Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Qualified for the Local Government competition as well.

It was a very tricky application form.

Three year contract, but you'd hope for an extension if you proved yourself.

The supervised verification test for the Civil Service competition will double up for the Local Government.

However, their interview processes are completely different.

Shame the booklets are taken off the internet when the closing date passes. I can't find a URL for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baba87

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Yes, I have it. How can I send it?

That would be great if you could send a copy! You should be able to post it as an attachment here?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baba87

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Qualified for the Local Government competition as well.

It was a very tricky application form.

Three year contract, but you'd hope for an extension if you proved yourself.

The supervised verification test for the Civil Service competition will double up for the Local Government.

However, their interview processes are completely different.

Shame the booklets are taken off the internet when the closing date passes. I can't find a URL for them.

I have been ranked inside the number called for local government but outside the number called for the civil service. Presumably, if I do the verification for the local government it counts for the civil service if I was called down the line? Rather than resitting it again...

The three year contract will probably be the deciding factor for me in continuing any further with it as I'm already permanent in the civil service and trying to get a mortgage soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

baba87 wrote: »
    That would be great if you could send a copy! You should be able to post it as an attachment here?

Local Government Booklet for anyone who needs it

Does anyone have the Civil Service booklet to share with the readers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Civil Service Booklet for anyone who needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭paintitwhite

I got called for the next stage too which I see is on the 2nd and the 9th. Do candidates go to one or both and if its only one can you specify which one.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

After reading through the AO booklet it mentions a 'preliminary interview' and a 'competitive interview'. I'm going to the assessment centre in December and I was wondering if the interview will be the main interview or is it the preliminary one? Whats the difference between the preliminary and competitive interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Very surprised to see that I got placed 176 in the Local Government Graduate competition. I was sure I messed up the online test.

Next stage is on either 2 or 9 December. I better have a look at the booklet again :)

I would expect the Local Government events on 2nd and 9th December are supervised reverification tests only.

I can't see interviewers working on a Saturday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

I would expect the Local Government events on 2nd and 9th December are supervised reverification tests only.

I can't see interviewers working on a Saturday :)

PAS regularly interview candidates on Saturdays. As many of their boards are comprised of serving civil servants it's often the only day they are available. Saturday can be a busy day in PAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Anyone had the presentation with IGEES yet, for the AO role as a graduate economist? Have mine tomorrow, looking forward to it but apprehensive all the same as it is my first time doing an exercise like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Message with information booklet on the next stage just sent out.

Anyone able to advise on what the average age at the interviews next week will be?

I'm in my mid thirties. I've done well in previous PS competitions at more senior levels but never gotten it over the line. If I was successful in getting through this AO competition I would be taking a serious pay cut in exchange for a job with career progression (which I think is worth it).

Will my age factor against me?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

quad_red wrote: »
    Message with information booklet on the next stage just sent out.

Anyone able to advise on what the average age at the interviews next week will be?

I'm in my mid thirties.
    Will my age factor against me?

Not in the slightest, plenty of AO's start in their thirties. The extra few years of experience is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

I got called for the next stage too which I see is on the 2nd and the 9th. Do candidates go to one or both and if its only one can you specify which one.
    Thanks.

I got invited to the 9th of December assessment but the 2nd would suit me much better. Does anyone have experience of them accommodating a switch to a different date?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vicrox

Anyone had the presentation with IGEES yet, for the AO role as a graduate economist? Have mine tomorrow, looking forward to it but apprehensive all the same as it is my first time doing an exercise like it.

Good luck with the test, wishing you all the best. I have mine tomorrow. I'd appreciate your tips and advice on what to expect.

vicrox wrote: »
    Good luck with the test, wishing you all the best. I have mine tomorrow. I'd appreciate your tips and advice on what to expect.
    Absolutely, sitting here now about to go in!

Absolutely, sitting here now about to go in!

You'll do great!!

Hi,

With respect to the Local Government centres on 2nd or 9th December, has anyone received an indication yet if it's just a supervised online retest or the actual interview itself?

I applied for both campaigns and, so far, I know that my Civil Service reverification will cover my Local Government reverification. No interview date communicated yet for Local Government.

Just wanted to know if 2nd/9th December had been elaborated upon yet.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24 in rainbows

Hi,

With respect to the Local Government centres on 2nd or 9th December, has anyone received an indication yet if it's just a supervised online retest or the actual interview itself?

I applied for both campaigns and, so far, I know that my Civil Service reverification will cover my Local Government reverification. No interview date communicated yet for Local Government.

Just wanted to know if 2nd/9th December had been elaborated upon yet.

Cheers

December 2nd & 9th is the supervised verification only.

• Advertisement

vicrox wrote: »
    You'll do great!!

Let me know if you got my PM, sent it a few times but isn't showing!

Let me know if you got my PM, sent it a few times but isn't showing!

I've got your PM. Thank you so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 2not4get

Sorry if this has already been answered.

I applied to both Local Government and Civil Service.

I got results and invited to Civil Service next state, which I know covers the verification for Local Government.

Have decided to pull out of the Civil Service competition but have notified Local Government and now have verification on the 9th of Dec.

How do I know my placing in the Local Government competition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

2not4get wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been answered.

I applied to both Local Government and Civil Service.

I got results and invited to Civil Service next state, which I know covers the verification for Local Government.

Have decided to pull out of the Civil Service competition but have notified Local Government and now have verification on the 9th of Dec.

How do I know my placing in the Local Government competition ?

You would have gotten a message on your publicjobs account.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Why was there no Section B on the Application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Has anyone here gone through the AO competition process before? Or is currently working as an AO? I have a few questions I'd love or to run past someone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• References from previous employers listed on your application form to cover the last three years plus photocopies. Please do not include reference from your current employer.

What happens if you've been with your current employer for longer than this?

Secondly - the numerical, verbal etc tests being done on Wednesday. After they to confirm your initial tests (verifying it was you) and that's it?

Or do they form part of the marking process for your performance on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Has anyone here gone through the AO competition process before? Or is currently working as an AO? I have a few questions I'd love or to run past someone! :)

Yeah go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishguy2017

anyone have an interview today? how did they get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 foggyflies

Go on PM away.

Advertisement