Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

I passed. I am 136 in order of merit. Maybe they will call more in 2018. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

fearmhor18 wrote: »
    I hear you, passed the numerical, verbal but failed assessment. 33 on it, that's the frustrating one because as far as I am aware it doesn't follow any particular logic? Sure no matter. Good luck to all who passed.

This is where I'm at. If I failed the verbal or numerical fair enough but the assessment thing? That makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KF.

Hi, I got placed 187 on order of merit. Does this mean I can be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

CMReilly wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many they took last year for interview stage? Up to what number ? I know 260 first round .. but then is it up to 500 .. 1000 ? I thought they went quite high last year but I could be wrong

Don't know, but I was in the mid/high 500's last year on the order of merit and never got a call for interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

High 500s here. Not as good as last year... which is what I thought after doing it. I was offered AO roles twice off last year's panel but turned them down because the locations are unworkable for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BF9000

Second stage is supervised testing surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Aglomerado wrote: »
    High 500s here. Not as good as last year... which is what I thought after doing it. I was offered AO roles twice off last year's panel but turned them down because the locations are unworkable for me.

Where did you place on OOM last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm in the first 260*

*It may or may not be true;)

The good news is that I passed everything including the assessment which I skim read and answered with 10 minutes to the deadline.

Unless they find the first 1500 useless I've no hope:(

Where did you place on OOM last year?

140s. I was way more focused then. 😠Not too worried, I'm hoping to get called in the new year for interdepartmental HEO which is more likely to be in locations that are at least commutable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ferney

Hard luck to all who didn't get through this time and well done to those who did. What is the next stage of this campaign? According to the Information Booklet, the next stage is Assessment Centre 27th November – 8th December 2017. Is this supervised tests or interviews? This is my first time partaking in one of these campaigns so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I failed cuz I forgot to do the assessment questionnaire lol

Ferney wrote: »
    Hard luck to all who didn't get through this time and well done to those who did. What is the next stage of this campaign? According to the Information Booklet, the next stage is Assessment Centre 27th November – 8th December 2017. Is this supervised tests or interviews? This is my first time partaking in one of these campaigns so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

Last year it was both, plus presentation. It was nearly a full day (but with long breaks).

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

I got placed in the 220's, is there any chance a second batch might be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

I got placed in the 220's, is there any chance a second batch might be called?

At this stage last year, they called the first 300 on the order of merit. I don't know how much further they went after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Verbal Analysis
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 43
    Your Score 71

Numerical Analysis
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 71

Assessment Questionnaire
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 43
    Your Score 41

Argh

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

I was in the 400s last year and they called me for a full day in April. Its a full day consisting of sitting the tests again, presentation and interview. Its Dublin based job and judging from last years posts here, people turned it down because they wanted to stay in their home counties....I failed the presentation as was complete newbie at it...reapplied this year and got order of merit 800+. I have other things coming through (the EO for example in my home county) so if that comes through, i wont continue with this...
    So long as you got through, be optimistic, no matter what your order of merit is because there are people who will drop out etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

At what stage do the Civil Service and Local Government competitions begin to separate?

There can't really be a generic 'one size fits all' interview to cover both competitions. The application forms were completely different in terms of roles and competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Slippers wrote: »
    Verbal Analysis
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 43
    Your Score 71

Numerical Analysis
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 71

Assessment Questionnaire
    Maximum Score 80
    Qualifying Score 43
    Your Score 41

Argh

I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Aglomerado wrote: »
    140s. I was way more focused then. 😠Not too worried, I'm hoping to get called in the new year for interdepartmental HEO which is more likely to be in locations that are at least commutable.

Do you think I have a shot? I placed 158. I don't want to be holding my breath if I've no hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Good luck to all going through this. I was lucky enough to make it through the full competition last year.

I was in batch 2, supervised test, interview and presentation were all in 1 day. They called 300 in first batch and up to and including 553 for second batch.

It should say on your results how many they are bringing forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

I'm hugely confused, the first message said they were calling the first 123 on order of merit, which I didn't make as I'm in the 220's...then a few minutes ago I get sent an invitation to the interview and assessment verification!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

I'm hugely confused, the first message said they were calling the first 123 on order of merit, which I didn't make as I'm in the 220's...then a few minutes ago I get sent an invitation to the interview and assessment verification!

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jimba

Likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I think it's because people can have exactly the same results, e.g. joint 123rd is two people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Exactly the same. Cursing then I get the appointment email straight after.

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zoot1530

think 123 on the order of merit equals 260 people

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

It’s going to be a very intense day with supervised test, presentation and interview on the same day. Whew!

Also, is there any point going ahead unless you want to work in Dublin ie does anyone know of AO places in regions last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I got late 40s :eek:

Problem is my interview day is when I'm on holidays!! I hope they can change it for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    It’s going to be a very intense day with supervised test, presentation and interview on the same day. Whew!

Also, is there any point going ahead unless you want to work in Dublin ie does anyone know of AO places in regions last year?

Revenue had a few in Limerick- Ag had Portlaoise and Clonakilty, DSP had Letterkenny and Carrick-on-Shannon.

There may not be very many regional AO posts- but they do exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Like others I passed both Verbal and Numerical quite well, unfortunately, I got 42 in the situational/assessment. Oh well, maybe next year!

Good luck everyone!

Advertisement