Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

It was a long wait for the vetting alone but I have a dilemma, I’m looking for somebody in the know to answer these questions. So basically I have been offered another job but even if I take it up I will take the civil service if it does eventually come around, so,
    1. If I take the job on offer, does it have any affect on my current campaign with the civil service as in do I have to notify the civil service that my job has changed since they interviewed me so they’ll want a new reference?
    2. I only found out that my vetting was done from me making contact with them, not contacting me so although they are on to the reference part, they have not asked for them yet, so how long could it be or was it (in your personal circumstances) before they will ask for references, check them, and assign me a location.
    Lots of jumbo there but rushed given I have until tomorrow to decide to take up this new job or remain in the one I hate not knowing for how much longer. Any replies are much appreciated haha

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Once my vetting was done I got a call within a couple of days asking if they could contact my references. That took a couple of days and then I was assigned to my department. They contacted me then to figure out start date. All in all it took about a week

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Once my vetting was done I got a call within a couple of days asking if they could contact my references. That took a couple of days and then I was assigned to my department. They contacted me then to figure out start date. All in all it took about a week

Hmm, if anybody else’s experience is the same sort of time frame as yours then I’ll take it as the standard and I know my decision, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Hmm, if anybody else’s experience is the same sort of time frame as yours then I’ll take it as the standard and I know my decision, thanks

Vetting done 14th August not a word since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Phone PAS and explain the situation, leaving out the bit about hating the current job obviously, and see if they can give you a time frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

dodi1973 wrote: »
    Vetting done 14th August not a word since

Have you contacted them to see what the delay is?

Phone PAS and explain the situation, leaving out the bit about hating the current job obviously, and see if they can give you a time frame.

So I rang PAS and they said that on their file it says that I’ve been assigned and that it’s nothing to do with them anymore, that it’s now up to Garda HR to make the next steps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So I rang PAS and they said that on their file it says that I’ve been assigned and that it’s nothing to do with them anymore, that it’s now up to Garda HR to make the next steps

Remind me have garda hr made contact?

Remind me have garda hr made contact?

No, I’ve made contact with them, it’s moved onto the Garda recruitment section now which is good, but I decided to stay in my bad job for the time being until they call.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

When my Garda vetting was done, it then took a week for PAS to check my references etc.

Then after that, Garda HR called me the next day.

I'm quite sure once you've passed this vetting , you do have a position. hopefully it won't be a long wait

• Advertisement

I’m just hoping that because of Brexit and that, that somebody is snapping their fingers up high somewhere to put more Garda back to frontline policing so we’re assigned to their admin work so it could be relatively soon maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lena1602

I’m just hoping that because of Brexit and that, that somebody is snapping their fingers up high somewhere to put more Garda back to frontline policing so we’re assigned to their admin work so it could be relatively soon maybe

I'm actually in the same position...had my vetting done by the end of August, immediately sent my reference form and am yet waiting for a call/mail. It's been 5 weeks since I sent them all relevant documents and I just want to know where and when I'll start...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one tho

lena1602 wrote: »
    I'm actually in the same position...had my vetting done by the end of August, immediately sent my reference form and am yet waiting for a call/mail. It's been 5 weeks since I sent them all relevant documents and I just want to know where and when I'll start...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one tho

Wait so the next thing for me is sending a reference form? I thought it was a call? I thought that PAS send your information and application that you originally submitted for the job to Garda HR with your references on them ready to be contacted, I didn’t know we have to send them again??

Ya i am in the same boat as lena1602

Any updates folks?

Got emailed today the reference forms to return and that so hopefully not too long now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Got emailed today the reference forms to return and that so hopefully not too long now haha

So I got an email yesterday as well but mine said that I had passed the vetting and the reference forms will follow yesterday or today which they haven't yet. Is that the same as you or did you get this email before ? And how long did you wait from the email confirming you passed the vetting to when you got the forms ?
    Thanks

Jsman11 wrote: »
    So I got an email yesterday as well but mine said that I had passed the vetting and the reference forms will follow yesterday or today which they haven't yet. Is that the same as you or did you get this email before ? And how long did you wait from the email confirming you passed the vetting to when you got the forms ?
    Thanks

Exact same email and given the time that it is now, I don’t see them being sent through today but then again I’ve been surprised before but maybe it’s a last minute mass sent email.

Oh, never mind, just in now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Oh, never mind, just in now haha

Yeah same they love leaving it late 😂

• Advertisement

Jsman11 wrote: »
    Yeah same they love leaving it late 😂

They certainly do but I’d rather it late than never to be honest, besides, I know everybody’s circumstances are different but it is the last piece of the process so it couldn’t be much longer anyway

Got them forms in august still waiting :):)

Got them forms in august still waiting :):)

But have they even contacted your references? Surely we must all be in the same last batch or something

Not a clue filled out forms sent back and heard nothing

Not a clue filled out forms sent back and heard nothing

Stupid question but have you contacted them and if so what was their reply?

It says not to contact questions will be answered after reference contact

It says not to contact questions will be answered after reference contact

If I was waiting two months alone for a reference check like you are, the same way I waited 7 months to be vetted, then I’d have no problem querying it with them.

If I was waiting two months alone for a reference check like you are, the same way I waited 7 months to be vetted, then I’d have no problem querying it with them.

Waited that long for the vetting as well plus not the only person waiting on the reference check since August

Waited that long for the vetting as well plus not the only person waiting on the reference check since August

Ah so we’re definitely in the same boat then in terms of vetting times lining up, it can’t go on much longer and I doubt it will go into next year either, just trying to be hopeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lena1602

I just received a call from HR. :D They wanted to double check if they could contact my references. That should happen in the next couple of days and then I'll be assigned. :)

So they didn't forget about us. ;)

Advertisement