Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

logik wrote: »
    You sent it back to Microsoft? You are entitled to a replacement from the retailer you bought it off.

Yeah they didnt have a replacement on the day so I elected for a refund and Ill pick one up in Argos or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Mine is the "normal" X, and I've had the following issues despite 3 troubleshooting sessions with MS Support:
    constant "delete local saves" messages
    blank screen on boot up
    no video output at all on boot up
    E105 errors
    installs from disc pausing and not resuming
    app installs pausing and and not resuming

Console is 2 weeks old, going back to GameStop tomorrow for a replacement.

Compared to the little amount of hours I've spent using the console, I've had a disproportionate amount of issues.

amadablam wrote: »
    Yeah they didnt have a replacement on the day so I elected for a refund and Ill pick one up in Argos or something.

Out of interest, what would happen refund-wise where someone had traded in hardware and/or games against a new console?

Would you get a refund of the total cost of the new console? e.g. €500

Out of interest, what would happen refund-wise where someone had traded in hardware and/or games against a new console?

Would you get a refund of the total cost of the new console? e.g. €500

Refund is always based on the price you paid at the point of sale.

I paid 499 and got 499 back on my card.

amadablam wrote: »
    Refund is always based on the price you paid at the point of sale.

I paid 499 and got 499 back on my card.

Yes, but say in my example I got €150 towards the X by trading in my One S and some games. I'm hardly going to get a refund of €350, and be down the value of the items I traded in surely?

Anyways, in my case I'll be asking for a replacement console. Just curious as to what happens in the above scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mine is the "normal" X, and I've had the following issues despite 3 troubleshooting sessions with MS Support:
    constant "delete local saves" messages
    blank screen on boot up
    no video output at all on boot up
    E105 errors
    installs from disc pausing and not resuming
    app installs pausing and and not resuming

Console is 2 weeks old, going back to GameStop tomorrow for a replacement.

Compared to the little amount of hours I've spent using the console, I've had a disproportionate amount of issues.

They are some of the issues I was having. I would not be waiting. Get in and get that replaced. As soon as you get a 105 error you are on a slippy slop. You have the same problem I had with the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,899 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

From what I can gather, the largest % of fails are linked to the Scorpio edition. I have heard/read about 5 Scorpio fails and 2 standard fails. Some for complete loss of power and the others for corrupt OS updates.

My Scorpio failed due to an OS issue.

They are the same though? Just a different case on the Scorpio?

They are some of the issues I was having. I would not be waiting. Get in and get that replaced. As soon as you get a 105 error you are on a slippy slop. You have the same problem I had with the OS.

I'm going in tomorrow. I'd have gone in sooner, but knowing GameStop it'll probably take longer than I have for my lunch hour to sort out. I'm expecting the usual resistance to anything resembling customer service.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They are the same though? Just a different case on the Scorpio?

100% the same internally. I am not sure if we are looking at rushed manufacturing on the Scorpio units to make sure they met the launch day. The manufacturing process might have changed slightly since the console first when into production.

You have to imagine the first Scorpio units were rolling off the lines in Q1/Q2 last year. The units rolling off the lines now might not have been as rushed or the process might have changed slightly.

Again, I have no proof, and am only speculating, but it is not unheard of for issues to arise in early units.

I am putting my Scorpio failure down to bad luck but the E105 error code is one of the 2 main errors the One X has seen since launch.

As I mentioned, the two main errors are complete power failure (wont turn on) or the E105 which is linked to a corrupt OS update and general I/O failure.

I'm going in tomorrow. I'd have gone in sooner, but knowing GameStop it'll probably take longer than I have for my lunch hour to sort out. I'm expecting the usual resistance to anything resembling customer service.

I know for a fact you can get a returns number from Microsoft support and once you have this with you, Gamestop will give you a replacement with little issue.

You are within your rights to demand a new one, don't leave without one. I have a picture saved on my phone of the 105 error. If you need it, I can e-mail it to you and you can print it and bring it with you to help bolster your case.

• Advertisement

I know for a fact you can get a returns number from Microsoft support and once you have this with you, Gamestop will give you a replacement with little issue.

You are within your rights to demand a new one, don't leave without one. I have a picture saved on my phone of the 105 error. If you need it, I can e-mail it to you and you can print it and bring it with you to help bolster your case.

I have a service reference number and MS Support agreed that I should be provided with a replacement (and to get the store representative to contact them if I get any hassle).

Cheers, but I have pics saved on my phone of the various errors.

I'll let ye know how I get on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

I have a service reference number and MS Support agreed that I should be provided with a replacement (and to get the store representative to contact them if I get any hassle).

