Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 9 Transfers - Aguero in.. yay/naa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Jesus start and Aguero minutes off the bench lead us to Aguero.
    Aguero non-appearance leads us to Jesus.
    Aguero start with Jesus leaves us confused as does Aguero start and Jesus on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darra6h

Started the year with Sane and Jesus, got rid but looks like they may be called on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Depending on tonight Kane and vardy could be becoming Aguero or lukaku and morata

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ramsey - Zaha was my thinking, but now I'm thinking I could do with the cash to upgrade Chicarito to a 3rd premium. Ramsey - Atsu is the building block to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sane and Sakho in for Tadic and Firmino with 2FTs.

Gabbi stepping up for that penalty killed my brief moment of anticipation.

Punting on Sakho given that Carroll is suspended and hoping a good showing means he'll start against Palace in GW10 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sane, Alli, Dilva, Shaqiri
    Kane, Lacazette, Vardy

Something is telling me to give the front 2 a chance. I think I might bank, wait to see how Aguero is, and then go for 3-4 transfers next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Jesus start and Aguero minutes off the bench lead us to Aguero.
    Aguero non-appearance leads us to Jesus.
    Aguero start with Jesus leaves us confused as does Aguero start and Jesus on bench.

Jesus starts and Kun on bench - lets see how this goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Kane to Kun for the next 2 GWs
    Bit confused now, if Kun gets 20 minutes there’s no guarantee he’ll start at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have Sane and Jesus.

Now think I’ll get Sterling in for Alli as my third City attacker - would be nervous captaining any of those 3.

Will wait to pull the trigger on it and see does the likelihood of Aguero starting Saturday become anymore clear cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lacazette to Jesus done....couldn't afford to wait for any price moves either way.

Lacazette was a huge disappointment...haven't been this p1ssed off with a player since Andy Carroll last season and Andy Carroll the season before that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whats the thoughts on
    Jesus -> Morata
    Kane -> Aguero?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Whats the thoughts on
    Jesus -> Morata
    Kane -> Aguero?

I’d do neither.

You’re looking to bring in 2 players that have been injured and have had no game time for 2 players that are pretty much guaranteed to start and are match fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My plan is:

Firmino -> Aguero
    Sanchez -> Zaha
    Chicharito -> Morata

I have the exact money to do it after Morata's drop this week.

I was hoping for some Aguero game time last night so I might do Jesus instead and keep cash for Aguero next week, though I don't like planning a transfer ahead already as there's often an inevitable injury or suspension that scuppers it.

As it stands I think we're looking at Jesus starting and Aguero coming on when he gets withdrawn after 60 as always.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    Whats the thoughts on
    Jesus -> Morata
    Kane -> Aguero?
    I'd recommend you to do Morata/Aguero -> Jesus/Kane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

As much as Chicharito has been awful so far, I assume he will be the sole attacker this weekend with Carroll sent off? Reckon I'll hold him, gives me some interest in the Friday night game. He's 6/4 to score anytime, worth one more chance...

Already looking at a -12 or bigger for this week, season practically over so it's gamble time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

PVA wrote: »
    As much as Chicharito has been awful so far, I assume he will be the sole attacker this weekend with Carroll sent off? Reckon I'll hold him, gives me some interest in the Friday night game. He's 6/4 to score anytime, worth one more chance...

Already looking at a -12 or bigger for this week, season practically over so it's gamble time

Well I did not know there was a Friday night game until now, cheers PVA.

Might be handy to know for draft waivers.

Looking like just a boring transfer Lacassette to Jesus.

Banking the hit again to bench Bavies if he's definitely ruled out. Then reluctantly move him on if Rose figures much.

My glamorous DDG to Foster move has to wait again with Foster's injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

shineon23 wrote: »
    Well I did not know there was a Friday night game until now, cheers PVA.

Might be handy to know for draft waivers.

Looking like just a boring transfer Lacassette to Jesus.

Banking the hit again to bench Bavies if he's definitely ruled out. Then reluctantly move him on if Rose figures much.

My glamorous DDG to Foster move has to wait again with Foster's injury.

