Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Ahwell

but she's certainly pretending that it presents a serious threat to her life.

What are you basing this on? I just listened to an an RTE interview she did and she said the exact opposite to what you are claiming.

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2020/0319/1124134-watch-dr-ciara-kelly-has-the-virus/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have you opened a newspaper in the last few weeks?

Lol. She’s not remotely high risk. Less exaggeration please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Have you opened a newspaper in the last few weeks?

I don't see why you think she is in any way high risk. How many women of her age world wide have died of the Coronavirus?

If she really thought she was in danger would she be presenting the radio show from her hot press, and giving interviews to anybody who would listen to her story.

I'm not trying to be unkind here but people need to wise up about how people use their positions in the media to promote their own positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't see why you think she is in any way high risk. How many women of her age world wide have died of the Coronavirus?

If she really thought she was in danger would she be presenting the radio show from her hot press, and giving interviews to anybody who would listen to her story.

I'm not trying to be unkind here but people need to wise up about how people use their positions in the media to promote their own positions.

Seems to most people that she is using her position to try to inform others and talk them through the process. A lot of people of a similar age and gender as Ciara are probably reassured to hear her talk reasonably about this.

But no, same as with the 100 days of walking, which many have taken up her initiative on and which is a very decent thing to be doing and yet so many, on this thread at least, say she is only doing it to draw attention to herself.

And, if she is eager to be successful, how bad is that?

Where has she claimed that it presents a serious threat to her life? Sorry for asking twice, but you do have a habit of getting things wrong and then just glossing over it as if you never said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

She's been saying since she was diagnosed that she'll be grand.

She has actually stated several times she'll get over it and as a potentially immune doctor she hopes to be quite useful helping sick people.

Meanwhile, good job with the sympathy, lads. Bet she's loving every minute of being sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

You ****in sad bastard. How many times have you been banned off this site yet you keep coming back with the same ****e? JonathanAnon, County Hurler, Unruly Hector, TAFKACH, Tom Shaugh.

You absolute loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seems to most people that she is using her position to try to inform others and talk them through the process. A lot of people of a similar age and gender as Ciara are probably reassured to hear her talk reasonably about this.

But no, same as with the 100 days of walking, which many have taken up her initiative on and which is a very decent thing to be doing and yet so many, on this thread at least, say she is only doing it to draw attention to herself.

And, if she is eager to be successful, how bad is that?

Correct.
    We are a strange people - no good deed goes unpunished.

You absolute loser.

Good man that should be enough to get you banned. There's nothing untrue in anything that I said even though you may not like to hear it.

Don't know what you're other references are, but I will just put it as being consistent with your other incoherent ramblings.

There’s also a 10% false positive rate btw, whereby you indicate on the test as positive but in effect you only have a flu.

Source: HSE mailer to all Public and Private Hospitals this morning.

I wonder if someone is in this bracket?

• Advertisement

Actually I think we should hand out a leaflet to everybody who is on this thread with the following question:

What is the purpose of Newstalk, the station that Ciara Kelly works for?
    a) To make money for Dennis O'Brien.
    b) To give you a genuinely objective representation of the truth.

Actually I think we should hand out a leaflet to everybody who is on this thread with the following question:

It hasn't made a penny for DOB, it's yet to make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ahwell wrote: »
    It hasn't made a penny for DOB, it's yet to make a profit.

The profit doesn’t matter, it’s the message that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Right now she might have tested positive but it must be false positive because she can't have it according to someone who knows her psychological disorders and medical history. Scraping and bottom comes to mind.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Right now she might have tested positive but it must be false positive because she can't have it according to someone who knows her psychological disorders and medical history. Scraping and bottom comes to mind.

Never said any of that. You're once again attempting to place words in my mouth.

The profit doesn’t matter, it’s the message that matters!

DOB being in charge of so much of our media is far from ideal, but I am glad Newstalk is there and we're not stuck with no alternative to RTE Radio 1.

meeeeh wrote: »

By your logic though the HSE are lying about false positives - why don't you email Prof. Margaret Hannan of the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and ask her why she stated the False Positive rate is 10% this morning in her circular on behalf of the National Task Force. I'll PM you her email address if you like?

Edit - she was actually on with Pat Kenny about 2 weeks ago discussing COVID-19 if you're doubting she exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭plodder

Presumably (though whether it has or not is a different question)
    That's a naive view of the media. Aside from factual reporting, it's all about alternative views. Make up your own mind after that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

Closing for review

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

There is so much wrong over the last number of pages that I am loathe to even reopen this thread, but after discussing with other Mods from here on out it is ZERO tolerance. Any attacking poster, presenters etc. will be an immediate and non negotiable ban as far as mods are concerned, end of. A reminder if needed to read and familiarise yourself with the Charter https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057005035

Honestly there is a lot going on in the World right now, no need to be acting the maggot in here, mods are just people who like radio, most of us like yourselves are trying to adjust to a new normal and are busy, work with us.

Editing to add the warning from post 1!

MOD NOTE
    Updated 05/10/17

Posts that fixate on the presenter's gender, or other aspects of their personal identity, are not welcome on this forum.

Any user who continues to dwell on the presenter's gender, or who is seen to be gender-bashing more generally, will be carded or banned. In light of some recent posts, and the many, many warnings to date, the penalty will likely be a ban. In some cases, there may even be permanent bans handed out.

Please continue to freely discuss the programme content and production quality, but keep it within the bounds of the charter, and this warning.

Please report any posts that breach these rules

thanks PC7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,706 ✭✭✭✭zell12

At 12:32, she said the S word :eek:
    and it's a family show, when kids are off school :eek:
    Ciara: "Pandemics are shít for a reason"

dvcireland wrote: »
    Liveline Agenda

1) Cairopractors - jannie MAc me back, Joe...so to speak.
    2)Delivery drivers - HSE - Toll Roads.
    3) Koocooning- Marie Anne from yesterday, let them eat coddel.
    4) aYE eYE BEE

Wrong thread caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Wrong thread caller.
    i was wondering what all the kerfuffle was about in the last few pages.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

She is clueless. That guy has some patients.

Ciara: "when the x hits the fan"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

zell12 wrote: »
    Ciara: "when the x hits the fan"

You know when she is out of her depth.

Ciara: "if you break your leg you get disabilty"
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Still in the hotpress i see. Deary me there's no end to it. Does her husband ever let out of that little space?

furrin national with no engerlish gets this taxi driver to bring him to to the Covid19 testing centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Shes shocked that the unemployment rate has gone from 4% to 17% in such quick time. I'm more shocked there'ss 83% still working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement