Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

KDBkev123 wrote: »
    I emailed Garda HR on Wednesday evening and they responded first thing Thursday morning and told me I should expect to hear from them in the next few weeks. Do they just say this to everyone or are we actually finally going to be appointed?
    Also, it’s probably been asked before and I assume it is... but Garda clerical officer is Monday-Friday right?

Yeah they just send the same copy and paste template to everybody for the most part and if you further query them via email they simply will not entertain you haha. On the hand other I must say that anytime I have called the Garda HR, the person on the other side has been very informative and didn’t go behind the curtain at all about where I was at and what was next and what not so you may be better off giving them a call. Yes it is indeed Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Also, it’s probably been asked before and I assume it is... but Garda clerical officer is Monday-Friday right?

Some are on flexi some are on fixed shifts. Very occationally you might get asked to come in to do overtime depending on where you are and if they have something on.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

Do you have to take a 36min lunch if you must do a 7hr 24m shift? - can you start at 9.10am - finish at 4.50p and take a 15m - 20m lunch? .. then do one long day once a week say 9 to 7?

CMR23 wrote: »
    Do you have to take a 36min lunch if you must do a 7hr 24m shift? - can you start at 9.10am - finish at 4.50p and take a 15m - 20m lunch? .. then do one long day once a week say 9 to 7?

Minimum is a 30 minute lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Augme

Yes, you will be allocated a 30 minute lunch no matter. I am not sure he won't works across all departments but where I've worked you can work short days if you want, just as long as your clock balances as required at the end of the month so you can I've been able to work from 10-4 if I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

So while we are on Flexi time question, how is your total calculated?

The info mentioned 43hr 15min of attendance a week which is inclusive of breaks so its 6.25 for lunch and 37 for work.

So do I have to take a hour and 15 minutes of lunch a day and do my number at the end of the week have to sequel 43h 15m no matter what?

Thats a lot of time on lunch per day. I would rather have a 45 minute lunch and leave 30 mins earlier or arrive 30 mins later.

So while we are on Flexi time question, how is your total calculated?

The info mentioned 43hr 15min of attendance a week which is inclusive of breaks so its 6.25 for lunch and 37 for work.

So do I have to take a hour and 15 minutes of lunch a day and do my number at the end of the week have to sequel 43h 15m no matter what?

Thats a lot of time on lunch per day. I would rather have a 45 minute lunch and leave 30 mins earlier or arrive 30 mins later.

Don't worry too much a out the 43hr 15 mins. Basically you'll work 7.24 per day (excluding lunch). So 7:54 per day with lunch. No matter what you do for lunch a minimum of 30 minutes will be taken off. Obviously if you got on lunch for longer the tine will be taken off.

Then you also get an additional break which is included in the 43hr 15 mins. Normally it's either a break in the morning or the time is split and given as a one break in the morning and one in the afternoon.

If you are on flexi you'll never be asked to take an hour and 15 for lunch.

Sorry if I am just not making sense of it ... on flexi time - can i come in at 9.10 every day and leave 8 hours later and that is my time fulfilled? As my 30m lunch break is standard... the of course work longer if possible to work up the additional time per period to get a day off in the 4 week period?

Or will you need to work 9 to 530 every day - 8 hour work plus 30m lunch ?

Sorry if I am just not making sense of it ... on flexi time - can i come in at 9.10 every day and leave 8 hours later and that is my time fulfilled? As my 30m lunch break is standard... the of course work longer if possible to work up the additional time per period to get a day off in the 4 week period?

Or will you need to work 9 to 530 every day - 8 hour work plus 30m lunch ?

The first example is correct. If you start at 9:10 and take the minimum 30 minute lunch then you can leave at 5:10 for a full days work. Technically you can leave at 5:04 as the working hours are 7hr 54 minutes when the 30 minute break is taken.

Anything worked over that goes towards your flexi time. So if you started at 9:10 and worked until 6pm youd have 56 minutes of flexi worked up.

Augme wrote: »
    The first example is correct. If you start at 9:10 and take the minimum 30 minute lunch then you can leave at 5:10 for a full days work. Technically you can leave at 5:04 as the working hours are 7hr 54 minutes when the 30 minute break is taken.

Anything worked over that goes towards your flexi time. So if you started at 9:10 and worked until 6pm youd have 56 minutes of flexi worked up.

Thank you very much for clarifying!!

• Advertisement

Anyone in or going to the department of education? Whats the dress code? Flexi time? General overview?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

I received email today saying my vetting has been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lynneee19

dodi1973 wrote: »
    I received email today saying my vetting has been completed.

Great stuff!
    Me too. Exciting times. Here's to the next part being quick and straight forward ðŸ˜

Thanks ya hopefully been along 19 weeks

Thanks ya hopefully been along 19 weeks

Also on week 19, you guys must have been in my batch too, hoping to hear soon.

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Also on week 19, you guys must have been in my batch too, hoping to hear soon.

Not sure what batch was in hopefully you not waiting for much longer.

Not sure what batch was in hopefully you not waiting for much longer.

Hopefully, I sent mine in early April.

Still nothing folks haha

Still nothing folks haha

Was really hoping it was good news from you. Have you contacted PAS?

Was really hoping it was good news from you. Have you contacted PAS?

Thanks man, I have yeah but they just redirect me to Garda HR as they say it’s nothing to do with them which is fair enough but even Garda HR still say that only 2 strands have been returned. Is strand 3 really that difficult to get back? Haha

• Advertisement

Thanks man, I have yeah but they just redirect me to Garda HR as they say it’s nothing to do with them which is fair enough but even Garda HR still say that only 2 strands have been returned. Is strand 3 really that difficult to get back? Haha

I would emphasize how long you've been waiting when emailing Garda HR. Might be worth trying to find a phone number for them.

I would emphasize how long you've been waiting when emailing Garda HR. Might be worth trying to find a phone number for them.

I already did two weeks ago and they claimed that I wasn’t waiting the amount of weeks that I thought I was that it was actually x amount i.e. my file was left untouched for nearly two months which was disappointing to hear. I have their phone number, I email once a week and ring once every four weeks, at a loss end haha.

Morning all,

I am wondering about references that AGS are looking for. Would anyone know if they send out forms by post to my references to fill out or do they call them?

Thank you.

lynneee19 wrote: »
    Morning all,

I am wondering about references that AGS are looking for. Would anyone know if they send out forms by post to my references to fill out or do they call them?

Thank you.

They call and only need employers going back 12 months.

They call and only need employers going back 12 months.

Ah that's great! Thank you very much.

Anyone any feedback after reference check?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

Anyone any feedback after reference check?

Nope, zilch. I’ve accepted it’ll be October at the earliest before I get appointed by AGS.

Nope, zilch. I’ve accepted it’ll be October at the earliest before I get appointed by AGS.

Ah ok did reference check take long?

Ah ok did reference check take long?

I was wondering the same myself as I know you got the email about vetting on the same day as me.

I haven't heard back about yet with regards to the references I sent them almost 2 weeks ago.

I feel like a parrot but hoping we're all not too much longer...

• Advertisement

Lynneee I only sent mine back last tuesday the goodness seems to be gone out of it at this stage :(

Advertisement