Yeah, can't say I enjoy Friday Night Football from a purist point of view, Friday nights are sacrilege! Keeps it interesting for FPL though

As I understand it Bavies was 'ill' rather than injured, and expected to be back for the weekend. I'm holding him for the moment, he's been playing too well for Rose to just walk back into the team if both are fit. Huge attacking potential too

That being said, it seems like Bavies out could be a worthy move, I could upgrade Hegazi to Trippier in a few weeks when Spurs fixtures turn good again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Looking at getting lukaku back for this week so if morata plays tonight I will be bringing both in for Kane and vardy with a view to doing lukaku to aguero next week when things are clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Looking at doing Lacazette & Brady to Rashford & Sterling for a -4. 

This would give me:

Elliot
    Davies, Kolasinac, Jones
    Sterling, Silva, Ritchie, Mkhitaryan
    Jesus, Kane, Rashford
    Foster, Wimmer, Obiang, Mbemba

It still leaves me with some concerns...Davies may have to go soon, but if he doesnt make it this weekend, Wimmer home to BOU isn't a bad fixture.

3 MCI and 3 Man Utd....happy enough having 3 city players with their form and fixtures...even with the rotation risk.

3 Man Utd looks good going into Huddersfield away. I have kept Mkhi for this but will most likely get rid afterwards. Rashford is fairly punty, but he does seem to be getting his fair share of starts this year, but I would be concerned about him being dropped for the bigger games Man Utd have coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So 87 minutes for Jesus last night, Ageuro on the bench for the last 2 so most be basically fit if not totally match sharp.

Burnley at home...

It's a risk but strongly considering Lukaku out Aguero in. Even if Aguero just got the last 20 minutes you'd expect some returns. And then long term, as good as Jesus and Sane have been, you just can't leave Aguero out can you? His returns have been exceptional even by Cities high standard.

The alternative is to play it safe with Silva and maybe have a look at Firmino for the 3rd striker spot who may have returned to form and to free up funds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was going to do Alli to fabregas and then miki or Ritchie to zaha the following week
    I'm now of a mind to bank and reassess the following week as all 3 have ok fixtures
    Already lost .1 on Alli though :(

Friday evening deadline makes it easier to stay strong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looking at shipping out Bavies.

Phil Jones is looking tempting but concious of Utd's fixtures getting worse. And him being made of glass.

I'm tempted by Aurier also - looks an excelent player in an excellent backline. Card magnet though.

Am I mad to look Stones/Otamendi - city have only let in 5 goals this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

steve_r wrote: »
    Looking at shipping out Bavies.

Phil Jones is looking tempting but concious of Utd's fixtures getting worse. And him being made of glass.

I'm tempted by Aurier also - looks an excelent player in an excellent backline. Card magnet though.

Am I mad to look Stones/Otamendi - city have only let in 5 goals this season?

Not at all, City have been solid at the back and Otamendi is great value - Stones I'd slightly worry about if/when Kompany regains fitness. The only valid argument I could think against him is that you might want to save 3 City spots for your attack and midfield considering the way they're banging in goals at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Alonso + Stones

or

Azpilicueta + Otamendi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

can't see aguero starting against burnley, a real physical team, could be wrong tho,
    i sold alli and hendrick for sterling and zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

PVA wrote: »

May God have mercy on your soul.

Had literally no idea about FNF til now, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Alonso + Stones

or

Azpilicueta + Otamendi?

Alonso and Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero is the conundrum.

I need a kickstart. And very badly.

Can do Ritchie and Lacazette
    > Atsu and Aguero. It could go all types of wrong though.

Vardy, Lacazette and Ritchie
    > Abraham, Aguero and Sterling for a -4. It would give me 3 City attackers including Silva.

I have a niggling feeling Vardy will score at the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d do neither.

You’re looking to bring in 2 players that have been injured and have had no game time for 2 players that are pretty much guaranteed to start and are match fit and healthy.

My thinking is that Jesus could be rested for Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

callaway92 wrote: »
    Alonso and Stones

Alonso definitely would be fun to own.
    Is Stones a guaranteed starter?

Advertisement