Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I think they should replace her. She has had long enough. Who would be a good replacement for lunchtime live?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Still in the hotpress i see. Deary me there's no end to it. Does her husband ever let out of that little space?

Fritzl comes to mind there Chalkie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

iHungry wrote: »
    I think they should replace her. She has had long enough. Who would be a good replacement for lunchtime live?

George Hook

Oh God , 100 days of walking still going strong !

I think we are all walking now for ourselves to just feel better, not because its Ciara's "100 days of walking". All these media driven hyped events and hopefully Operation Transformation etc etc will all fall to the wayside in the wake of Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

iHungry wrote: »

She really isn’t the problem, the shows “format” is terrible. Once you let the general public phone in the “standard” drops.

Susan Keogh would be an excellent “successor” to Dr. Ciara Kelly but even she could make it any better when you have morons calling in to have a “moan” about the most dreary of things.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

She really isn’t the problem, the shows “format” is terrible. Once you let the general public phone in the “standard” drops.

Susan Keogh would be an excellent “successor” to Dr. Ciara Kelly but even she could make it any better when you have morons calling in to have a “moan” about the most dreary of things.

I find Susan Keogh a bit bland but that's basically the issue with the format. It was a bliss when only Joe Duffy catered for morons.

And no George Hook wouldn't be any better. In fact they tried with call ins and stopped them because it was to awful to listen to him trying to have conversation with 'regular' people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Yes i agree. She's just another Joe Duffy at this stage. And one daytime, have a moan call-in show is enough for any person.

I prefer Susan Keogh because she stays calm and doesn't make issues about her. So the topics actually get more attention and airtime without all the personal interjection from the presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

I prefer Susan Keogh because she stays calm and doesn't make issues about her. So the topics actually get more attention and airtime without all the personal interjection from the presenter.

"hear you"
    "I'm in a hotpress"
    She's so annoying, Susan Keogh way better.
    Like Mark Cagney was way better than Ivan Yates, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

meeeeh wrote: »
    I find Susan Keogh a bit bland but that's basically the issue with the format. It was a bliss when only Joe Duffy catered for morons.

And no George Hook wouldn't be any better. In fact they tried with call ins and stopped them because it was to awful to listen to him trying to have conversation with 'regular' people.

Nice.

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »
    "hear you"
    "I'm in a hotpress"
    She's so annoying, Susan Keogh way better.
    Like Mark Cagney was way better than Ivan Yates, IMO.

yesterday she had such a rant at her guest who is in the area of Higher Education, the topic was about deferring Leaving Cert. She said she was asking on behalf of her "bloody daughter" !:eek:

Then she had a young student from Donegal on the phone and this girl said something about disruptive students in class (not sure of the entire conversation) and immediately Ciara chipped "I was that student"!!! FFS - it always has to be about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

yesterday she had such a rant at her guest who is in the area of Higher Education, the topic was about deferring Leaving Cert. She said she was asking on behalf of her "bloody daughter" !:eek:

Then she had a young student from Donegal on the phone and this girl said something about disruptive students in class (not sure of the entire conversation) and immediately Ciara chipped "I was that student"!!! FFS - it always has to be about her!

She has four children and lives in Greystones - bet you didn't know that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

so go from PC to uber PC ?

Remember her attempt at the big leagues last year when she had a go at the Rose of Tralee for not having any direct provision women or travellers or indeed homeless women?

That's the kind of pre packed PC clone you're getting with Susan Keogh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Mad_maxx wrote: »

You’re right. They should just parachute Niall Boylan in. Is there any better “tells it like it is” merchant knocking around these days?

Would Ian O’Doherty take up a radio “job”? He’d certainly have the pants down from a lot of lads on here.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You’re right. They should just parachute Niall Boylan in. Is there any better “tells it like it is” merchant knocking around these days?

Would Ian O’Doherty take up a radio “job”? He’d certainly have the pants down from a lot of lads on here.

I like both of those guys, they don't check the right on handbook before offering an opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Remember her attempt at the big leagues last year when she had a go at the Rose of Tralee for not having any direct provision women or travellers or indeed homeless women?

That's the kind of pre packed PC clone you're getting with Susan Keogh

Ye the Rose of Tralee rant was hilarious. Imagine bitterly attacking something as harmless as that and expecting a round of applause.

She backed anyway from that one pretty quickly when she realized that nobody gave a fiddlers.

Ye the Rose of Tralee rant was hilarious. Imagine bitterly attacking something as harmless as that and expecting a round of applause.

She backed anyway from that one pretty quickly when she realized that nobody gave a fiddlers.

People saw right through her cynical opportunistic hackery

She ticked off a who's who of trendy left wing causes, like shooting fish in a barrel, that's the kind of people at the forefront of irish journalism today, no wonder the insufferably dull colette browne is on every second panel

I didn't know Rose of Tralee is so deeply in Irish hearts people still whinge about a bit of criticism a year afterwards (or however long it is, I can't exactly remember when it's on).

