Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Game saves don't seem hardware related. More profile related so I wouldn't think the Xbox is the issue and I'd say something like removing the profile and re-adding it should be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Game saves don't seem hardware related. More profile related so I wouldn't think the Xbox is the issue and I'd say something like removing the profile and re-adding it should be successful.

I agree it is software related. Your whole profile could be corrupted. I do not know how they store the profile but if it is a backed up of your current profile then even redownloading it could bring back the problem. But then again it may fix the problem.

But I 100% agree with the above poster that it is not hardware related.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Was onto MS Support again just now. Gave me some more steps to try and fix the issue, but essentially boils down to removing my profile so that the game saves have to resync anyway. I'm not confident anything I've tried will solve the issue permanently.

If/when it happens again, I'll insist on a service reference number as my patience has worn thin.

Too be on the safe side I would also factory reset the console

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone getting or have gotten errors when installing digital games onto the internal HD on the one x?

I am getting a few "installation stopped" errors recently. I just go to the Queue and click resume installation and it completes the download but there is no reason for the installations to be stopped in the first place.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

logik wrote: »
    Anyone getting or have gotten errors when installing digital games onto the internal HD on the one x?

I am getting a few "installation stopped" errors recently. I just go to the Queue and click resume installation and it completes the download but there is no reason for the installations to be stopped in the first place.

Any ideas?

I had that sometimes as well. In my case I think the bluray drive might have been the culprit as it usually happened when I was installing a game and it needed an online update as well. I no longer have the console though as I returned it.

I'm starting to wonder if the OS has a few bugs in it and we will probably see an update patch soon.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am kinda holding out for the next software update to see if this fixes it but it has only started to happen since I started to play Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead Season 3. Maybe its down to how Telltale access the hard drive. Either way, it is a bug and an annoying one. Heres hoping the next patch fixes it.

Otherwise I will have to return my Scorpio Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I've had issues from day one installing games from both disc and digital (along with the aforementioned issues having to delete my local saves reguarly), but mainly the digital games would pause if I was running another game or app.

Anecdotally, from reading various comments on various forums, it seems to me that those who are using external hard disks seem to have less issues installing stuff. I wonder if there's some issues with the internal hard disks on the X?

I've had issues from day one installing games from both disc and digital (along with the aforementioned issues having to delete my local saves reguarly), but mainly the digital games would pause if I was running another game or app.

Anecdotally, from reading various comments on various forums, it seems to me that those who are using external hard disks seem to have less issues installing stuff. I wonder if there's some issues with the internal hard disks on the X?

Funny, that's exactly how i see it. If I try installing while playing a different game the Xbox ****s itself. It is as though the console has a hard time reading and writing to the same hard drive (Internal).

I have a 2TB External aswell. If I am playing from this HD there is zero issues so it would seem like a software/firmware I/O issue. I am hoping that they patch the console soon.

I have been asked to delete my local game saves to see if this makes a difference. I am confident that this is not a hardware issue. Everything points to I/O issues or software problems.

Either way, it is unacceptable that these issues are on the newest Microsoft console. I had the original Xbox from launch and I have not had a days bother in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've a 1.5TB external hooked up but both it and the internal are full up, regularly uninstalling / installing new games but haven't had any issues

So my Scorpio gave up last night. I had contact MS support yesterday and they recommended a factory reset. I did this, and while it fixed my issue and worked for about an hour, the console threw the same error again.

Error is E105 00000000 8007045D. It is hard drive related and it is the 3rd console that I know about to fail. A quick google will show that alot of Scoprio consoles have failed since launch...

I got my console via pre order with Smyths. It is only 60 days old. Anyone have any experience of getting replacements from Smyths?

I am not interested in a refurb or a repair and I am going to swap out the Scorpio for a standard console. Wonder will Smyths refuse to replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So my Scorpio gave up last night. I had contact MS support yesterday and they recommended a factory reset. I did this, and while it fixed my issue and worked for about an hour, the console threw the same error again.

Error is E105 00000000 8007045D. It is hard drive related and it is the 3rd console that I know about to fail. A quick google will show that alot of Scoprio consoles have failed since launch...

I got my console via pre order with Smyths. It is only 60 days old. Anyone have any experience of getting replacements from Smyths?

I am not interested in a refurb or a repair and I am going to swap out the Scorpio for a standard console. Wonder will Smyths refuse to replace it.

It's easier for them to replace it than anything else. Not sure what the craic is if it's a Project Scorpio model though.

As to the failure rate, I don't think that it's anything huge, it's just that it's more visible because it's just out. If it's the same in 6 months, then there's definitely an issue with the manufacturing.

Sorry to hear that :(

Just remember, your contract is with Smyths and it's between yourself and them to agree either a repair or a replacement or refund at this point.

Most likely they will try and push it to Microsoft but stick to your guns as you are well within your rights to stand your ground and reach a mutual agreement with them.

They more than likely with go for a replacement or a repair first but it's up to you if you want to agree to that.

I'd push for a replacement if you want one and you will get it.

Its sad to see so many going back so early as it definitely looks like we all are suffering minor, manufacturing issues in the initial units.

Its a pity though. I'm waiting a while to pick up a new console in the hope that the teething issues will be sorted in the next batches

Hope you get sorted :)

Got contacted MS Support again today to explain that I had factory reset etc but the issue remains. The agent was more than helpful. He didn't even fight it. He just said, "we will replace the console". He then sent me an e-mail instructing Smyth's to give me a replacement today.

I am losing the Scorpio and moving to a Standard One X but I don't really care to be honest.

Very happy with MS Support, they have been very good since I first contacted them.

Now it just remains to be seen how Smyth's will react when I show them the e-mail from Microsoft instructing them to replace.

My console threw that error around 2 days ago, but it did recover from it after a restart. I would guess my console is on the slippery slope towards needing to be replaced as well.

My console threw that error around 2 days ago, but it did recover from it after a restart. I would guess my console is on the slippery slope towards needing to be replaced as well.

From what I have learned, it is only a matter of time before your console throws the error again. My one is back working after another factory reset but it will fails again so I am not willing to kick the can down the road.

I am going to Smyth's today with my e-mail from Microsoft and asking for a replacement.

From what I have learned, it is only a matter of time before your console throws the error again. My one is back working after another factory reset but it will fails again so I am not willing to kick the can down the road.

I am going to Smyth's today with my e-mail from Microsoft and asking for a replacement.

Yep, I think you're right. I've had more issues in 2 weeks with the X than with my 360, original One and One S combined.

All the troubleshooting steps fix the issues temporarily but they invariably reoccur a few days later.

All in all, it's not acceptable for a 2 week old console. I'm going to get back onto Xbox Support and insist on a letter/service reference for a replacement as the X I have isn't fit for purpose.

Yep, I think you're right. I've had more issues in 2 weeks with the X than with my 360, original One and One S combined.

All the troubleshooting steps fix the issues temporarily but they invariably reoccur a few days later.

All in all, it's not acceptable for a 2 week old console. I'm going to get back onto Xbox Support and insist on a letter/service reference for a replacement as the X I have isn't fit for purpose.

Where did you buy yours?

Where did you buy yours?

From Gamestop on the 29th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

My X's have been running for a few months with no real issues. I had an S that went bang day one - sometimes you just get a bad console. E105 errors are errors on the host OS and often with updates. If a cold boot and a build reset doesnt fix it i would be pushing for a replacement.

My X's have been running for a few months with no real issues. I had an S that went bang day one - sometimes you just get a bad console. E105 errors are errors on the host OS and often with updates. If a cold boot and a build reset doesnt fix it i would be pushing for a replacement.

This is what I have been thinking since the issue first appeared. Although it only appeared 3 weeks after the last OS update. I would be playing a game and the console would freeze and say unable to save game as hard drive is inaccessible. Then while downloading updates and games they would just stop mid download and the console would throw an error saying "download stopped".

Even when the console said the hard drive is not accessible, I could actually still access it and move games to and from it to the external.

So the hard drive is ok per say. It is definitely a software I/O issue.

Heading into Smyth's in the next 1 hour. Will let you know if they play ball. Seeing as I have a written request from Microsoft that they replace it, I hope they honour it.

• Advertisement

This is what I have been thinking since the issue first appeared. Although it only appeared 3 weeks after the last OS update. I would be playing a game and the console would freeze and say unable to save game as hard drive is inaccessible. Then while downloading updates and games they would just stop mid download and the console would throw an error saying "download stopped".

