Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pippa Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Absolutely ridiculous prices. The amount of negative comments about the pricing speaks volumes. She needs to stop for moment and except this was a really bad call. Who is she trying to aim the products at?! It's definitely not your average everyday customer. She's getting snotty at people for having an opinion! God forbid people speaking their minds and telling her how it is. Wake up Pippa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

I saw a mention on her feed that she was removing abusive comments but then saw lots of people saying that they were only asking about the price. Badly handled by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

If a lot of people have the same feedback on the same topic then you should re-evaluate. It a lot of the comments are about the price, then she should sit down with her team and have a look at it and see what trend the sales go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

plenty candles in dealz, and euro shops, I would not even dream of spending more than 5 euro on a candle, and that would have to be large candle, her candle would last just hours and at that money , it would heat my whole house for 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

mel123 wrote: »
    Ive bought jeans from Tommy Hilfiger to Freddy to Penneys, and honest to god, hand on heart, id pick penneys every time. I wouldnt be very curvy (wish i was). Anyway, the jeans, what are they like? Anyone have a pair.

There's a pocos thread in the fashion forum that might be more helpful!

Has pippa answered the questions about burn time yet? For €42 they'd want to last a looooong time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There's a pocos thread in the fashion forum that might be more helpful!

Has pippa answered the questions about burn time yet? For €42 they'd want to last a looooove time!

We don't answer questions. Just buy my shlt and shut your mouth. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

anna080 wrote: »
    Pippa is getting a bit sassy on Snapchat just now, on about how far she's come etc etc.. and if she'd listened to all the negativity from the start she wouldn't be where she is now. All grand there. But then she goes on to discuss this week and TPC and how 98% of the comments were positive but there was some "negativity". She seems to think people questioning the price point is somehow negativity? How? And from what I saw, 98% positivity is an overstatement and then some. Every second comment was a complaint about the price. I've seen another side to her this week and I'm not sure it's one that I like.

Not only that, but she seems to be featuring her husband on the business side of things more and more- and what was once me supporting her going it alone, has slowly turned into a business partnership between the two of them. He even joined her on The Late Late when she was on to promote the Pocos. He seems to have abandoned his own career in tv to hang off her coat- tails. I wouldn't be mad about him at all at all. Anyway that's my rant for the day done.

I thought it was always obvious that he was involved in the business, possibly even driving it and that she was the public face? As they get more successful the TV game probably became pointless.
    Haven't seen the snaps but she did comment on an instagram post by letsnotberippedoff which I thought wasn't like her.

forumuser wrote: »
    I thought it was always obvious that he was involved in the business, possibly even driving it and that she was the public face? As they get more successful the TV game probably became pointless.
    Haven't seen the snaps but she did comment on an instagram post by letsnotberippedoff which I thought wasn't like her.

From my perspective it started out as very much her. Then she got the girls on board to help with the website etc and now it's him and her running the score because RTE gave him the highland fling and tv3 toy show was cancelled. He seems to be the driving force behind some of her most recent ideas and fair dues if so- but a touch of reality wouldn't go amiss. We don't all have hundreds to squander on frivolous shlt. Wouldn't it be lovely if we did!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

was just on her Instagram there. looks like all the negative posts have for the most part been deleted.
    Looks like she wants us all to believe everybody thinks it's a super price for a diary and a candle! come on does she think we were born yesterday?
    She's clearly trying to make her brand a high price range luxury item but the bottom line is it's a "blogger" product. Nobody with half a brain will feel like they have purchased a designer, indulgent treat. It has Pippas feckin name on it and is the same as most blogger product tack. I'd pay max about 25e for either product and at that would feel ripped off.
    She clearly isn't living on the same planet as the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    So Pippa has released a 12 month planner (€45) and a range of candles (€42 each).

What do you guys think?

https://pippacollection.com/collections/candle/products/pink-peppercorn-ruby-candle

(I've edited the post to correct the candle price from €50 to €42)

I wish they would edit their spelling of diameter :D
    It looks unprofessional, IMO.

• Advertisement

Any key? wrote: »
    was just on her Instagram there. looks like all the negative posts have for the most part been deleted.
    Looks like she wants us all to believe everybody thinks it's a super price for a diary and a candle! come on does she think we were born yesterday?
    She's clearly trying to make her brand a high price range luxury item but the bottom line is it's a "blogger" product. Nobody with half a brain will feel like they have purchased a designer, indulgent treat. It has Pippas feckin name on it and is the same as most blogger product tack. I'd pay max about 25e for either product and at that would feel ripped off.
    She clearly isn't living on the same planet as the rest of us.

Am I losing it or has the collection instagram page been deleted? I can't find or see it, sure there was a separate one or was I boggled

You could be blocked?! Did you leave a comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

From my perspective it started out as very much her. Then she got the girls on board to help with the website etc and now it's him and her running the score because RTE gave him the highland fling and tv3 toy show was cancelled. He seems to be the driving force behind some of her most recent ideas and fair dues if so- but a touch of reality wouldn't go amiss. We don't all have hundreds to squander on frivolous shlt. Wouldn't it be lovely if we did!

I attended one of her fashion factories a couple of years ago during which she credited Brian with the fashion factories having been his brainchild, that he was the one who came up with idea in first place.

muggles wrote: »
    I attended one of her fashion factories a couple of years ago during which she credited Brian with the fashion factories having been his brainchild, that he was the one who came up with idea in first place.

