Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers - Aguero in.. yay/naa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

shineon23 wrote: »
    Done well in first few gameweeks, got a few handy price rises then disappeared into obscurity?

Awh :(

On the nose my lad

Sorry I was in a rush earlier when I posted my message so couldn't elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

callaway92 wrote: »
    B
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    B

Keep Rom for this week and see after that

Thanks folks,

Think I'm now gonna roll with Jesus, Otamendi & Cedric in for Vardy, Kola & Bellerin for a -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,187 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have Jesus and Kane already.
    Was considering dumping Kane as Lacazette could run riot next week home to Swansea.

Is he really that bad?

He can hardly run never mind run riot
    I signed him without really watching him
    Awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

km79 wrote: »
    Awful

Same, brought him in for a hit. Got rid of him for a hit. Story of the season tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lacazette to Morata worth a -4?

Definitely get rid of Lacazette. I have him and he is gone for Morata, Jesus or Aguero or for a mad -8 involving Tammy Abraham :eek::o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Arsenal players are avoid at all costs for me! Something very wrong in that dressing room

• Registered Users Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers for the replies re: Mooy....totally forgot about his long haul travel in the last international break.

Like others, he scored a goal the week I signed him and has done nada FPL wise since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    Awful

I really chuckled at this :)

Welcome aboard the jinx express Morata!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

PVA wrote: »
    Fair point, however if you brought him in GW4 your returns would be 2, 9, 3, 3, 3... No player can guarantee returns every week or even every second week, but a large number of highly owned players have been on bad run recently, and the fixtures for Spurs, United and Chelsea are going to get tougher!

F365 have an article on Mkhi - looks like he's creating a lot less chances these days.

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-manchester-united-oh-mkhitaryan-youre-not-so-fine

I downgraded him to GroB to bring in Kane. Kane blanked but GroB got an assist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Removing Tadic early in a double transfer has come back to bite me as Sakho is out for WHU.

I'm not one for rage transfers usually but he is such as troll!!!!

Oh and up against km79 in League 1 this week too.....Time to shine TPT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I did Brady to Richarlison, captaining Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Thinking Vardy > Morata and Alli > Richarlison/Zaha for a -4 but can't decide on the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What time is the city press conference tomorrow - see if get any idea about Aguero.
    Thinking of Rom and Ali to Aguero and Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A rush of blood to the head and taking a risk. Not sure what has come over me but in the mood for a gamble. Alli, Tadic (finally) and Chicarito OUT, Hazard, Zaha and Diouf IN for -4. Hazard captain. I'm bringing these 3 players out with decent fixtures so this will probably backfire, but I've been wanting to offload them for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm away all weekend from tonight so had to make my changes tonight. I went with:

Chicharito->Aguero
    Firmino->Morata
    Sanchez->Zaha

Time to call it quits on the Sanchez experiment, but hopefully I can finally start undoing the damage now.

COH wrote: »
    Thinking Vardy > Morata and Alli > Richarlison/Zaha for a -4 but can't decide on the latter

I hope to have both players within next 3 weeks but I’m bringing in Zaha first because he passed the eye test with honours at the weekend.

I’ve watched Richarlison but he didn’t pass the eye test so easily. It’s his stats that have me interested.

So are you a stat or eye man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Heard news the Loftus Cheek is back.

Thinking of doing Doucoure > RLC to free up some funds. Thoughts on this guys? Do you think he'll start this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So that wildcard I talked about a few weeks back before, well I didn't do it. Nor did I make a transfer last week.

Haven't really had my head in the game much recently, and had to decide my transfers tonight ahead of tomorrow.

Jese -> Richarlison
    Mkhi -> Sterling

Considered a -4 for Mooy too but have nothing in the bank and can't see anyone worth a hit at that price of 5.5.

Need to get my mojo back, and need to crack on with a good wildcard team too.

Sitting at about 830k currently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Arrrrrgh, so much to ponder this week, I want so many players but I can't have them all.......

I currently have

Salah, Eriksen, Carroll, Gross, RLC

Kane, Lukaku, Lacazette

I have 1.4m in the bank and 2 ft's but I don't know what to do.

Players I would love some of are Kun, Jesus, Morata, Zaha, Sane

I'm severely lacking in City attacking coverage and the way they are going it's criminal not to have one or two of them, but which of them to get and who to get rid of is really troubling me, the only player I'm happy to let go with no regrets is Lacazette, after that I'm afraid most of the others might burn me if I get rid.

