Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Did you get an email to say strand 2 is complete nihiyminoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

dodi1973 wrote: »
    Did you get an email to say strand 2 is complete nihiyminoy?

No, I rang PAS to see what the story was and they told me to email them so I did and surprisingly they didn’t return the usual template that they send. They told me that they have returns on 2 strands so I’m on strand 3, 4+ weeks ago I was only on strand 2 so it’s definitely something anyway I guess, how about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

20 weeks now. I expected it to be long but like 5 months? i haven't lived abroad or any other address!

I'd really love to know what causes these delays. atleast 8 weeks waiting on the 3rd strand to complete.

MozMael wrote: »
    20 weeks now. I expected it to be long but like 5 months? i haven't lived abroad or any other address!

I'd really love to know what causes these delays. atleast 8 weeks waiting on the 3rd strand to complete.

Yeah the waiting times are ridiculous, exact same as myself. This week will mark week 12 since I started the AGS vetting. I guess the impatience is worse when your current job is really bad too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Wow, that is such a long time to be waiting. Hope it's not too much longer

• Advertisement

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Wow, that is such a long time to be waiting. Hope it's not too much longer

How long were you waiting?

Good news...

I emailed them again on Tuesday (have been so impatient because my plan was to find a new job months ago, as my work is quite stressful and i work long hours) . So they emailed this morning to say it had been completed ! Such a relief. Waiting for PAS to contact me now.

I knew there would be no problem with the vetting, but you always have your doubts, because you don't know specifically what they check. And because it was going on so long.

So let's hope it's not another 20 weeks until i start (although i'm preparing myself for that!)

Hopefully not much longer for the rest of you guys. Sending you all my positivity !

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Great news, at least now there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    I got a message on public jobs with the department i was assigned and the HR contacted me about 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lynneee19

Hi there,

Really good information here. Thanks. I too am awaiting to be assigned to AGS.

Much like a lot of people here I am awaiting the vetting process to be completed. The 1st step of the vetting was disclosed on 24th April and a reply email on 27th May from AGS HR told me that strand 3 could ”take some time."

Has any one started that was vetted at the same time as me?
    Kinda losing hope here but I can see from previous posts that it's a lengthy process!

Thank you.

lynneee19 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Much like a lot of people here I am awaiting the vetting process to be completed. The 1st step of the vetting was disclosed on 24th April and a reply email on 27th May from AGS HR told me that strand 3 could ”take some time."

Kinda losing hope here but I can see from previous posts that it's a lengthy process!

Thank you.

The only advice I can can give you is to prepare for a long wait . Don’t expect it quickly but honestly you never know. People who started their application later than me got their vetting back before me .

I was the same , you just think it’s never going to happen. But across every competition when it comes to Garda vetting, everyone is experiencing the same problems.

I would say it’s no harm to check in with the HR office every 4/5 weeks . I reckon you should mentally prepare to be waiting until the end of August / Septemeber. But you could get a surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

lynneee19 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thank you.

20 weeks is not uncommon according to the EO thread. That said I think there is some shenanigans going on with them, there doesn't seem to be an urgent need for them. CO's on the other hand and always in demand especially to back fill CO's promoted to EO.

If you plan on 20 weeks from 24th April you hopefully won't be disappointed.

20 weeks is not uncommon according to the EO thread. That said I think there is some shenanigans going on with them, there doesn't seem to be an urgent need for them. CO's on the other hand and always in demand especially to back fill CO's promoted to EO.

If you plan on 20 weeks from 24th April you hopefully won't be disappointed.

Thanks very much for the reply.
    Here's to maybe 20 weeks 😉

The only advice I can can give you is to prepare for a long wait . Don’t expect it quickly but honestly you never know. People who started their application later than me got their vetting back before me .

I was the same , you just think it’s never going to happen. But across every competition when it comes to Garda vetting, everyone is experiencing the same problems.

I would say it’s no harm to check in with the HR office every 4/5 weeks . I reckon you should mentally prepare to be waiting until the end of August / Septemeber. But you could get a surprise

I started having doubts that I will actually start but what you've said helps with those!
    Thanks very much. Lots of helpful info. I'm hoping for a surprise 😀 but I think you're right in mentally preparing for September.
    And sure no harm getting back in touch with HR for an update.

