Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lynneee19

dodi1973 wrote: »
    Lynneee I only sent mine back last tuesday the goodness seems to be gone out of it at this stage :(

It's just been a very long slog! I agree that the good is almost gone out of it.
    I thought I'd be started by July. Silly me lol!

Your references might be done quicker (one of mine is on holiday) and you might hear from someone soon with a start date etc...

And then we can all laugh at how mental this whole process was...while taking a big gulp of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

It sure has been along wait be easier to get into fort knox :) I see a previous reply saying he reckons be oct.

It sure has been along wait be easier to get into fort knox :) I see a previous reply saying he reckons be oct.

Hahaha! I think you might be right. Then we wouldn't need this job ;-)
    Oh god, really? I hope he is wrong.
    I honestly hope we're not still waiting in October. 9/10 months to start a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amsat

Anyone have any info on HQ in Phoenix Park?? What it’s like etc

Did my interview in February, got paper work for reference last week fingers crossed cot won’t twke much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Amsat wrote: »
    Anyone have any info on HQ in Phoenix Park?? What it’s like etc

Did my interview in February, got paper work for reference last week fingers crossed cot won’t twke much longer.

I don't work there but i know a few that do they said its grand plenty of parking nice place parking wise you need to get there early tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

Ah ok did reference check take long?

I’m also in the dark with regards to references. Haven’t heard a thing so I doubt they’ve even contacted anyone as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amsat

Took me from feb to now to get my place. A long six months.
    Sent back paper work for references two weeks ago and got a call today :)

Amsat wrote: »
    Took me from feb to now to get my place. A long six months.
    Sent back paper work for references two weeks ago and got a call today :)

Excellent! Well done to you and best of luck in the new position 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Week 22, still on strand 2, absolute joke haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conspiracy31

After being patient since Feb for AGS, finally got my offer yesterday and had to turn it down �� it was totally impractical for my current circumstances and they literally couldn't care less.... And he was only giving me until tomorrow morning to decide after I've waited months ��

Best of luck to everyone ��

• Advertisement

After being patient since Feb for AGS, finally got my offer yesterday and had to turn it down �� it was totally impractical for my current circumstances and they literally couldn't care less.... And he was only giving me until tomorrow morning to decide after I've waited months ��

You know, I’m really not surprised at all to hear that they couldn’t care less about your current circumstances, my exact thoughts were that you’ve had to ponder for so long but you’re expected to jump when they say jump, the best of luck to you too and hopefully you find something better

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking where you got offered? I'm waiting on my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    You know, I’m really not surprised at all to hear that they couldn’t care less about your current circumstances, my exact thoughts were that you’ve had to ponder for so long but you’re expected to jump when they say jump, the best of luck to you too and hopefully you find something better
    They’re offering you a job. You work for them, not the other way around.

Have heard of candidates being offered customs on the day of their interviews.

Addle wrote: »
    They’re offering you a job. You work for them, not the other way around.

Have heard of candidates being offered customs on the day of their interviews.

I actually don’t work for them and probably never will with how backward in time their recruitment setup is haha, you’ve missed my point, time limits have been exceeded and people have been more than patient, that previous poster like many may have moved on in life to other opportunities because lets face it, the civil service only come looking for your file when it suits them with a “take it or leave it” attitude. Yes people get offered a particular job on the day of their interview just like I personally was but it’s the flip side of the coin of when do these people actually start in a job? Will they actually ever be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Called, prove themselves, do their time and then apply for mobility to their ideal location down the line.

No shortage of applicants for public service jobs. Applicants are just a number to PAS.
    No one is special and no one is entitled to special treatment, no matter how long they’re involved in the recruitment process.

Addle wrote: »
    Called, prove themselves, do their time and then apply for mobility to their ideal location down the line.

No shortage of applicants for public service jobs. Applicants are just a number to PAS.
    No one is special and no one is entitled to special treatment, no matter how long they’re involved in the recruitment process.

Called?? And that right there is exactly the problem and mentality in this day and age to still be going on within these places, people have lives to live, not time to waste passing up other opportunities with a false hope of another

Anyone get any further in the process?

Sorry to say that I haven't.
    From your post I presume you haven't either?

lynneee19 wrote: »
    Sorry to say that I haven't.
    From your post I presume you haven't either?

Nope haven't heard anything :(

Nope nothing. :(

• Advertisement

Nope haven't heard anything :(

:-(

KDBkev123 wrote: »
    Nope nothing. :(

☹️

It’s a joke at this stage. It better be worth the wait. Does anyone mind me asking their age btw? I’m very young only 19 and couldn’t believe when they accepted me for a position, at interview stage in March. I’m in retail atm and I think the only thing keeping me sane is the fact I know I’ll have this job as a full career. I was youngest at interview by at least 10 years, I thought I had no chance!��

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

It’s a joke at this stage. It better be worth the wait. Does anyone mind me asking their age btw? I’m very young only 19 and couldn’t believe when they accepted me for a position, at interview stage in March. I’m in retail atm and I think the only thing keeping me sane is the fact I know I’ll have this job as a full career. I was youngest at interview by at least 10 years, I thought I had no chance!��

Hopefully you won’t be waiting too much longer. I was going insane in my current job but waiting for this to come up kept me sane and I got a call this week.
    It will be worth the wait, exactly because you’re young. You’ve loads of time to work your way up. My brother was 19 when he started in the civil service and at first he wasn’t sure he did the right thing. But when he started moving up and seeing his wages go up he knew he had. Also because you’re joining so young you’ll be able to retire younger too! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

With progression and the pension and the fact that the civil service strongly encourages continuing education you've a very nice career path in front of you if you want it. Well done most co's would be significantly older in my experience.

Anyone hear anything this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conspiracy31

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking where you got offered? I'm waiting on my location.

I was offered Bridewell, seemingly there's only city centre and south side locations and I'm north county Dublin :/

The thing is, if I had have been told after the interview that they were the only locations, I wouldn't have gone through with the rest of the process. Or if the original advertisement said it I wouldn't have applied!

I did stay in a job I hated and didn't apply for other great opportunities so yes I think their system is backwards! I literally lost a year waiting for a job I wouldn't have even considered applying for ...

So after much chasing around, my vetting has finally been completed. Now I wait for the call for references I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    So after much chasing around, my vetting has finally been completed. Now I wait for the call for references I guess.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Nihiyminoy wrote:

Finally. Congratulations

Advertisement