Btw as a foreigner I find completely baffling how something like this gets so much attention.

I didn't know Rose of Tralee is so deeply in Irish hearts people still whinge about a bit of criticism a year afterwards (or however long it is, I can't exactly remember when it's on).

Btw as a foreigner I find completely baffling how something like this gets so much attention.

Why would anybody complain about it though, sure they all have lovely bottoms, what's not to like :-)

Ps, Susan Keogh was ranting and raving about 'a lack of diversity', but let's be honest, nobody wants to see a fat rose!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I like both of those guys, they don't check the right on handbook before offering an opinion

This post is perfect because so many complain here about Ciara making it all about her, but have no problem with someone whose actual structure on topics is 'here is what I think, what's the problem.'

I suspected as much but still dont know is it because of some inherent sense of jealousy or misogyny aimed at Ciara/Susan or because they have an issue with any sort of progressive thought.

• Advertisement

Why would anybody complain about it though, sure they all have lovely bottoms, what's not to like :-)

Ps, Susan Keogh was ranting and raving about 'a lack of diversity', but let's be honest, nobody wants to see a fat rose!

Just curious, is the Covid-19 an issue in your 1970 world the same way as it is here, 50 years further on?

I have no strong interest one way or another in relation to the Rose of Tralee, but the clarity of thought in your post is a major reason why a lot of people do.

Just curious, is the Covid-19 an issue in your 1970 world the same way as it is here, 50 years further on?

I have no strong interest one way or another in relation to the Rose of Tralee, but the clarity of thought in your post is a major reason why a lot of people do.

Haha I thought you wouldn't be too far behind you're buddy and you didn't disappoint, just waiting on the other fella now, Ah Well or whatever his name is. The 3 'woke' amigos :-)

Susan's rant didn't pan out the way she'd hoped though, I'm not joking about that, it actually backfired a bit or am I wrong?

Haha I thought you wouldn't be too far behind you're buddy and you didn't disappoint, just waiting on the other fella now, Ah Well or whatever his name is. The 3 'woke' amigos :-)

Susan's rant didn't pan out the way she'd hoped though, I'm not joking about that, it actually backfired a bit or am I wrong?

Well, I suspect you are wrong, as always, in presuming that when she expressed an opinion, she was doing so as some form of a strategy. Why must everything be so contrived, or have you any evidence whatsoever that this is the case? Or do you prefer your female radio hosts (if we must have them) to be devoid of personal views?

Sorry for interrupting what I can only imagine at this point must be some form of therapeutic release of pent up angst for whatever reason. Hope it feels like it is working for you. Maybe you might have better luck talking to women, than being judgmental of them. Or would you see that as too 'woke' an approach and so are incapable of considering it?

Well, I suspect you are wrong, as always, in presuming that when she expressed an opinion, she was doing so as some form of a strategy. Why must everything be so contrived, or have you any evidence whatsoever that this is the case? Or do you prefer your female radio hosts (if we must have them) to be devoid of personal views?

Sorry for interrupting what I can only imagine at this point must be some form of therapeutic release of pent up angst for whatever reason. Hope it feels like it is working for you. Maybe you might have better luck talking to women, than being judgmental of them. Or would you see that as too 'woke' an approach and so are incapable of considering it?

No need to apologise, you're forgiven :-)

Well in fairness Susan was making a bitta noise to get her name out there and that worked grand (I'd never heard of her before then, so fair balls to her on that score) but people didn't row in behind her woke diatribe like she'd hoped, so it did backfire in that sense.

Anyway on to more important matters than silly little Susan, what ever happened to George Hook? he was the only presenter on Newstalk that was any good. Used to love when he had Michael Graham on as well, he was excellent, does he still contribute?

Also there's better ways to release stress, ZING ;-)

Ps, I feel great today to be honest, tis a mighty day out, what about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was wondering how long it would be until the “if you don’t like Ciara Kelly you’re a misogynist” line was trotted out. :rolleyes:

I'm not a buddy anyway. Look weather you like to watch a bit paddy whackery with slim arses or fat arses is your own choice. You are still complaining about irrelevant remarks about competition that is even more irrelevant. No better way to become irrelevant yourself.

By the way if Susan was doing that just to get her name out she obviously succeeded with people like you.

I was wondering how long it would be until the “if you don’t like Ciara Kelly you’re a misogynist” line was trotted out. :rolleyes:

Ah but see that's 'progressive thought' in the little minds of some.

I'm not a buddy anyway. Look weather you like to watch a bit paddy whackery with slim arses or fat arses is your own choice. You are still complaining about irrelevant remarks about competition that is even more irrelevant. No better way to become irrelevant yourself.

By the way if Susan was doing that just to get her name out she obviously succeeded with people like you.

So irrelevant you continue to respond to me.

Kindest regards

The slim arse admirer ;-)

The slim arse admirer ;-)

I bet only from far away.

• Advertisement

I bet only from far away.

What do you think it would be better to get closer to the arses?? Bit creepy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement