Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got Xbox live from cd keys and it worked fine, bought witcher of ms store and worked fine, but ea access is just refuses to proceed.

Ea access app is very sluggish too though. I guess downloading 200gb+ content does not help.

Oh, by the way, god bless xbox one x 5ghz wireless. Download speed is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I got Xbox live from cd keys and it worked fine, bought witcher of ms store and worked fine, but ea access is just refuses to proceed.

Ea access app is very sluggish too though. I guess downloading 200gb+ content does not help.

Oh, by the way, god bless xbox one x 5ghz wireless. Download speed is fantastic!

ea access can be bought on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EA-Access-Year-Membership-Download/dp/B01G2M1E5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514939109&sr=8-1&keywords=ea+access

Guys, I cant see any vertical stand for xbox one x on smyths, argos or gamestop websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys, I cant see any vertical stand for xbox one x on smyths, argos or gamestop websites.

Is it not the same stand as the One S?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

emmetkenny wrote: »

Nope, the have different grooves!
    They aren't interchangeable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think they're different actually

Never mind, just saved myself about 30 quid. Being an adult lego fan pays off. :)

IMG_20180103_121157.jpg

IMG_20180103_121330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

On my original Xbox One, and then my Xbox One S, I got into the habit of pretty much always downloading all "Games with Gold". I have a 2TB Xbox One S, with a 1TB external drive. There is something like 1TB and a bit of available space across that total.

I presume the thing to do, pre-purchase, would be to start uninstalling non-essentials (and there is a lot of them!) from my current eco-system, and get it down to stuff which is only on external drive? And then see how much additional I have after the additional X assets are installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I worked my arse off all this holiday season from hell, so finally got myself a reward. Wanted to get the deal in gameatop, but it ended yesterday. So got argos one.IMG_20180102_141227.jpg

You did well fella!

Offer ended yesterday! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Ive reserved an Xbox One X in Argos with PUGB and Forza for 500 all in.... best I could see at the moment. Two games ill actually play anyway.

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    You did well fella!

Offer ended yesterday! :o

Like I originally wanted gamestop one. With extra controller and pubg, but it was over, which really annoyed me. I prefered having loads of controllers for when I have people around. In the other hand I took advantage of gamestop deal a month ago and got two controllers. Kept one for me and other went as an extra present for ratty. There are 5 controllers in total at home.

Argos deal was second best, but I have no interest in assassins creed. Its still in wrappers. Dont know what I will do with it.

Like I originally wanted gamestop one. With extra controller and pubg, but it was over, which really annoyed me. I prefered having loads of controllers for when I have people around. In the other hand I took advantage of gamestop deal a month ago and got two controllers. Kept one for me and other went as an extra present for ratty. There are 5 controllers in total at home.

Argos deal was second best, but I have no interest in assassins creed. Its still in wrappers. Dont know what I will do with it.

I'm not an assassins creed fan myself but Origins is unlike the previous games and might surprise you.

And CEX are still giving 37 cash for it which is where I was going with it's if I bought it as I have it digitally anyway.

I've 9 controllers myself too :o so I just want an offer with a few decent games I don't have.

I'm not an assassins creed fan myself but Origins is unlike the previous games and might surprise you.

And CEX are still giving 37 cash for it which is where I was going with it's if I bought it as I have it digitally anyway.

I've 9 controllers myself too :o so I just want an offer with a few decent games I don't have.

If its still 37eu, I might traded it in and turn it in to credit. I am going fully digital with xbox now, sick of swaping discs and consoles doing better deals then steam now.

Okay lads, looks like ms having some issues with their online services so thats why I cant sub to ea access.
    I tried gemestop to get ea access code, but they dont sell those. Someone said I can get a key of amazon? It says only for uk customers. I did not actually tried to buy it yet, but do you need to do whole crap with addresses and stuff?

If its still 37eu, I might traded it in and turn it in to credit. I am going fully digital with xbox now, sick of swaping discs and consoles doing better deals then steam now.

Okay lads, looks like ms having some issues with their online services so thats why I cant sub to ea access.
    I tried gemestop to get ea access code, but they dont sell those. Someone said I can get a key of amazon? It says only for uk customers. I did not actually tried to buy it yet, but do you need to do whole crap with addresses and stuff?

Its region free AFAIK so you should get it for 19.99 GBP on amazon.

Just put the code in and you should be good to go. No region switching.

I tried to put it in to basket and it gave me warning that its only for uk customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It amazon who you have to trick that you are UK to buy from. It was the same when I was buying Xbox credit.

It amazon who you have to trick that you are UK to buy from. It was the same when I was buying Xbox credit.

Yep, wotzgoingon is right. Just change your amazon account location on the amazon app. It takes a couple of seconds

Finally ea access worked for me this morning. Downloading battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

Both have enchantments for x, right? Titanfall 2 has proper and better support though from what I gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finally ea access worked for me this morning. Downloading battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

Both have enchantments for x, right? Titanfall 2 has proper and better support though from what I gather.

Not Battlefield 1 but Titanfall 2 definitely does.

Okay, I know I might be annoying at this point, but I finally managed to play BF1 and after first match I went and bought premium while its still on deal. Its freaking great! The sound, the feel, the chaos is like good old days.
    Really impressed with how good xbox one x is for the price. Amount of power under the hood is fantastic. For now I dont see the point going to my pc. I am good here in bed, I am lazy and old. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Okay, I know I might be annoying at this point, but I finally managed to play BF1 and after first match I went and bought premium while its still on deal. Its freaking great! The sound, the feel, the chaos is like good old days.
    Really impressed with how good xbox one x is for the price. Amount of power under the hood is fantastic. For now I dont see the point going to my pc. I am good here in bed, I am lazy and old. :)

Battlefield didn't get an X patch. Try Witcher 3 or Rise Of Tomb Raider to see a real boost over the S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

BF1 has dynamic resolution, with the additional power it hits the higher end of that consistently, and the slowdown and jerkiness that was there on the S is gone.

Its still one of the best looking console games going. I'd love to see them do a patch for Battlefield 4 though, BF1 doesnt have the same draw for me.

Battlefield didn't get an X patch. Try Witcher 3 or Rise Of Tomb Raider to see a real boost over the S.

I kind of guessed it, but I read it is a lot more stable 60fps now. It feels very smooth. Bf4 on my phat ps4 felt janky.

I am playing witcher 3 and its amazing. Again, that frame rate. For the first time in my lofe I feel like playing console games without massive hit in performance compared to pc.

All that on old 40inch samsung. Hopefully in march ill make myself a lovely birthday present of 4k tv. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

All that on old 40inch samsung. Hopefully in march ill make myself a lovely birthday present of 4k tv. :)

That's the best time to buy one too. Easter sales will happen in the last week of March. With new tvs getting revealed at the upcoming CES, stores will be getting rid of the old ones for the new models.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

pcadhain wrote: »
    That's the best time to buy one too. Easter sales will happen in the last week of March. With new tvs getting revealed at the upcoming CES, stores will be getting rid of the old ones for the new models.

I don't know if it will be it will be price wise but the new Tv's are suppose to be Freesync 2 compatible which the Xbox One X will also support. From owning a Freesync monitor for PC gaming Freesync is totally worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't know if it will be it will be price wise but the new Tv's are suppose to be Freesync 2 compatible which the Xbox One X will also support. From owning a Freesync monitor for PC gaming Freesync is totally worth it.

I'd very much doubt it, it looks like 2019 before there'll be widespread adoption of HDMI 2.1/VRR. The spec was only agreed recently, so it's almost certain that it'll have come too late for this year.

Even then, I'd say it'll only be on mid to high end sets.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd very much doubt it, it looks like 2019 before there'll be widespread adoption of HDMI 2.1/VRR. The spec was only agreed recently, so it's almost certain that it'll have come too late for this year.

Even then, I'd say it'll only be on mid to high end sets.

It will be new tech and its given that companies will take a piss charging for it a fortune.

I kind of got in to habbit of buying tech that is older ( matured ) for very good price, instead off chasing newset tech. Will do same thing with 4k.
    Oled looks amazing, but they haven't nailed it yet. A lot of issues with burn ins and general degradation with age. I will be going with good normal 4k hdr for now.
    I cant believe my current two tvs lasting so long lol. No "man math excuse" to change it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I'm still getting the clear local saves messages at least once a day.

Was onto MS support yesterday. We tried a few things and they said if it still appears that it would need to be sent to them for repair.

Is this my best option? Bought it in GameStop last week but the message is kind of intermittent, so there's a good chance that GameStop won't see the message when testing it so they might not be prepared to offer a repair or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm still getting the clear local saves messages at least once a day.

Was onto MS support yesterday. We tried a few things and they said if it still appears that it would need to be sent to them for repair.

Is this my best option? Bought it in GameStop last week but the message is kind of intermittent, so there's a good chance that GameStop won't see the message when testing it so they might not be prepared to offer a repair or replacement.

Get a service repair number from MS and take it back to GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Was onto MS Support again just now. Gave me some more steps to try and fix the issue, but essentially boils down to removing my profile so that the game saves have to resync anyway. I'm not confident anything I've tried will solve the issue permanently.

If/when it happens again, I'll insist on a service reference number as my patience has worn thin.

Advertisement