Oh right I didn't know that. I mean he's obviously going to be involved in some way since they're married, but she's featuring him a lot more lately. If she'd only keep him behind the scenes where I don't have to be looking at him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lougarden wrote: »
    Am I losing it or has the collection instagram page been deleted? I can't find or see it, sure there was a separate one or was I boggled

You were probably blocked.
    I was blocking for saying I felt the planners and candles were overpriced and she should reduce the planner to €20 and the candle to €30.

She's gone terribly snobby, I have to say.
    I actually really like her; I thought she came across really nice and likeable but she's shown a greedy side to her AND worst of all, she's ignoring negativity and constructive criticism which is ridiculous when you run a business.

Does she think everyone is going to love her and everything she does?
    I'm sure her candles and planners ARE fabulous, but she's not high-end or world famous.

Why push people out of the market who can't afford those astronomical prices?

Is this the page you're looking for?

wyrn wrote: »
    Is this the page you're looking for?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

?
    If that page isn't showing for you then you are probably blocked.

Lou garden did you comment on the collection? She may have blocked you!

Lou garden did you comment on the collection? She may have blocked you!

Ah guys thanks for saving my sanity! I must be blocked! I asked if we would get some more detail on products before final release

• Advertisement

Ah guys thanks for saving my sanity! I must be blocked! I asked if we would get some more detail on products before final release

What? That's a crazy reason to be blocked! Wtf is she at! I honestly thought she had more about her than that.

What? That's a crazy reason to be blocked! Wtf is she at! I honestly thought she had more about her than that.

Yup just messaged my friend who would have followed her a lot more and bought her jeans. Blocked! Message gone too about diaries, nothing bad just that it was out of reach pricewise

That’s crazy. I wonder if she might have an over zealous intern looking after her social media accounts? Perhaps this is why she created a new Instagram account. Either way, to cut off all (perceived) negativity is not good business practice. She’s literally getting free feedback which seems to be pretty similar and she’s actively ignoring it. I bet they (candles & planners) will do well to start with because of curiosity and die hard fans but they’ll be little uptake on repeat orders. Can’t see it being sustainable at that price

wyrn wrote: »
    That’s crazy. I wonder if she might have an over zealous intern looking after her social media accounts? Perhaps this is why she created a new Instagram account. Either way, to cut off all (perceived) negativity is not good business practice. She’s literally getting free feedback which seems to be pretty similar and she’s actively ignoring it. I bet they (candles & planners) will do well to start with because of curiosity and die hard fans but they’ll be little uptake on repeat orders. Can’t see it being sustainable at that price

I would've got one Wryn if priced lower a little but I think you have a point too with some sort of social media person. For the people that would buy these it doesn't do well to just erase and say fec* off either. BIt bemused by this, their collections to me now are all becoming tarnished by me me syndrome. Crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I can’t figure why everyone is aghast at the price of the candles and diaries when her very first product -jeans- retailed at over 100 euro.
    That’s a designer price from a blogger and before the pop up shop, nobody knew anything about quality, fit etc but women bought them in their droves because, OMG Pippa.
    She’s sold ove 25k tickets for fashion factories, thats a quarter of a million euro.
    These same women will lap up these diaries and candles.
    I can’t remember, did anyone give out about the price of the jeans though?
    I don’t remember her giving out about comments and letting it bother her like she did tonight.

I can’t figure why everyone is aghast at the price of the candles and diaries when her very first product -jeans- retailed at over 100 euro.
    That’s a designer price from a blogger and before the pop up shop, nobody knew anything about quality, fit etc but women bought them in their droves because, OMG Pippa.
    She’s sold ove 25k tickets for fashion factories, thats a quarter of a million euro.
    I don’t remember her giving out about comments and letting it bother her like she did tonight.

Hey Muffin the comments may have been removed for the jeans like now for the candles, I honestly don't know because I didn't buy the jeans (friends did) but wouldnt feel bad after €100. Jeans last. Candle and diary for 100? Having a laugh but cutting off questions and comments, has she even mentioned how long this thing lasts? It's a bit greedy surely and people defending questions when they haven't even seen the product is weird

I saw some of this and it looked like giving out because called out. Answered vaguely, retorted with a question and instead of standing by product, then blocked which is poor I think

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

There's an instagram page called "letsnotberippedoff" Pippa got very sassy on there last night about it. She's now blocked that page I think
    Blocking people for asking where the candles/planners are made and are they 100% Irish (as that seems to be her selling point and justification for the price) is madness and makes her look really bad. Just answer the questions if you've nothing to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

It’s actually €2.5m not €250k, no wonder she’s buying a new house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I think jeans are slightly different though, you get finite amount of use of them and you can use them outside the home. Planners and candles are finite, can't reuse them once they're done. The planners look too big for most handbags so it would be left at home or in the office and you can't bring a candle around with you.

I know Pocos weren't an established brand and I didn't get people buying them online prior to the pop up shops where you could try them on at that price, but my husband has paid over 100 for Levis (whose quality I think has gone down massively). She was never aiming for the Penneys market and I found her sizing better than River Island personally but jeans are a very individual thing.

Advertisement