Then my other problem is having Davies and Jones yellow flagged when all I have with them is Naughton, Mbemba and Rosenior, so potentially just one starter with Naughton! Oh how I would love a wildcard!

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm willing to take a -4, surely a -8 would be crazy? Currently sitting in approx 230k.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Arrrrrgh, so much to ponder this week, I want so many players but I can't have them all.......

I currently have

Kane, Lukaku, Lacazette

I'm severely lacking in City attacking coverage and the way they are going it's criminal not to have one or two of them, but which of them to get and who to get rid of is really troubling me, the only player I'm happy to let go with no regrets is Lacazette, after that I'm afraid most of the others might burn me if I get rid.

Then my other problem is having Davies and Jones yellow flagged when all I have with them is Naughton, Mbemba and Rosenior, so potentially just one starter with Naughton! Oh how I would love a wildcard!

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm willing to take a -4, surely a -8 would be crazy? Currently sitting in approx 230k.

Can you do Laca and Gross to Jesus and Zaha?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Can you do Laca and Gross to Jesus and Zaha?

Nope 0.1m short!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nope 0.1m short!

Morata then! And then you might just have enough to do Eriksen to KdB? Eriksen has been great but Spurs have some tricky fixtures in the short term and KdB has been sensational. You could hold off on Zaha til next week if you don't think he'll outscore Gross this week, but for sure I'd fancy KdB and Morata to do better than Eriksen and Laca

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Laca - Abraham
    Gross - Silva/sterling/sane

Maybe?

Edit...Actually.. what was posted above is a better plan

manual_man wrote: »
    Morata then! And then you might just have enough to do Eriksen to KdB? Eriksen has been great but Spurs have some tricky fixtures in the short term and KdB has been sensational. You could hold off on Zaha til next week if you don't think he'll outscore Gross this week, but for sure I'd fancy KdB and Morata to do better than Eriksen and Laca

Food for thought alright, I had not considered getting rid of Eriksen at all, you have now thrown another cat in amongst the pigeons! I will have to sleep on it and re assess tomorrow, it might come to me in my dreams what to do, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I currently have

Kane, Lukaku, Lacazette

What would a -4 Sane/Sterling/Morata for Eriksen/Gross/Lacazette leave itb?
    Could be used to upgrade a 4M defender next week as part of another hit if you get Kun for Lukaku (say)

Would leave you fretting over Pep's rotation and playing RLC/Carroll each week probably. I'm not sure I like that as with 3 city attackers you might ignore them as captain options.

Lacazette to Jesus and upgrade 4M defender perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Don’t think I’ve ever agonised more over transfers than this week. City coverage is so vital yet unpredictable. Peps press conference today will have a big impact on what my team looks like for next few weeks.

If Pep gives a hint Aguero starts today I’m getting him in for Lukaku and putting him captain.

But if no sign Aguero starts going to get Sterling in for Alli and put him in as captain as cant bring myself to put it on Jesus given doubts about his minutes. Also leaves me with money ITB to do Haidara to Alonso at the back for a -4 which gives me 2 quite different options.

A) Sane, Jesus and Aguero (c)

Or

B) Alonso + Sane, Jesus and Sterling (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

I hope to have both players within next 3 weeks but I’m bringing in Zaha first because he passed the eye test with honours at the weekend.

I’ve watched Richarlison but he didn’t pass the eye test so easily. It’s his stats that have me interested.

So are you a stat or eye man ?

Zaha & Morata it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Also leaves me with money ITB to do Haidara to Alonso at the back for a -4 which gives me 2 quite different options.

Chelsea conceded 5 in the last 7 days. Alonso'a return over the last 5 GWs are v poor for such a premium price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Yoshida in for bavis . Boring but frees up cash

• Advertisement

Don’t think I’ve ever agonised more over transfers than this week. City coverage is so vital yet unpredictable. Peps press conference today will have a big impact on what my team looks like for next few weeks.

If Pep gives a hint Aguero starts today I’m getting him in for Lukaku and putting him captain.

But if no sign Aguero starts going to get Sterling in for Alli and put him in as captain as cant bring myself to put it on Jesus given doubts about his minutes. Also leaves me with money ITB to do Haidara to Alonso at the back for a -4 which gives me 2 quite different options.

A) Sane, Jesus and Aguero (c)

Or

B) Alonso + Sane, Jesus and Sterling (c)

I wouldn’t hestate in going for option B.

Until we see where Aguero is then I don’t see him as an option. B is safer and potentially as explosive.

Advertisement