be where she is now. All grand there. But then she goes on to discuss this week and TPC and how 98% of the comments were positive but there was some "negativity". She seems to think people questioning the price point is somehow negativity? How? And from what I saw, 98% positivity is an overstatement and then some. Every second comment was a complaint about the price. I've seen another side to her this week and I'm not sure it's one that I like.

Not only that, but she seems to be featuring her husband on the business side of things more and more- and what was once me supporting her going it alone, has slowly turned into a business partnership between the two of them. He even joined her on The Late Late when she was on to promote the Pocos. He seems to have abandoned his own career in tv to hang off her coat- tails. I wouldn't be mad about him at all at all. Anyway that's my rant for the day done.

Advertisement