Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Awful mess being made of tickets for all the early games it seems, even CR as Pat says.

Here's a prediction ,and I ran it past one of the Dublin ticket persons: there will be absolute chaos when a county with a large season ticket/county board pass - Mayo and Dublin being most obvious - are drawn away against county with a capacity of around 20,000 in the super eights.

Even for Sunday's game there will be dedicated Dublin hurling supporters, yes they do exist!, who will not be able to go as their PP pass won't get them a seat, which they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Attendance updated for the Mayo Galway contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Awful mess being made of tickets for all the early games it seems, even CR as Pat says.

Here's a prediction ,and I ran it past one of the Dublin ticket persons: there will be absolute chaos when a county with a large season ticket/county board pass - Mayo and Dublin being most obvious - are drawn away against county with a capacity of around 20,000 in the super eights.

Even for Sunday's game there will be dedicated Dublin hurling supporters, yes they do exist!, who will not be able to go as their PP pass won't get them a seat, which they need.

If that scenario crops up they'll move it to a bigger nearby venue. Very little choice but to do that in fairness.

And if not bugger all tickets will go on sale. Demand and supply will dictate and tbh I don't think the "general public" will be too hard done by. The usual caveat is that you'll get a ticket if you want a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Bonniedog wrote: »
    <snip>
    <snip>
    Is that going to happen though, or at least, whats the chances ?

if you presume that the last 8 will be drawn from div1 or 2 theres actually very few counties with small stadiums.
    in Divison 1 last year you had Galway, Dublin, Monaghan, Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo, Kildare and Donegal.
    Kildare hasnt a proper stadium but other than Ballybofey with 17500 capacity (which is enough to have the game at home, although auld Sean up a mountain side in a thatched cottage without electricity water or even windows, might be "shafted" and not get a ticket for it), all have comfortably over 20 if not 30000

In Division 2 the top 6 were Cavan, Roscommon, Clare, Tipperary, Meath, Cork and of that only Clare and Meath would be stuck for capacity, with Clare having the Gaelic grounds in Limerick almost on the county bounds being a very good alternative.

So really, out of the top 14 counties, only Meath and Kildare would create a problem, so you wont have that many games needing to be moved.

Really whats needed is a change in the conditions of the season ticket that youre entitled to a ticket for home games but priority on away games and no guarantee of a seated ticket, just like it would be for season ticket holders for soccer teams in England or the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

if you presume that the last 8 will be drawn from div1 or 2 theres actually very few counties with small stadiums.
    in Divison 1 last year you had Galway, Dublin, Monaghan, Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo, Kildare and Donegal.
    Kildare hasnt a proper stadium but other than Ballybofey with 17500 capacity (which is enough to have the game at home, although auld Sean up a mountain side in a thatched cottage without electricity water or even windows, might be "shafted" and not get a ticket for it), all have comfortably over 20 if not 30000

In Division 2 the top 6 were Cavan, Roscommon, Clare, Tipperary, Meath, Cork and of that only Clare and Meath would be stuck for capacity, with Clare having the Gaelic grounds in Limerick almost on the county bounds being a very good alternative.

So really, out of the top 14 counties, only Meath and Kildare would create a problem, so you wont have that many games needing to be moved.

Really whats needed is a change in the conditions of the season ticket that youre entitled to a ticket for home games but priority on away games and no guarantee of a seated ticket, just like it would be for season ticket holders for soccer teams in England or the continent.

We already have the priority that comes with the guarantee of having a ticket for all of your county's games. It has never guaranteed you a stand ticket. Especially if you're a Dub or from Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

We already have the priority that comes with the guarantee of having a ticket for all of your county's games. It has never guaranteed you a stand ticket. Especially if you're a Dub or from Mayo.
    sorry, wasnt clear there, I meant that there should not be any guarantee to attend every game, but I see that thats already in the terms and conditions, so the Dublin Wicklow game could have indeed gone ahead in Aughrim
    In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium
    capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.
    http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/15/15/61/GAASeasonTicket2018_TermsConditions_Neutral.pdf

The media coverage suggested that there was no way the Wicklow v Dublin game could have been in Aughrim as they had to accommodate Dublin season ticket holders, but looking at the terms and conditions, theres no guarantee so they could have had it there if the will really was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Is there a printout needed for Pairc Ui Chaoimh this weekend or is it just a card job?

Patww79 wrote: »
    What way do tickets work in the Centras or Super Valus? Do you need to go to one in the county of the team you want to see or what's the craic?

You can get a ticket for any game in SuperValu anyway, not sure about Centra. I got tickets for the All Ireland football QFs of 2016 in a SuperValu in Cork (goes without saying that we weren't involved that year).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It's happened already with the Wicklow match. Hate to keep referring back to soccer, but if a big team like Man U draw a team away with small ground the home team still get home advantage. Happens regularly enough in fact so I assume big club season ticket holders take a hit. As Dublin county pass holder I would not be objecting to Wicklow having home ground.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Do they just print a generic one or something?

