Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Sorry folks for the double post, but the console is also asking me to clear my local saved games. It has asked me to do this a couple of times already. Last time I did it, the console restarted afterwards but froze on a black screen until I did a hard reset.

I'm going to ignore this message for now, but anyone have any thoughts on this message?

Honestly I've had more issues with the X in the past 2 days than I ever had with the original One and S.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Honestly I've had more issues with the X in the past 2 days than I ever had with the original One and S.

Sounds like you're having fairly bad luck. Mine was simply plug and play, along with my 267 installed games on my external HDDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sounds like you're having fairly bad luck. Mine was simply plug and play, along with my 267 installed games on my external HDDs.

I had no problems either except I stopped a game mid download on my old console and when I connected the external HD to my New One X all games worked except the game I stopped mid download. I had to delete it and re-download it. Which makes sense now that I look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Sorry folks for the double post, but the console is also asking me to clear my local saved games. It has asked me to do this a couple of times already. Last time I did it, the console restarted afterwards but froze on a black screen until I did a hard reset.

I'm going to ignore this message for now, but anyone have any thoughts on this message?

I am having similar problems with Assassin's Creed Origins , keeps asking me to clear local games which I did but the same happens repeatedly and I lose all progress.
    Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am having similar problems with Assassin's Creed Origins , keeps asking me to clear local games which I did but the same happens repeatedly and I lose all progress.
    Very annoying

Are you not using cloud saves?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you not using cloud saves?

Yes, but the problem happens when it goes to sync the local save with the cloud save.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes, but the problem happens when it goes to sync the local save with the cloud save.

I've never actually seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mine has started doing the same. I contacted GS and they gave me the same 30 day shpeal. I bought mine on launch day so it around 40-50 days old. I have been trying to get support from Microsoft but its painfully slow, so I am going to take it back to GS on Monday.

Was yours outside of the 30 day period? And did you get a replacement?
    Finally is there some consumer law I need to quote explaining that my contract is with them and not MS?

Ta,

Yes, I bought mine at launch so it was outside Gamestop's ridiculous 30 day warranty. They said they'd test the console and replace it which they did in a 30 minute window. They gave me a new Xbox One X.

The consumer law is the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Remind them that according to the law they can either replace, refund, or repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Yes, I bought mine at launch so it was outside Gamestop's ridiculous 30 day warranty. They said they'd test the console and replace it which they did in a 30 minute window. They gave me a new Xbox One X.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Remind them that according to the law they can either replace, refund, or repair.

i assume what happened regarding the "30 warranty" was the untrained sales assistant confused it with the 30 return policy

its quite shocking how badly trained sales staff are on consumer rights in this country

I hope mine doesn't break. I also hope there is not a wide spread fault in them as well for MS sake. Yes they are a billion dollar company but they do not sell as many as PS. It would totally ruin them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I hope mine doesn't break. I also hope there is not a wide spread fault in them as well for MS sake. Yes they are a billion dollar company but they do not sell as many as PS. It would totally ruin them.

What?!? Microsofts game division is completely irrelevant to their profits, Sonys game division has much more importance and the failure of PS3 had a huge impact on the company. Xbox is only a side project for MS and theres already speculation they may withdraw from the hardware side of things altogether. Also, do you not remember RROD on the 360? They survived that and that was a massive hardware fault duplicated across a huge percentage of 360s.

Edit: Actually now I read it back you might be using sarcasm i failed to detect. If so apologies :)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i assume what happened regarding the "30 warranty" was the untrained sales assistant confused it with the 30 return policy

its quite shocking how badly trained sales staff are on consumer rights in this country

Thats what I thought having read the Gamestop returns policy however he went into great deal explaining that they replace your console in the 30 day period and after that you have to send it to Microsoft to be repaired.

It's also not the first time I have heard Gamestop sending customers to the manufacturer within the first year of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Mine is going back to Harvey Norman tomorrow.

Its totally stopped recognising disks.

Pretty annoying after two factory resets and then it's the same problem.

Its surprising how many of us are returning from the initial batch :o

Anyone know what Harvey Norman are like with faulty returns?

Wish me luck!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats what I thought having read the Gamestop returns policy however he went into great deal explaining that they replace your console in the 30 day period and after that you have to send it to Microsoft to be repaired.

