Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers - Aguero in.. yay/naa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Only at 150k this year but losing interest due to the lack of decent price changes and frustration at 6 GWs with the wrong 2 pointer captain choice.
    Does that really bother people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Man City situation is so tricky. I think having 3 of their attackers is a must - have Jesus and Sane - will buy one of Aguero, Dilva or Sterling this week.

Could be 352 or 442 and anyone could end up on bench in next few weeks around Champions League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Does that really bother people?

It’s starting to bother me a bit tbh. I enjoy putting time into FF and I’m finding it getting a little, dare I say, boring this year. It’s a lot easier to take your eye off the ball and just check your team on a Friday.

It suits what the FPL want from the game, but I’m finding myself far less engaged with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Alli for Silva or Sterling?, opinions?

Gone for Ali to Silva myself. I reckon Silva has a better chance of continuing being selected and got Sterling in a previous season when he got very little in fantasy football points once I'd bought him. The extra 500,000 in the bank if I went for Sterling might be useful for improving other parts of the team but I just think there is something about Sterling that makes me not trust him to be a consistent points winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Benimar wrote: »
    It’s starting to bother me a bit tbh. I enjoy putting time into FF and I’m finding it getting a little, dare I say, boring this year. It’s a lot easier to take your eye off the ball and just check your team on a Friday.

It suits what the FPL want from the game, but I’m finding myself far less engaged with it.

But when it comes to price rises/falls you relying on an external website.
    Would you be happy if nothing had changed except not possible to external sites to track it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But when it comes to price rises/falls you relying on an external website.
    Would you be happy if nothing had changed except not possible to external sites to track it?

I've been playing the price game long before FISO etc. came into being.
    Its a different strategy to the one most follow and might result in a low rank till Jan or so, with potential for great returns in springtime.
    Years ago, you could end up with 120m come the end of the season and literally buy the dream team (especially important with the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Ronaldo, Gerrard etc. costing so much). There was even a league with prizes for most expensive teams (my personal best was to finish 2nd in the world on value but in the top 10k on points). I was sent a football as a prize by FPL.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Alexis Sanchez out, Sterling in.

Gives me a lot of money to play with. May do Brady to Coutinho next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I have 2 ft and I'm still going to end up on - 12

Same. Current plan is to transfer in most of Man City’s first eleven, and most of their bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

tailgunner wrote: »
    Same. Current plan is to transfer in most of Man City’s first eleven, and most of their bench.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sane for Alli and maybe Zaha for Chupo Chupps or whatever that Stoke lad is called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

My problem with trebling up on city attack is that even today with a plumber home fixture I didn't even consider captaining jesus due to him always being hauled off after an hour. Sterling - never ! So if I add dilva in I'll have 3 attacking slots taken up by lads I can't captain
    Aguero Is the only one I'd happily captain IF I had him and knew he would start .
    Next weekend a city attacker is ideal captain again but it's just so hard to know with pep!!!!
    If jesus doesn't play much midweek .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

zaha 6.7m is going to be a bargain
    He was one of only players to stay in everyone of my early drafts and great price, I know palace are not scoring anything but he will change everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Lacazette out for sure! If Morata is fit next week, he is the obvious replacement. If not, I may downgrade and take a 4 point hit to improve on Brady.....not many of the mid priced strikers appeal to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Rom out - Kun or Jesus in
    Keeping Captain Fail Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Stones to a non Man City defender, then Sane/Sterling in for Pedro for a minus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Going to spend the week deliberating to dump Kane but at the moment looking at alonso and arnie out for lanzini and walker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Lot of players I could do with getting rid of:
    De Gea (budget reasons)
    Alonso
    MCM
    Lacassette
    Then one of Kane or Lukaku

Still need to strengthen my midfield and only players I'm actually happy keeping are Elliot, Atsu and Little Handsome: Tom Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shineon23 wrote: »
    Lot of players I could do with getting rid of:
    De Gea (budget reasons)
    Alonso
    MCM
    Lacassette
    Then one of Kane or Lukaku

Still need to strengthen my midfield and only players I'm actually happy keeping are Elliot, Atsu and Little Handsome: Tom Carroll.

I'd put De Gea as a low priority there especially for a hit. Keeping clean sheets practically every week. Even for budget reasons still returning well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'd put De Gea as a low priority there especially for a hit. Keeping clean sheets practically every week. Even for budget reasons still returning well.

Yeah I'm reluctant to sell DDG. It's a rough 3/4 week transfer plan, and I'm expecting that I'll have more fires to put out in that timeframe.

I'm thinking Lacassette and Alonso will be first 2 to go, with my next 2 moves.

And then upgrade MCM later on with the extra funds.

DDG to Foster has been my plan for last few weeks to get an extra 1.0.
    If I sell one of Kane or Lukaku I can afford to keep DDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

skippy15 wrote: »
    He was one of only players to stay in everyone of my early drafts and great price, I know palace are not scoring anything but he will change everything!

Definitely one to watch.

Hard to find decent midfielders around that range and Palace have some nice fixtures coming up

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »

Definitely one to watch.

Hard to find decent midfielders around that range and Palace have some nice fixtures coming up
    He was absolutely sensational Saturday
    But more fitness and he would have been in for a goal again at the end
    He is my Matt Ritchie replacement after next week

Morzadec wrote: »

Definitely one to watch.

km79 wrote: »

Agree he was sensational and I would like him to replace Ritchie too but I’m alternating between 4-3-3 and 3-4-3, depending on fixtures, and it would mean playing him with RLC on occasion.

Not sure I’d ever like to have 2 Palace midfielders playing even though they have both looked very good when they’ve played.

Double Hodgson attack doesn’t sound appealing or wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think we have to wait and see what happens against Napoli before we decide on Aguero vs Jesus.
    If Sergio plays and Jesus is rested then Gabby might play the weekend. If it's the other way around then we have to see if Aguero gets some minutes to prove he is fit. If Aguero doesn't make the squad tomorrow then we have to wonder if he will be fit by the weekend.

I'm holding on to Mikhy until after the Huddersfield game, I might switch to Pogba then if he is fit for a .3 savings. I'm holding on to Lukaku for sure, he has only had two blanks so far this season, he is well worth his money.

The problem for me arises when Morata is fit as I don't have the money to bring him in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Alli out I think maybe Salah/KDB/Eriksen in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aguero down to 6% ownership now. Would be a nice differential captain next week.

If he starts. You couldn't blame Pep if he starts without him, considering the demolition job the attack did on Stoke. Let's see how they line up Champs League. Three things are guaranteed in life: death, taxes, and that Pep will Pep. Indeed such is his trolling skills I think there should be a Pep the frog in his honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Alli out I think maybe Salah/KDB/Eriksen in

3 players in for 1

LeanMinorBurro.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I have Salah + 1.5 itb I can get in Eriksen or I can get another City mid.....I don't know.

I have Kane but he seems to only do anything during away games.

I might just bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kane and Falaini (had him sitting nicely in last bench spot) out, Abraham and Eriksen in. Rom captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Aguero/Jesus in for Lacazatte but will hold off until after tonight's game. I fear we might be none the wiser though - what scenario leaves us confident of who'll start the Burnley game?

Advertisement