Even when the console said the hard drive is not accessible, I could actually still access it and move games to and from it to the external.

So the hard drive is ok per say. It is definitely a software I/O issue.

Heading into Smyth's in the next 1 hour. Will let you know if they play ball. Seeing as I have a written request from Microsoft that they replace it, I hope they honour it.

They dont really have a choice in this occassion as you are being directed by the manufacturer, whom Smyths would direct you to deal with (ironically bypassing their own obligations)

Be firm with them as you are completely within your rights to get a replacement and their failure to honor their contract with you, when you are backed by the manufacturer, would leave them very exposed to a slap on the wrist if you decided to push matters legally and invoke your consumer rights and protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Smyth's are pretty good they replaced a Xbox 360 for me years ago no questions asked. They never even took it out of the box.

Smyth's are pretty good they replaced a Xbox 360 for me years ago no questions asked. They never even took it out of the box.

Well their policy has changed I can assure you. Personally, after my experience with trying to return a controller I will never buy from them again. They claimed there was nothing wrong with it. Went direct to Microsoft and it took 5 mins to explain the problem without any BS back from them. 1 week later I have a brand new controller back in the post.

I collected a new Xbox One X an hour ago. Smyth's had a number of questions before they agreed to it. I am convinced that they would have put up a fight if I had not presented the e-mail from Microsoft with the pictures of the error codes.

They insisted that they remove my Scorpio from the box and open one of their new boxes, remove the console and put it into my Scorpio box... Odd but I don't really care as I have a new console now.

They said I was the first Scorpio to return faulty to that store but they had heard of reports from other stores of a few returns. They all seem to be Scorpio editions that are failing. No reports of the standard xbox having the same number of issues.

Maybe the Scorpio editions were rushed through production to meet the launch date?

Either way, I am sorted. I would recommend that anyone who bought from Smyth's makes sure they contact Microsoft first and request an e-mail approving the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I collected a new Xbox One X an hour ago. Smyth's had a number of questions before they agreed to it. I am convinced that they would have put up a fight if I had not presented the e-mail from Microsoft with the pictures of the error codes.

They insisted that they remove my Scorpio from the box and open one of their new boxes, remove the console and put it into my Scorpio box... Odd but I don't really care as I have a new console now.

They said I was the first Scorpio to return faulty to that store but they had heard of reports from other stores of a few returns. They all seem to be Scorpio editions that are failing. No reports of the standard xbox having the same number of issues.

Maybe the Scorpio editions were rushed through production to meet the launch date?

Either way, I am sorted. I would recommend that anyone who bought from Smyth's makes sure they contact Microsoft first and request an e-mail approving the replacement.

Definitely seeing a fair few cases of scorpios and x's giving trouble, At least you got sorted, thats the main thing.

Definitely seeing a fair few cases of scorpios and x's giving trouble, At least you got sorted, thats the main thing.

You heard of any Standard One X failing? I have heard of 5 Scorpio failing for the same issues. 90% of failings are linked to OS upgrades which is kinda worrying.

Great to hear you got a replacement. Hope the new console gives you a lot less pain.

Was the email from Microsoft something you requested specifically or did they offer to provide it?

Edit: My console is the regular X.

Great to hear you got a replacement. Hope the new console gives you a lot less pain.

Was the email from Microsoft something you requested specifically or did they offer to provide it?

Edit: My console is the regular X.

Yes, while on the chat with the agent for a second time in 3 days I requested they send me an e-mail confirming my console was faulty and recommending a replacement. The agent had no issue doing this for me.

You are running a Standard X. Hmm, I wonder what % we are looking at for One X failures?

I don't remember the original Xbox One having this many issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yes, while on the chat with the agent for a second time in 3 days I requested they send me an e-mail confirming my console was faulty and recommending a replacement. The agent had no issue doing this for me.

You are running a Standard X. Hmm, I wonder what % we are looking at for One X failures?

I don't remember the original Xbox One having this many issues.

We'll never know, because no one takes to the internet to spread good news. Id imagine that in the grand scheme of things its probably no better or worse than the usual failure rate for electronics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Id imagine that in the grand scheme of things its probably no better or worse than the usual failure rate for electronics.

Yup, none of the consoles had any real issues, bar the odd isolated manufacturing defect.

Advertisement