Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I did the one in Croke Park in 2012. Got top percentiles in numerical and verbal but failed the "job simulation" - lol. Didn't think it was possible to simulate a job in a 20 minute multiple choice but what do i know?

Everything seems to be in Abbey street now no matter what part of the country you're from - and if you haven't done it before no they don't give you anything towards your travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

My first time going for one of these campaigns. Some of the replies here have reassured me a bit about my experience with the numerical test - which of the different tests would be my weak point, from the practice I've had. I'm still pessimistic about passing it, though.

I signed up to a site called jobtestprep which I saw recommended on one of the older threads here, so hopefully that will help if I go down this route again. Didn't have a lot of time to practice this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Have been shortlisted for the AO role in the IGEES campaign, next stage is a case study exercise. Never done one before but I am currently studying my economics masters abroad so I am in the right mindset just have no idea what it could be really. Heres the briefing on whats expected below. 

For this exercise you will be given varied pieces of economic information.
    Having analysed the documentation you must decide what course of action to follow.
    The presentation and written exercise will be based on the documentation and
    your analysis of same.
    You will have 90 minutes to examine the documentation and to write a note on your
    recommendations. You will then have up to 10 minutes to make an oral presentation to a panel of assessors outlining your decision and the rationale behind it and up to 15 – 20 minutes will be available to the assessors to seek clarification and ask you questions.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Have been shortlisted for the AO role in the IGEES campaign, next stage is a case study exercise. Never done one before but I am currently studying my economics masters abroad so I am in the right mindset just have no idea what it could be really. Heres the briefing on whats expected below. 

Having analysed the documentation you must decide what course of action to follow.
    your analysis of same.
    You will have 90 minutes to examine the documentation and to write a note on your
    recommendations. You will then have up to 10 minutes to make an oral presentation to a panel of assessors outlining your decision and the rationale behind it and up to 15 – 20 minutes will be available to the assessors to seek clarification and ask you questions.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kbr19

Any guestimates as to when results might be out? They were out on the Friday of this week last year! But I reckon it may be the end of next week before we find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

kbr19 wrote: »
    Any guestimates as to when results might be out? They were out on the Friday of this week last year! But I reckon it may be the end of next week before we find out.

Was hoping today but could be early next week,really want to know 😔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I found the maths grand :D

I may or may not be lying !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BF9000

Found the Math quite difficult. Same difficulty level as the last AO apt test though. More prep required in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Was hoping today but could be early next week,really want to know ��

It's usually 3 weeks after the tests. So probably end of next week or the start of the week of the 27th.

lucat wrote: »
    It's usually 3 weeks after the tests. So probably end of next week or the start of the week of the 27th.

It said on the application form that round two was meant to be the 27th November so they should be quick enough at getting the results out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 vicrox

your analysis of same.
    Thanks!

I have also been shortlisted. Does anyone have an idea as to what they ask and what type of questions and economic documents that might come up??? Your help is appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I wish they'd hurry up with the results just to put us all out of our misery after that awful numerical test!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Areas wrote: »
    I wish they'd hurry up with the results just to put us all out of our misery after that awful numerical test!

Wry laugh here.........
    It might be better if they just never tell us.........

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Mine aren't. Gonna be hitting refresh for the next twenty mins!

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    Results are out!

Did you get an email/text,I haven’t got one yet

Through some absolute miracle, I didn't fail any of the sections- however, unless they call 1200 (eventually)- I'm out........
    First 260 to interview in 2 weeks time. Good luck guys!

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Did you get an email/text,I haven’t got one yet

They're probably putting them up on the system in batches.
    Give it an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Scored extremely well on the verbal and numerical and failed the fecking assessment questionnaire. 73, 60 and 35 respectively.

That's disheartening bull**** but looks like I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Got placed 1730 so probably won’t get called this time.

Didn’t do too great in either of them but at least it’s a step up from failing in 2014.

Hooray for small victories! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

Scored extremely well on the verbal and numerical and failed the fecking assessment questionnaire. 73, 60 and 35 respectively.

That's disheartening bull**** but looks like I'm out.

I hear you, passed the numerical, verbal but failed assessment. 33 on it, that's the frustrating one because as far as I am aware it doesn't follow any particular logic? Sure no matter. Good luck to all who passed.

Fail the management scenario too

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sjka2013

Got 261 and only the top 260 go through, that is very cruel :P. Does anyone know how long the panel is open for?
    Good luck to everyone that got through

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sister bliss

By some miracle I passed everything!! Placed 530 on order of merit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

Does anyone know how many they took last year for interview stage? Up to what number ? I know 260 first round .. but then is it up to 500 .. 1000 ? I thought they went quite high last year but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

They're probably putting them up on the system in batches.
    Give it an hour or two.

Do you think they will call more people? I did a lot better than expected especially since I did it on my commute to work in the morning (I placed 158 on oom) so I was disheartened to see that they're only calling up to 123!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭billyhead

Passed too but as The_Conductor says unless they start calling in people whom scored beyond 1000 I don't have a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

sjka2013 wrote: »
    Got 261 and only the top 260 go through, that is very cruel :P. Does anyone know how long the panel is open for?
    Good luck to everyone that got through

I don't know but how do you know you were 261? Were you 124 on order of merit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 sjka2013

Actually you are right, I read it wrong. I'm just 261 ;)

Advertisement