It's also not the first time I have heard Gamestop sending customers to the manufacturer within the first year of purchase.

I'm pretty sure it's company policy to tell people they only have 30 days knowing most people probably won't question it. When I traded in for the S a while ago they rhymed it off to me and everyone else in the queue as we paid and it was the actual manager that said it in my case.

Does this cover accessories too? I've a broken controller that came bundled with the console. I'd like to replace the controller without having to replace the console too. I'm all ready to post this off to Microsoft, but if I can walk into Smyths and get a replacement obviously its a lot easier.

They already tried to fob me off claiming they could find nothing wrong with it, but its condition has since deteriorated and there'll be no arguing it's well and truly physically broken.

Does anyone know can you get X controllers in Smyths? I'm guessing if they were to offer me a replacement it'll probably be the original black one or a white S controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Does this cover accessories too? I've a broken controller that came bundled with the console. I'd like to replace the controller without having to replace the console too. I'm all ready to post this off to Microsoft, but if I can walk into Smyths and get a replacement obviously its a lot easier.

They already tried to fob me off claiming they could find nothing wrong with it, but its condition has since deteriorated and there'll be no arguing it's well and truly physically broken.

Does anyone know can you get X controllers in Smyths? I'm guessing if they were to offer me a replacement it'll probably be the original black one or a white S controller.

Yes, a controller should be fit for purpose and be of merchantable quality. Once it hasn't been actually damaged they need to repair, replace or refund. Your contract of sale is with the retailer, it's not your responsibility to deal with the manufacturer.

The X controllers are not different to the standard, no?

Just an update, I took my faulty XB1 back to GS this morning. They tested it and confirmed it was dead. They said they would replace it but I'd need a service ref number from Microsoft. I said I didn't need to but they were insistent. So I contacted live support and had a number in 5 mins.
    Went back to GS and they gave me a brand new XB1.

theteal wrote: »
    Yes, a controller should be fit for purpose and be of merchantable quality. Once it hasn't been actually damaged they need to repair, replace or refund. Your contract of sale is with the retailer, it's not your responsibility to deal with the manufacturer.

The X controllers are not different to the standard, no?

Internally I'd imagine it's identical. Only difference is a textured grip and completely matt finish.

I've sent it off to Microsoft. If I ever want to trade in the console I'll need an X controller to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Just an update, I took my faulty XB1 back to GS this morning. They tested it and confirmed it was dead. They said they would replace it but I'd need a service ref number from Microsoft. I said I didn't need to but they were insistent. So I contacted live support and had a number in 5 mins.
    Went back to GS and they gave me a brand new XB1.

I know you were having a similar issue to me where you'd get the message to delete the local save games. I haven't seen this message the last 2 days, so I'm hoping it was only a temporary glitch. Even after deleting the local saves, my saves would resnyc from the cloud, so I wasn't losing progress.

Were you just getting this issue constantly or did it get worse? I'm just curious about whether I should look for a replacement now or wait and see if I've no further issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I worked my arse off all this holiday season from hell, so finally got myself a reward. Wanted to get the deal in gameatop, but it ended yesterday. So got argos one.IMG_20180102_141227.jpg

• Advertisement

I know you were having a similar issue to me where you'd get the message to delete the local save games. I haven't seen this message the last 2 days, so I'm hoping it was only a temporary glitch. Even after deleting the local saves, my saves would resnyc from the cloud, so I wasn't losing progress.

Were you just getting this issue constantly or did it get worse? I'm just curious about whether I should look for a replacement now or wait and see if I've no further issues.

I was getting this issue at the start but also it wouldn't read discs , then wouldn't connect to internet, wouldn't shut down or start. So I don't think they will replace yours just yet.
    When they went to test mine it was dead and would not boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I worked my arse off all this holiday season from hell, so finally got myself a reward. Wanted to get the deal in gameatop, but it ended yesterday. So got argos one.IMG_20180102_141227.jpg

Great to see one of the ps4s biggest fans and defenders on boards seeing sense and picking up the vastly superior gaming platform

Where did you get those bedsheets? They are hideous next to the x 😂😂

Great to see one of the ps4s biggest fans and defenders on boards seeing sense and picking up the vastly superior gaming platform

Where did you get those bedsheets? They are hideous next to the x 😂😂

I was never defender or fanboy of one gaming device. I always picked first what is best at that moment and what games I prefer to play. Eventually I get all platforms anyway. This time I chose xbox one x first over pro, because I got my ratty xbox one s and it will be handy to share subscriptions and we will be able to play together.

