Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    Please see my comment on rolz. you are not rolling correctly.

whats he doing wrong
    his con is 15
    he rolled a d20 and got max
    now he ****s himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

he's not rolling a D20 and getting 20. He's flipping a virtual single sided die with only the number 20 on it and getting 20. But I agree, you can't push the **** back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    whats he doing wrong
    his con is 15
    he rolled a d20 and got max
    now he ****s himself :)

when using rolz, you must type #d20 to get a role of a 20 sided dice.

if you type #20, it will say xxx roles 20 = 20. every time. there is no chance involved, you just roll 20. or 100, or 1000, or whatever number you put in #42. xxx roles 42.

when using rolz, you must type #d20 to get a role of a 20 sided dice.

if you type #20, it will say xxx roles 20 = 20. every time. there is no chance involved, you just roll 20. or 100, or 1000, or whatever number you put in #42. xxx roles 42.

oh
    im using

https://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm
    i always use it

is there a room i should be using so you can see my rolls
    i havent rolled anything yet

We are using rolz for transparency. https://rolz.org/dr?room=Boards.ie%20D%26D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm Alric7152 lads just so ye know...

Edit: nm. Changed username

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

oh
    im using

https://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm
    i always use it

is there a room i should be using so you can see my rolls
    i havent rolled anything yet

We're using rolz.org, the room is called Boards.ie D&D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We're using rolz.org, the room is called Boards.ie D&D

Keith put link above just go to dice room, put in username and password and that should connect you to dice room

Fourier, How come you are making new threads for each new Act. For searching purposes, maybe we could allow single threads to last a bit longer.

With just two threads it is not too much bother, but, lets say during act 6 we need to find something that was said earlier by someone, that 5 threads you have to search through.

In a traditional game we wouldn't have the ability to pore over every word the DM uttered at our leisure - maybe it's intentional?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    In a traditional game we wouldn't have the ability to pore over every word the DM uttered at our leisure - maybe it's intentional?

I've never played traditional WW (werewolf), but i have played forum WW, and I'm not sure if during a traditional game of WW people pore over every utterance you make, but in forum WW, they certainly do, you'll be scrutinized for capitalizing some word Halfway through a sentence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Con is 15, I rolled a 20.

Rerolled this correctly and got 11, happy with either outcome

BTW, sKeith, me thinks you should take those undecipherable papers in the drawer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Fourier, How come you are making new threads for each new Act. For searching purposes, maybe we could allow single threads to last a bit longer.
    It's standard on any play-by-post forum I've ever been on. The contrary never occurred to me, so no reason as such.
    I've never played traditional WW (werewolf), but i have played forum WW, and I'm not sure if during a traditional game of WW people pore over every utterance you make, but in forum WW, they certainly do, you'll be scrutinized for capitalizing some word Halfway through a sentence etc.
    Again this never really occured to me, combing other players words has never happened really in play-by-post games I've been in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necrominus wrote: »
    BTW, sKeith, me thinks you should take those undecipherable papers in the drawer

I think I could, possibly, understand them with my "Read Magic" skill, but since I only get one spell a day, it would leave me pretty useless if everything else kicks off, especially if the papers are just, you know, papers...

Lord TSC wrote:
    I think I could, possibly, understand them with my "Read Magic" skill, but since I only get one spell a day, it would leave me pretty useless if everything else kicks off, especially if the papers are just, you know, papers...

Even if you can't I seem to recall a friendly wizard Alexander met who might be able to help ;)

May help us later just like your invisible ink page. If Bandylegs doesn't get everyone killed by attacking Xestes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I should be a bit clearer about why it is standard. Typically the reason given is that it is easier to search, as each thread contains a specific piece of the story, but I never really questioned it. What do others think, is a single long thread easier to search? Maybe I should make a main thread with links to every other thread?

Fourier wrote:
    I should be a bit clearer about why it is standard. Typically the reason given is that it is easier to search, as each thread contains a specific piece of the story, but I never really questioned it. What do others think, is a single long thread easier to search? Maybe I should make a main thread with links to every other thread?

I'm good either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Meh. I'm fine with how it is. I think it would be easier in its own subforum though (yes I know I've harped on about this before lol).

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Meh. I'm fine with how it is. I think it would be easier in its own subforum though (yes I know I've harped on about this before lol).

I'd be in favour of a subforum also

• Advertisement

best way tonget a subforum is fill upna parent forun with busy threads so i think the act one scene 3 idea is the best
    then you can just search the forum to find the posts you need as well

best way tonget a subforum is fill upna parent forun with busy threads so i think the act one scene 3 idea is the best
    then you can just search the forum to find the posts you need as well
    Maybe you need a game identifier tagged on, like D&D_Game4_act2_scene6 so we can then search the sub forum for game4 and search term, otherwise you would be finding the term from every other game that is ongoing or gone before.

Maybe you need a game identifier tagged on, like D&D_Game4_act2_scene6 so we can then search the sub forum for game4 and search term, otherwise you would be finding the term from every other game that is ongoing or gone before.

ok

roll 5 d 20 and a d 100 and if the total is over 100 roll a d6

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was going to say. Especially, for instance, if multiple games are running at the same time. Something like....

(FOURIER'S GAME TITLE) - D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

i dont understand

Seriously, what is Dwarrowwood????

Necrominus wrote: »
    Seriously, what is Dwarrowwood????

Home-is-not-a-feeling.png

I googled it and came up with nada. Banjo, is that an exit from the game or what's going on???

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think it's for the best. I'm playing it wrong, I can't get my head around using short, open statements and letting the DM drive. Also, my slavish attempts at doing what the character would do are derailing. I should have learned to think before posting a move I couldn't retract after nearly mugging Arry and running off.

Seat's free. Should have been clearer earlier, sorry. I left the gear cause I can't remember if anyone else bought torches or flint. It was fun while it lasted though, thanks for letting me play.

Dwarrowood could just be dwarfish wood, ie something mined from the earth. So it could be on the level... But it won't be if you take it :)

Advertisement