Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

pew wrote: »
    I got late 40s :eek:

Problem is my interview day is when I'm on holidays!! I hope they can change it for me.

I'm also away the day I'm scheduled for assessment/ interview etc., subject to suiting both of us I wonder could we propose a direct swop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm also away the day I'm scheduled for assessment/ interview etc., subject to suiting both of us I wonder could we propose a direct swop?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Passed verbal and numerical failed assessment thingy.

Failed assessment thingy last time, so decided to answer the complete opposite way this time.

So neither lying nor telling works for me.

Is there a 3rd option I don't know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stevieb.hoi

I'm hugely confused, the first message said they were calling the first 123 on order of merit, which I didn't make as I'm in the 220's...then a few minutes ago I get sent an invitation to the interview and assessment verification!

That is confusing. I assumed the first 123 in order of merit equaled 260 people. If you finished in the 220’s then that’s not the case. I finished in the 290’s so there is hope I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hovelette

I'm surprised I passed. Got placed top 5.

There's some amount of paperwork needed for the next stage. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

pew wrote: »
    Pm sent

I'm the same . Placed mid 20's . Away the day I've been assigned :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Subacio wrote: »
    Passed verbal and numerical failed assessment thingy.

Failed assessment thingy last time, so decided to answer the complete opposite way this time.

So neither lying nor telling works for me.

Is there a 3rd option I don't know about?

the assessment thing is actually probably the hardest of the three for a lot of people. They ask the same thing different ways over the scenarios, profile and 'better than mosts' answers and then there's the experience of supervision bits as well.

Whereas there's practice tests and the like or the other two or you could be a mathematical wizard, the assessment is a difficult one to engineer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Otsuka wrote: »
    I'm the same . Placed mid 20's . Away the day I've been assigned :(

Send them email asap. The email is in the message they sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishguy2017

got placed 111 on the order of merit, delighted and also shocked as I was sure I was going to do just mediocre on the verbal analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hovelette wrote: »

Top 5! Bloody hell, Well done ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Yeah, some of these qualifications haven’t seen the light of day in many years. Gonna have to go digging tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Kamu wrote: »
    Like others I passed both Verbal and Numerical quite well, unfortunately, I got 42 in the situational/assessment. Oh well, maybe next year!

Good luck everyone!

I'm in the exact same boat as yourself. I passed the verbal and numerical well too and got 42 in the situation/assessment. Don't worry about it! There will be other opportunities. :)

Revenue had a few in Limerick- Ag had Portlaoise and Clonakilty, DSP had Letterkenny and Carrick-on-Shannon.

There may not be very many regional AO posts- but they do exist.

I didn't make it...

But can I ask out of interest are you placed randomly? Or too your closest location? i.e. I'm living in Sligo, so would I get a position in Carrick-on-Shannon if I was successful next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Do I stand no chance of being called to the next stage in OOM 813?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hovelette

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Do I stand no chance of being called to the next stage in OOM 813?

I'd say it's unlikely. There were 2 rounds last year and they called around 550 altogether. Usually there's only 1 round. It depends on demand though so you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sjka2013

I'd say it's unlikely. There were 2 rounds last year and they called around 550 altogether. Usually there's only 1 round. It depends on demand though so you'd never know.

DO you know if that was 550 people or up to 550 in the order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Do you think I have a shot? I placed 158. I don't want to be holding my breath if I've no hope!

It's hard to tell. Demand will determine if there's going to be another batch called. Well done in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Just got the email to say there was a typo in yesterday's communication.

The Order of Merit is 223 and not 123 as previously stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I passed all of them which I'm delighted about. But only got 43 in the situational. I placed somewhere about 1200. Good luck to everyone who are going to the next stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

Means I got through by the absolute skin of my teeth after sailing through the assistant principal stages earlier this year.

It’s so schizo

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sjka2013

Did you email them directly? :confused:

• Advertisement

sjka2013 wrote: »
    Did you email them directly? :confused:

No. It was an automated email to my inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

May I ask what your scores were? Mine are posted above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I got placed number 10 on the order of merit. Very happy with that because I found the maths tough.

I got 73 on verbal, 54 on maths and 62 on questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

Passed all of them but have been placed like 1200. Last time i was 500, dont know how my score has gotten so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

job seeker wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat as yourself. I passed the verbal and numerical well too and got 42 in the situation/assessment. Don't worry about it! There will be other opportunities. :)

Thank you! Little disappointed yesterday, but I'll take it as something to learn from! Good luck with everything!

Kamu wrote: »
    Thank you! Little disappointed yesterday, but I'll take it as something to learn from! Good luck with everything!

No worries, me too! But as my mother says "what's for you won't pass you!" It's something I live by! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Anyone know roughly how many people apply for these positions each year? I placed around 1900 so very unlikely to hear back.

Did anyone also apply for the Graduate Opportunities in Local Government also? I just done one aptitude test, so my scores for will be identical for both tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

No. It was an automated email to my inbox

Do you mean your personal OOM had the typo or the OOM number they're calling to stage 2 (which was "up to and including 123")? If it's yours that would explain why I don't have a message...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Guitar Johnny

yeah I did, wonder how they will proceed with that one.. .

• Advertisement

lucat wrote: »
    Do you mean your personal OOM had the typo or the OOM number they're calling to stage 2 (which was "up to and including 123")? If it's yours that would explain why I don't have a message...

It was in reference to the competition overall. My personal order of merit didn't change. It was the competition cut-off that had the typo. It came to my PAS mailbox.

'we are calling up to 223 on order of merit not 123 as previously confirmed.'

Advertisement