Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lustig2014

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't understand why you would buy a Dublin season ticket if you are only going to a handful of games per year. They are not going to be in an All Ireland final so save your cash and just pay for the games you want to go to.

The season ticket only (just about) makes sense for people who are going to most games and for counties with a good chance of being in the All Ireland final. For me I'd have saved money the last few years by paying into games individually. The only advantage has been the convenience of not having to go buying tickets for each match.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, I'd have loved to have prior notice on the work and family commitments which prevented me from attending the matches but unfortunately these were not apparent when I bought the ticket in december.

Wont be renewing, its effectively cost me €25 a match. Huge waste of money

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm not sure what you are expecting of the season ticket people? Just cancel the ticket and pay into whatever games you want to go to from now on. To be honest the season ticket is not good value. It was when it was €100 and you would be guaranteed very good seats whenever there was assigned seating.

Now it's more expensive, less league games and we seem to always get the worst tickets available. The only advantage is a guaranteed All Ireland Ticket if your county makes it but with so many games now you can't really attend all of them so it will probably cost you financially.

I think you're missing the point - they have the bones of a very good system which could be a very good option for fans. But by burying their heads in the sand and not listening to new ideas they risk a potentially good product going to waste.

What do I expect of them? Exactly as you suggested - make it less expensive, make it applicable to more league games, offer better seats

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joc_

The majority of counties have to travel for all matches - we have travelled to Laois (4 hour round trip) Tullamore (3 hour round trip) Dublin (5 hour round trip) Wexford and will go to wexford again this weekend (7 hour round trip).
    When we bought our season ticket, we expected that in order to get attendance recorded we would have to travel to games.
    IF our team qualify after Provinional , all games will probably be in Dublin after that (5 hour round trip) trips we will gladly and happily make. Dublin supporters are lucky, in that after provinional finals most games are held in Dublin.
    If you can't attend a match, you can pass on your ticket to family/friends for them to use.

joc_ wrote: »
    The majority of counties have to travel for all matches - we have travelled to Laois (4 hour round trip) Tullamore (3 hour round trip) Dublin (5 hour round trip) Wexford and will go to wexford again this weekend (7 hour round trip).
    When we bought our season ticket, we expected that in order to get attendance recorded we would have to travel to games.
    IF our team qualify after Provinional , all games will probably be in Dublin after that (5 hour round trip) trips we will gladly and happily make. Dublin supporters are lucky, in that after provinional finals most games are held in Dublin.
    If you can't attend a match, you can pass on your ticket to family/friends for them to use.

My comparison mentioned no other county expect Dublin - I cannot understand why both options are priced exactly the same when there is so much difference between what you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 joc_

Fair point Lustig2014, my error - your comparison mentioned no other county except Dublin.
    Best of luck with rest of season

joc_ wrote: »
    Fair point Lustig2014, my error - your comparison mentioned no other county except Dublin.
    Best of luck with rest of season

what can I say except your welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

lustig2014 wrote: »
    True, but even at that you're only getting put into the draw for a ticket.

Is this definitely the case?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you attend 100% of matches and your team is not in the All Ireland final you get entered into a draw for tickets. No mention of what chances you have of being successful.

If you attend 60% of matches and your team is in the final you are guaranteed a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is the sheet normal practice as a back up or was it drafted in specifically because the said scanner was malfunctioning?

I don't trust that the scanners will always read my season ticket and one appears to have little recourse in the event it doesn't read the ticket going by the many posts here.

I have heard mention about taking a photo of oneself in front of the scoreboard.Not always practical and I don't believe rightly disgruntled season ticket holders have had much joy with the season ticket office offering this evidence of attendance.

I have no idea I’m afraid. I was going to email someone once inside but didn’t bother.

Odd one, I made sure the names were ticked on the sheet but always at the mercy of the diligence of the person on the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Was told to email back by Friday if not updated. I mailed on Tuesday knowing well it would not be updated as me and my mate used the same turnstile and hers was updated and mine wasn't.
    So will see what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Looking at the GRMA site, there's bugger all compared to last year. No jerseys, nothing. Points requirements for what's there seems to be gone up also.

A shame, I thought it was a nice idea when it launched.

After a few forward and back emails they have finally updated my attendance for Portlaoise..

They had no intentions of doing it even after sending photos of me down there but I was not letting it go, so think they updated it just to get rid of me..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Payment for mayo match taken

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Mayo attendance for Limerick is now updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Not here, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ureds wrote: »
    Mayo attendance for Limerick is now updated.

Updated early this morning for me

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Anyones attendance for Clones on Sunday updated?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

After a few forward and back emails they have finally updated my attendance for Portlaoise..

They had no intentions of doing it even after sending photos of me down there but I was not letting it go, so think they updated it just to get rid of me..

Have the same problem, one ticket from a group of 3 not registered. Do you have an email address you can share? Thanks

Have the same problem, one ticket from a group of 3 not registered. Do you have an email address you can share? Thanks

season.ticket@gaa.ie

Best of luck with it, they will say there is nothing they can do, just don't let it go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Bring a friend option is open for the Leinster hurling final. Just noticed the options are Cusack 302 or 303, not the best. Does anyone know if they give better options later on or are you better to just take those now? First time using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭G1032

laneykin wrote: »
    Bring a friend option is open for the Leinster hurling final. Just noticed the options are Cusack 302 or 303, not the best. Does anyone know if they give better options later on or are you better to just take those now? First time using it.

I just went with the 302. When I selected 303 and clicked continue it said no more tickets available. So 302 it is. Bad form that better tickets can't be made available for a Leinster Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Agreed! I thought season ticket holders would get the better tickets too but not the case unfortunately. Didn't get mine in the end as I realised it you choose the bring a friend option your seating group gets separated, so annoying.

laneykin wrote: »
    Agreed! I thought season ticket holders would get the better tickets too but not the case unfortunately. Didn't get mine in the end as I realised it you choose the bring a friend option your seating group gets separated, so annoying.

No it doesn’t. Use bring a friend all the time. All the seats are together.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭glack

No it doesn’t. Use bring a friend all the time. All the seats are together.

Depends on how your seats are set up. If all are in one account everyone moves, but if they are separate accounts, only the tickets in the account that uses the bring a friend option is moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭big_drive

Could anyone explain for the Munster Hurling final how I can make sure that my parents are next to me? Is it keep an eye on bring a friend option?

To add I’ve a season ticket but they don’t if that makes a difference

big_drive wrote: »
    Could anyone explain for the Munster Hurling final how I can make sure that my parents are next to me? Is it keep an eye on bring a friend option?

To add I’ve a season ticket but they don’t if that makes a difference

Yes the bring a friend option will be available about 10 days prior to the match ( if its anything like the Leinster Final football)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any word when the tickets for leinster hurling will be out

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

season.ticket@gaa.ie

Best of luck with it, they will say there is nothing they can do, just don't let it go...

Cheers, their default reply was computer scanner says no, I sent a further email and they updated the attendance record. In fairness they must get a lot of chancers.

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea how much the super 8's will be, hopefully they keep it sensible but doubt it.

Advertisement