You get an actual ticket, like one you'd get in the post off tickets.ie. It's a grand job to be honest, we always get our tickets in SuperValu if it's not covered by the season ticket

Is there a printout needed for Pairc Ui Chaoimh this weekend or is it just a card job?

It's print at home if anyone is wondering.

Row Z. For f*ck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭big_drive

Could anyone explain to me how the bring a friend works?

I wanted to do it for the cork limerick game Saturday week but there’s nothing listed and I think I’ve missed it
    I presumed the option would be there before every individual game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Hurling Rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

It normally only comes available the week of the game. You have until Tuesday evening I think to say you want to bring a friend and then the tickets get generated on the Wednesday. That's roughly it but timings may vary slightly with the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks for replies guys
    I got the above email but didn’t read it closely enough
    As mentioned I wouldn’t have known on May 11th if my dad would be able to go as he has issues with walking etc so I’d rwally only know few days before game how he feels

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Westside1

Hurling season ticket not worth it anymore and to make things worse, they wont give you a reserved seat at the Clare/Waterford match. Whats the point of a season ticket.

You can get a any ticket the day before for the same price

We wont be getting one next year. They might be OK for football but a waste of money for hurling with the prices and the treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Friends attendance updated for Portlaoise and mine wasn’t? Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Westside1 wrote: »
    Hurling season ticket not worth it anymore and to make things worse, they wont give you a reserved seat at the Clare/Waterford match. Whats the point of a season ticket.

You can get a any ticket the day before for the same price

We wont be getting one next year. They might be OK for football but a waste of money for hurling with the prices and the treatment.

Agree 100% and won't be renewing next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Greendaze

Attended the hurling in Thurles last Sunday with my wife (both season ticket holders). Her attendance was recorded and mine wasn't. I mailed seasonticket@gaa.ie with my ticket from Sunday attached and all I got back was if it didn't scan we won't update your attendance. I saw the ticket scan correctly with my own eyes.
    I was on the fence about renewing again for next year but this has put me right off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Happened to me in Nowlan Park in 2016m mailed them, said can't do anything. I just let it go. I missed a league game prior so wasn't too bothered.

Now on Sunday it is showing did not attend. I won't be letting it go this time, I should have 100 per cent attendance record..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Greendaze

It really annoying. Especially the reply you get its just "not on our records nothing we can do.. bye"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Attendance updated from Celtic Park.

My ticket wouldn’t scan so ticked off the sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Attendance updated from Celtic Park.

My ticket wouldn’t scan so ticked off the sheet.

Is the sheet normal practice as a back up or was it drafted in specifically because the said scanner was malfunctioning?

I don't trust that the scanners will always read my season ticket and one appears to have little recourse in the event it doesn't read the ticket going by the many posts here.

I have heard mention about taking a photo of oneself in front of the scoreboard.Not always practical and I don't believe rightly disgruntled season ticket holders have had much joy with the season ticket office offering this evidence of attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lustig2014

Just had a draining email exchange with the deputy ticketing manager at the GAA in regards to the season ticket.

I'm a Dublin hurling season ticket holder, due to work and family commitments I've been unable to attend a few of the matches this season. The matches were in Belfast, Wexford and Limerick. I used my opt out for the Wexford game, I'm not able to attend the Galway match therefore under the terms and conditions my season ticket will be revoked if I do not pay for that match.

I highlighted this along with the clear disparity between a season ticket between Dublin hurlers and dublin footballers. Football season tickets more or less guarantee an All Ireland final ticket, with many of the matches taking place in Dublin. With the hurlers you're expected to travel the length and breadth of the country trying to get your attendance up for the AI final draw.

Yet both tickets are the same price? Basically he fobbed me off saying he couldnt fundamentally review the current system on the basis of one person. Therefore I'm posting this to suggest that anyone having similar issues should email Kevin Leahy at tickets@gaa.ie to let him know

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's only 60 percent attendance though, that's the league too

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lustig2014

Stoner wrote: »
    It's only 60 percent attendance though, that's the league too

True, but even at that you're only getting put into the draw for a ticket. And the way the fixtures have fallen this year for Dublin I'd have needed to have made at least one five hour round trip to get my attendance to 60%

Huge disparity between whats on offer for the two season tickets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't understand why you would buy a Dublin season ticket if you are only going to a handful of games per year. They are not going to be in an All Ireland final so save your cash and just pay for the games you want to go to.

The season ticket only (just about) makes sense for people who are going to most games and for counties with a good chance of being in the All Ireland final. For me I'd have saved money the last few years by paying into games individually. The only advantage has been the convenience of not having to go buying tickets for each match.

Advertisement