Just be aware that MS could change their mind by the time you bring the console back to the store. I had a dodgy S that I picked up in Smyths before Christmas and MS Support also agreed that I should be given a replacement.

When I brought it back to the store with my reference number, Smyths rang MS, and MS wanted to take the console in for repair rather than replace it.

Luckily enough the staff member in Smyths saw how annoyed I was getting when on the phone to MS so he just replaced it on the spot without even checking the dodgy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Donutz wrote: »
    Just be aware that MS could change their mind by the time you bring the console back to the store. I had a dodgy S that I picked up in Smyths before Christmas and MS Support also agreed that I should be given a replacement.

When I brought it back to the store with my reference number, Smyths rang MS, and MS wanted to take the console in for repair rather than replace it.

Luckily enough the staff member in Smyths saw how annoyed I was getting when on the phone to MS so he just replaced it on the spot without even checking the dodgy one.
    Microsoft changing their mind has nothing to do with it. A support case with Microsoft is not required. Legally, your contract is with the store where you purchased it - proof of purchase at the store is all that you really need to provide (either a receipt or a bank / credit card statement showing the purchase).

They (the store) have the first responsibility to repair, replace or refund with minimal hassle to you, the consumer.

Anything beyond that is just playing silly buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just out of interest lads how many of you have had Xbox one x failures

The amount of people returning consoles seems high I think

Mines the Scorpio, flying it, no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Microsoft changing their mind has nothing to do with it. A support case with Microsoft is not required. Legally, your contract is with the store where you purchased it - proof of purchase at the store is all that you really need to provide (either a receipt or a bank / credit card statement showing the purchase).

I'm aware of this but that doesn't mean that the store won't try and pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

ibFoxer wrote:
    Mines the Scorpio, flying it, no issues so far.
    Same here,and I've been putting in about 30 hours a week since I got it on launch day.
    ...I have just jinxed it, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Same here,and I've been putting in about 30 hours a week since I got it on launch day.
    ...I have just jinxed it, I know.

That's the very reason I never posted to say my scorpio is running fine.

I will echo you and say I just jinxed mine also.

Well, got a replacement X today in GameStop. In fairness, it went very smooth. Was dealing with the manager there, and he could see for himself all the errors I was getting. In the 5 minutes of testing, practically every issue I reported on here happened. Think the console was definitely on its last legs.

He said they'd had no returns of the X (Galway store) so hopefully I just got unlucky.

Fingers crossed now for problem-free gaming.

Cheers to everyone on here for all the advice.

Well, got a replacement X today in GameStop. In fairness, it went very smooth. Was dealing with the manager there, and he could see for himself all the errors I was getting. In the 5 minutes of testing, practically every issue I reported on here happened. Think the console was definitely on its last legs.

He said they'd had no returns of the X (Galway store) so hopefully I just got unlucky.

Fingers crossed now for problem-free gaming.

Cheers to everyone on here for all the advice.

Glad you are sorted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just got an update for FH3 there!
    Assuming that it's the One X enhancement patch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just got an update for FH3 there!
    Assuming that it's the One X enhancement patch :D

Tis! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

That's pretty positive from DF, who are usually fairly nit-picky when they find something they don't like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Buttros

I was expecting all the updates for the x to be huge... like 10 gigs min. This is 671 mb... not all games need new textures and stuff is it?

Only have the one x about 10 days so this is the first game I've had that's been updated in that time....anyway off to blizzard mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Buttros wrote: »
    I was expecting all the updates for the x to be huge... like 10 gigs min. This is 671 mb... not all games need new textures and stuff is it?

Only have the one x about 10 days so this is the first game I've had that's been updated in that time....anyway off to blizzard mountain

I actually would love to see 60fps 1080p option, instead of 4k. Witcher did it perfectly, fps or 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I actually would love to see 60fps 1080p option, instead of 4k. Witcher did it perfectly, fps or 4k.

So did Rise of the Tomb Raider. They had a few options if I remember correctly Framerate, Image quality and something else.

671mb wahoooo

Microsoft finally reducing the size of those One X patches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    671mb wahoooo

Microsoft finally reducing the size of those One X patches

I bet a lot of those assets got slipped in with Blizzard mountain and the hot wheels patches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

It looks fantastic anyway

Reckon the expansions are done for it now? Would love another TBH

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Tis! :D

Nice. This is my go to when I'm taking a break from Witcher 3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As far as I can tell, there was no upgrade to the textures themselves, which is the main cause of the massive file sizes seen so far.

In fairness, it doesn't really need the upgrade anyway, the bump in resolution is enough, it was a cracking looking game anyway.

Advertisement