Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be fair, the amount of people on boards alone with faulty one x is a bit worrying. I just got my one and I actually use it this time and I really dont want to see it bricked.

My 360 bricked itself by not even being plugged in for a few years!!! Barely used one too!

Anyway, on a bit cheerful note for a change: still loving my one x and I actually play it as much as I can. My switch and pc havent been turned on since I got it.
    Had to pick up play and charge kit, which was pain in a whole. None of the argos and gamestop had it. Got lucky in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I haven't been on these forums much since I bought my PC. I've a Scorpio Edition that I have used only a few times. It uses an external HDD that I simply moved over from my One.
    Should I be worried about this flurry of returned Scorpio Edition boxes? Should I play the X more, to put it through the hoops?

Here's one thing: I've only played a bit of Forza 7 on the X, and I was put off by the amount of time it takes for a track to be loaded. Would moving the game to the internal HDD help with this? Or is it just because of the 4K textures?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JoyPad wrote:
    Here's one thing: I've only played a bit of Forza 7 on the X, and I was put off by the amount of time it takes for a track to be loaded. Would moving the game to the internal HDD help with this? Or is it just because of the 4K textures?

Yes, unlike the Xbox One and S. The X actually has faster load times from the internal so stick Forza on that and you should see some improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Configured the new Standard One X last night. No issues so far. Seems to be running grand. Will get a bit of gaming in over the next few days to really test it.

One thing I noticed with my Scorpio unit when I had it. It runs very hot during certain games and the fan kicks in depending on the game. Playing Wolfenstein 2 caused the console it literally take off.

Anyone else notice the fan speeds increasing based on the game they were playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

To be fair, the amount of people on boards alone with faulty one x is a bit worrying.

Maybe i missed something but all i saw were 2 users with intermittent issues. AFAIK there are no real issues with the console, just the usual isolated incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Was onto MS Support again last night, and we came to the conclusion the console needs to be replaced. They gave me a service reference number and a contact number if Gamestop don't play ball on a replacement. Will head in to Gamestop on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Was onto MS Support again last night, and we came to the conclusion the console needs to be replaced. They gave me a service reference number and a contact number if Gamestop don't play ball on a replacement. Will head in to Gamestop on Saturday.
    Would be interested in hearing how you get on due to their "policy".
    Best of luck, at least you've got the support of MS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

WarpAsylum wrote: »

A 'policy' that is completely over ridden by consumer rights and law (the actual law not the one they make up in shops as they go along) and one that should be strongly challenged on this basis if anyone has an issue and are confident in their position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

logik wrote: »
    Configured the new Standard One X last night. No issues so far. Seems to be running grand. Will get a bit of gaming in over the next few days to really test it.

One thing I noticed with my Scorpio unit when I had it. It runs very hot during certain games and the fan kicks in depending on the game. Playing Wolfenstein 2 caused the console it literally take off.

Anyone else notice the fan speeds increasing based on the game they were playing?

In order to increase CPU yields, each system is tailored to the chip itself, meaning that some One Xs will run hotter than others. Most likely, this is also where issues are arising, at least in some cases, as without this tailoring, the chip wouldn't have met the standard required, and would have been tossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Maybe i missed something but all i saw were 2 users with intermittent issues. AFAIK there are no real issues with the console, just the usual isolated incidents.

I am not here to bash it, and I hope its a very small number, but I have to admit, the last few pages on this thread are mostly about issues with x. I love it way too much to have it die on me.

As for the fan kicking in. So far I only played witcher 3, BF1, Titanfall 2 , Path of exile, Forza 7 and fam never kicked in. Console is very very quiet, massive difference to my phat ps4, which has fan on even in stand by mode. Taking it apart and cleaning did not helped.

• Advertisement

I am not here to bash it, and I hope its a very small number, but I have to admit, the last few pages on this thread are mostly about issues with x. I love it way too much to have it die on me.

As for the fan kicking in. So far I only played witcher 3, BF1, Titanfall 2 , Path of exile, Forza 7 and fam never kicked in. Console is very very quiet, massive difference to my phat ps4, which has fan on even in stand by mode. Taking it apart and cleaning did not helped.

I don't think there is a widespread issue to be honest. I think I have just been one of the unlucky ones. One of the lads I play with all the time "FAILSAFE" also had to get his standard x console replaced for the same issues I had. There are certainly issues, but I would say we are looking at a small %. As mentioned already, I think you are to expect a certain % of fails when you consider how many consoles have been manufactured.