Thanks again.

Still heard nothing from PAS . They said they would contact me early this week.

Trying to stay patient!

Still heard nothing from PAS . They said they would contact me early this week.

Trying to stay patient!

Sorry to hear that you haven't had any contact from PAS.
    Here's hoping for this week for you!

clearance done now and references checked. so hopefully not too long until i have an idea when i will start.

wish you guys all the best of luck!

Well, tomorrow marks the start of week 18 of vetting into 5 months with no word, is it safe to say that I should just look for something else? Haha

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Well, tomorrow marks the start of week 18 of vetting into 5 months with no word, is it safe to say that I should just look for something else? Haha

Took me 20 weeks . After that, once PAS contacted me , everything happened quite quickly and I got assigned / starting date.

I don’t know if you need to give notice to an employer but I had to give one month so that’s why I haven’t started yet.

Hold on anyway . But also no harm to contact the HR for an update

Took me 20 weeks . After that, once PAS contacted me , everything happened quite quickly and I got assigned / starting date.

I don’t know if you need to give notice to an employer but I had to give one month so that’s why I haven’t started yet.

Hold on anyway . But also no harm to contact the HR for an update

Is the starting date far out? I do have too but only a week, I’m just finding it hard to hang on as my current job is absolutely dreadful so I need to go haha, oh believe me I do, I frequently email and ring Garda HR but I’m not pointing the finger at anybody, I just want it to happen is all haha

Is the starting date far out? I do have too but only a week, I’m just finding it hard to hang on as my current job is absolutely dreadful so I need to go haha, oh believe me I do, I frequently email and ring Garda HR but I’m not pointing the finger at anybody, I just want it to happen is all haha

I’m starting in 2 weeks. I probably could have been started already if it was not for my notice period.

It’s really frustrating I know but I think sometime in September to start would not be unrealistic

• Advertisement

I’m starting in 2 weeks. I probably could have been started already if it was not for my notice period.

It’s really frustrating I know but I think sometime in September to start would not be unrealistic

That’s brilliant, yeah I get you so in my circumstances it should be even quicker given my short notice period. Oh it really is when you want it so bad, here’s to hoping but if week 20 passes without a word then I just have to try something else.

No, they're changing certain aspects of vetting which should sort some of this our. Hold on in there if you can.

No, they're changing certain aspects of vetting which should sort some of this our. Hold on in there if you can.

My vetting will be done again they change it, hopefully future applicants aren’t waiting this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 King Leer

Where is everybody placed on the panel? I was told that I'm 103 - does anyone have any idea how long it might take to fill all those positions before it gets down that far? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

Hi there, great info on this thread for keeping up to date with things. I’m a new user here but just made an account to interact for once. I was taken on by the Garda after interview in March and now await the vetting process to be finalised. Think I’m in the same boat as others. It’s killing me waiting this long.

My vetting will be done again they change it, hopefully future applicants aren’t waiting this long.

Sorry I didn't quite catch your meaning but just in case, no it won't have to be done again.

King Leer wrote: »
    Where is everybody placed on the panel? I was told that I'm 103 - does anyone have any idea how long it might take to fill all those positions before it gets down that far? :eek:

I don’t even know where I am haha

KDBkev123 wrote: »
    Hi there, great info on this thread for keeping up to date with things. I’m a new user here but just made an account to interact for once. I was taken on by the Garda after interview in March and now await the vetting process to be finalised. Think I’m in the same boat as others. It’s killing me waiting this long.

Also done my interview in March so you’re definitely in my batch I’d reckon, absolutely, March feels like forever ago at this stage, just keep hounding the HR otherwise we’re not going to get anywhere.

Sorry I didn't quite catch your meaning but just in case, no it won't have to be done again.

No I didn’t mean have to be done again, I meant as in again they establish a new practice of the way vetting is undertaken and completed, we will already have had our vetting completed as we’re long enough into it at this stage but for future applicants I sincerely hope that things change as the way vetting is done now is simply just not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

I emailed Garda HR on Wednesday evening and they responded first thing Thursday morning and told me I should expect to hear from them in the next few weeks. Do they just say this to everyone or are we actually finally going to be appointed?
    Also, it’s probably been asked before and I assume it is... but Garda clerical officer is Monday-Friday right?

Advertisement