Right now I have:

Ps4 phat
    Xbox one x ( traded in phat xbox one when getting ratties xbox one s )
    Swith
    New 3ds
    New 3ds xl
    Gaming pc
    Old gaming laptop

So I think it is very misleading to call me one or another platform defender. Right now if I could only one console ( switch not taking in to account as its my favourite handheld right now ) I would go with ps4 pro, because of exclusives, price and Ui, but I am getting it later this year anyway. Xbox one x won now because off: my kiddo has xbox one s, ea acess, game pass and MORE POWER!

As for sheets: all complains to my misses, she is the boss. All I do in those sheets is sleep and gigidi. I dont care how they look. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I was never defender or fanboy of one gaming device. I always picked first what is best at that moment and what games I prefer to play. Eventually I get all platforms anyway. This time I chose xbox one x first over pro, because I got my ratty xbox one s and it will be handy to share subscriptions and we will be able to play together.

Right now I have:

Ps4 phat
    Xbox one x ( traded in phat xbox one when getting ratties xbox one s )
    Swith
    New 3ds
    New 3ds xl
    Gaming pc
    Old gaming laptop

So I think it is very misleading to call me one or another platform defender. Right now if I could only one console ( switch not taking in to account as its my favourite handheld right now ) I would go with ps4 pro, because of exclusives, price and Ui, but I am getting it later this year anyway. Xbox one x won now because off: my kiddo has xbox one s, ea acess, game pass and MORE POWER!

As for sheets: all complains to my misses, she is the boss. All I do in those sheets is sleep and gigidi. I dont care how they look. :D
    Enjoy the console lad pubg is great in squads!!! I have all 3 consoles by the way I was jesting 😅

Enjoy the console lad pubg is great in squads!!! I have all 3 consoles by the way I was jesting 😅

Got that on pc. Great crack, but I dont know if I will be able to enjoy it properly on console and for very stupid reason. My current tv in bedroom... Its 40inch tv and its a bit further away, so playing games where you have big distances is very hard. Could not play Fortnight, because how little other players are and its like shooting pixels.
    On my buy list next is 4k hdr tv 50ish inch.

Later on I will need some help setting up that whole sharing games and stuff with 2 xboxes in the house. If I remember right, I can get ea acess and xbox live on my account and my ratty will be able to use with her account.

Okay, got it set now. Installed pubg and had one game. People were right, it does run like a dog, but will do for now and I am pretty sure they will be able to make it run a lot better, pc version was a damn mess at start too.

Bought witcher 3 goty and will finally be able to play it. Loved first two games and witcher franchise is in my top 3 of all time games.
    Installing Forza 7 too.

For some reason I cant get subscribed to Ea access. It tells me that some issues on their end and try again later. Weirdly enough I was able to buy witcher with no issues.

Another question: do I need to set something to get enhanced versions of games? Or does it download updated xbox one x version by default?

Another question: do I need to set something to get enhanced versions of games? Or does it download updated xbox one x version by default?

It downloads them automatically even if only using a 1080p screen.

Okay, I finally managed to play witcher and I habe to admit, xbox one x pulling 60ish fps and looking like that is impressive. At the same time for a game few years old like that it still one of the best looking games ever.
    Really want 4k hdr tv now.

Still cant get subbed to Ea access with cc for some reason. Can you get sub code in place like gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Still cant get subbed to Ea access with cc for some reason. Can you get sub code in place like gamestop?

Yeah you can gain access(pun intended) via Voucher Codes/Redeem Cards,Shop around for better value

• Advertisement

Okay, I finally managed to play witcher and I habe to admit, xbox one x pulling 60ish fps and looking like that is impressive. At the same time for a game few years old like that it still one of the best looking games ever.
    Really want 4k hdr tv now.

I see there is currently an issue with purchase and content usage according to the Xbox Live status. I'd say once that is cleared up you should be good to go.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

I think I have seen the EA Access cards in Gamestop. I am unsure though.

Advertisement