Here are more people with the same issues I had with my Scorpio.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7j874u/tech_xbox_one_x_e105_00000000_8007045d_error/?st=jcam9r7a&sh=d51a806d

I am now running the standard X and I actually think it looks better than the Scorpio :eek:. I didn't like the grey on the Scorpio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

yeah i have mine since xmas now its not running on a 4k tv but I don't think I have ever heard the fan. great machine

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    yeah i have mine since xmas now its not running on a 4k tv but I don't think I have ever heard the fan. great machine

Ok, well then this might have something to do with why mine failed. Although a few of the guys I play with have said theirs can be quite loud sometimes.

Wolfenstein 2 does seem to be the worst for me. Anyone that owns this game, play it for 15 minutes without headphones and see if your fan speed increases.

Would be interested to hear if the fan speed alters for other gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Check out @xboxuk’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/951468828248231937?s=09

Dark Souls Remaster in 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Ok, well then this might have something to do with why mine failed. Although a few of the guys I play with have said theirs can be quite loud sometimes.

Wolfenstein 2 does seem to be the worst for me. Anyone that owns this game, play it for 15 minutes without headphones and see if your fan speed increases.

Would be interested to hear if the fan speed alters for other gamers.

I haven't heard the fan at all and have played it quite a bit over the last week. Is it just that game? I do have it but I lent the disc to my brother so if there is another game that is really bad let me know and I'll give it a try.

dor83 wrote: »
    I haven't heard the fan at all and have played it quite a bit over the last week. Is it just that game? I do have it but I lent the disc to my brother so if there is another game that is really bad let me know and I'll give it a try.

Do you have Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Yeah, I'll stick it on now and see I can hear the fan in about half an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

WarpAsylum wrote: »

Here's a decent, but long, post that I put together for another thread on the Xbox Elite controller with issues (link).

It has details of the relevant Sales of Goods acts and EU Consumer protection regulations that you can quote to the store, if they try to play hardball with any "policies" or "customer warranty" nonsense.

Hope that helps.

I've been playing this since my last post and the console is not getting any louder, there is a very very slight noise from it but I can only hear it when I mute the sound and listen for it. When the volume is on even really low I can't hear it at all. How loud is yours? are we talking original 360 loud?

dor83 wrote: »
    I've been playing this since my last post and the console is not getting any louder, there is a very very slight noise from it but I can only hear it when I mute the sound and listen for it. When the volume is on even really low I can't hear it at all. How loud is yours? are we talking original 360 loud?

Oh you would certainly notice it. My Scorpio got very loud. It would come in bursts. Speed up for 30 seconds and then stop for 10 minutes and then speed up again. Only with Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein 2.

I haven't tested my new standard X yet. Doing that tonight. Will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh you would certainly notice it. My Scorpio got very loud. It would come in bursts. Speed up for 30 seconds and then stop for 10 minutes and then speed up again. Only with Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein 2.

I haven't tested my new standard X yet. Doing that tonight. Will report back.

Are these digital or physical copies?

Are these digital or physical copies?

Everything I own is Digital. So it would not be the Blu Ray drive sound for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just out of interest lads how many of you have had Xbox one x failures

The amount of people returning consoles seems high I think

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The thing is people will post when they have a problems but very rarely when everything is working fine.

No problems with mine so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I've had a bunch running for a few months, 0 issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Probably the easiest thing to do here would be to see if that Admins would add a poll on the console and include the option for people to say that they are happy as well and maybe include Scorpio edition or not?

Much easier see an honest ratio.

P.S. mine is gone back but I will be buying another.

amadablam wrote: »
    Probably the easiest thing to do here would be to see if that Admins would add a poll on the console and include the option for people to say that they are happy as well and maybe include Scorpio edition or not?

Much easier see an honest ratio.

P.S. mine is gone back but I will be buying another.

You sent it back to Microsoft? You are entitled to a replacement from the retailer you bought it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Zero problems here either, a rough guess would have probably 100 hours or so of playtime on it, with a wide variety of enhanced titles such as Gears 4, Wolfenstein 2, Destiny 2, Shadow of War.

No problems on mine, I've only had it for 2 weeks but it has been used quite a bit and for long periods with no issues at all. I don't have a 4k TV so on the games with enhancements I use performance mode where possible.

• Advertisement

From what I can gather, the largest % of fails are linked to the Scorpio edition. I have heard/read about 5 Scorpio fails and 2 standard fails. Some for complete loss of power and the others for corrupt OS updates.

My Scorpio failed due to an OS issue.

Advertisement