Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers - Aguero in.. yay/naa

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I don't see why Pep would feel the need to start Aguero against Burnley (or Wolves midweek).

He'll most likely come on in the 65-70 minute with City 2-0 up. Could still score, but not worth it ahead of Jesus imo

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

I think Aguero will start with Jesus/Sane on the left and Sterling on the right. One of Jesus or Sane on the bench imo (probably Sane)

mcgooch wrote: »
    I think Aguero will start with Jesus/Sane on the left and Sterling on the right. One of Jesus or Sane on the bench imo (probably Sane)

Based on what... hope? :)

There's no sign that Aguero is even over his injury yet, looks like he's on the bench 'in case of emergency'. If he starts, I can see defenders targeting him due to his injured rib. Totally unnecessary risk with Napoli (A) and Arsenal in the next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of getting rid of Kolasinac but for who I don't know. Don't fancy Chelsea def now and don't want to waste a Man City spot. Bavies/Trippier are rotation risks. Maguire is one I'm looking at but it's Leicester... Might just keep him and hope for attacking returns as can see them conceding in 3 of the next 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PVA wrote:
    Based on what... hope?

Sane played 90 mins against Napoli so he might be right but it's all guess work anyway unless your name is Pep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any suggestions to replace Ben Davies with? His days may be numbered with Rose looking like he is close to a return

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

siblers wrote: »
    Any suggestions to replace Ben Davies with? His days may be numbered with Rose looking like he is close to a return

I'm considering John Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Trippier ?

PVA wrote: »
    Based on what... hope? :)

There's no sign that Aguero is even over his injury yet

Aguero has been on the bench for the last two matches which would indicate he's over his injury and ready to play if called upon. He's also 2 goals away from breaking Man City's all-time goal scoring record which I imagine Pep would want him to do in front of the Etihad rabble.

Also, Jesus has had a lot of minutes for both club and country of late and Pep may think this fixture is as good as any to give him a rest.

I could be wrong of course, but if the above were to happen I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Sane played 90 mins against Napoli so he might be right but it's all guess work anyway unless your name is Pep.

True, Pep is the ultimate FPL troll. He could be risking his life if he has Sterling + Jesus on the bench on Saturday...

• Advertisement

Already have Stones, was actually think of selling him so I could fit a third midfielder from City, might go with Jones as Spurs next two fixtures are pretty tricky

He could be risking his life if he has Sterling + Jesus on the bench on Saturday...

Nothing would surprise me with Pep's team selection tbh. In truth, I'm expecting very little rotation from him for this game as Burnley should provide a much sterner test than Stoke and City's current starting XI are on fire.

Sterling came off on 70mins on Tues night, so I think he's unlikely to be dropped for this game barring injury.

Hopefully we'll find out more from today's presser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

True, Pep is the ultimate FPL troll. He could be risking his life if he has Sterling + Jesus on the bench on Saturday...

i'll personally fly over and boot him up the a*se if he drops sterling and my captain Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thinking of getting rid of Kolasinac but for who I don't know. Don't fancy Chelsea def now and don't want to waste a Man City spot. Bavies/Trippier are rotation risks. Maguire is one I'm looking at but it's Leicester... Might just keep him and hope for attacking returns as can see them conceding in 3 of the next 4.

Would not touch any arsenal player tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Would not touch any arsenal player tbh

I know, I regret getting him in. Downgrading to a 4.5/5.0 would free up funds for midfield so I might do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

2 FT's. Thinking Vardy and Ritchie out.

Option A: Sterling and Abraham in.
    Option B: Richarlison and Morata in.

Have Lukaku and Jesus up top already, doubled up on United for clean sheets and have Silva and Salah as my main point scoring mids currently.

Morata less likely to be rotated I guess and has tasty fixtures between now and Christmas if he stays fit.
    Abraham probably likely to score higher than Richarlison but Sterling a rotation risk with 2 City covers already am I better to go for Morata when I have no Chelsea cover currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ali out, Hazard in. Surely he's on the verge of bringing home a big haul one of these weeks. Couple of goals in Europe midweek will hopefully have him confident and ready to bring me home some much needed bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

B all day long

Pighead wrote: »
    Ali out, Hazard in. Surely he's on the verge of bringing home a big haul one of these weeks. Couple of goals in Europe midweek will hopefully have him confident and ready to bring me home some much needed bacon.

It's the hope that hurts the most

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It's the hope that hurts the most
    I probably should have got in De Bruyne but I'm a sucker for a gamble.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of selling Kane for Moratta, extra 2 million would seriously improve my midfield and he has better fixtures but if I sell Kane, I'll find it very hard to be able to afford to bring him back in when his fixtures improve

Pighead wrote: »
    I probably should have got in De Bruyne but I'm a sucker for a gamble.

Difficult to look past SSS to be honest

I'm thinking of selling Kane for Moratta, extra 2 million would seriously improve my midfield and he has better fixtures but if I sell Kane, I'll find it very hard to be able to afford to bring him back in when his fixtures improve

Improve ? They’re playing Liverpool this weekend.

Improve ? They’re playing Liverpool this weekend.

At home is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Lukaku > Jesus
    Sane > Hazard

done for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Will likely bank with a view to making three changes next gameweek for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pep says Kun is ready.

He says Napoli played differently to Burnley, and they have to 'adapt'.

Everybody is fit bar Kompany (and I assume Mendy who he's obviously forgotten!).

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pep says Kun is ready.

He says Napoli played differently to Burnley, and they have to 'adapt'.

Ah for feck sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm banking this week despite only have Silva from City. I have Kane and Lukaku upfront and in midfield I want to get rid of Richie or Brady so going to bank this weeks transfer and make 3 or 4 changes next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I know, I regret getting him in. Downgrading to a 4.5/5.0 would free up funds for midfield so I might do that.
    Would ya not hold him this week at least? Everton are woeful, can't see them scoring.

Advertisement