Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Move on, that's why (and this will really p!ss you off :pac:) they've changed the process now.

Ah in fairness it is great for weeding out people that aren’t that determined haha

Mulligan11 wrote: »
    I still have not started, got my assignment last week and am now waiting for them to get in touch.

Happy days man, hope you left your current job and all if it was a bad one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Many move on or many wait?

Move on, that's why (and this will really p!ss you off :pac:) they've changed the process now.

I really do wonder if that’s a permanent change. They have done it for the Dublin area, but every other county has to do supervised tests and then interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

Happy days man, hope you left your current job and all if it was a bad one haha

I’m actually going back after 19 years at home raising my kids! Actually the longer it took, the better! I’m terrified now, what if I can’t learn anything new?? :))

I’m actually going back after 19 years at home raising my kids! Actually the longer it took, the better! I’m terrified now, what if I can’t learn anything new?? :))

Ah there’s always plenty of new things to learn along the way, well done though :)

• Advertisement

I had a job offer pulled yesterday and they offered me a different one today, much better location for me too. If you’re still waiting, hang in there, you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I had a job offer pulled yesterday and they offered me a different one today, much better location for me too. If you’re still waiting, hang in there, you never know!

That's great. What department are you going to?
    It's odd that they are placing people from the 2019 campaign while people are still waiting here.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    That's great. What department are you going to?
    It's odd that they are placing people from the 2019 campaign while people are still waiting here.

Are they placing new people already? Mind you, I was batch 1.6, can’t believe how long it’s taken. I’m going to the office of procurement, looking forward to it!

Yes, i believe people were interviewed last Saturday and if successful they received an offer on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

dub70 wrote: »
    10 months from submitting ags vetting and got a call yesterday to offer me Harcourt Street. Such a long process. Anyone in Harcourt already that can tell me what it is like?

Im there and i absolutely love it every day is different people are so sound :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

KatieD88 wrote: »
    Im there and i absolutely love it every day is different people are so sound :)

That's good to hear!

I hope i get assigned there. The longer I wait, I'm afraid i'll be just given a random Garda station way outside the city.

Hoping my vetting will come back soon. I'm on to 16/17 weeks waiting now. They said last month that hopefully it would be completed "shortly" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

MozMael wrote: »
    That's good to hear!

I hope i get assigned there. The longer I wait, I'm afraid i'll be just given a random Garda station way outside the city.

Hoping my vetting will come back soon. I'm on to 16/17 weeks waiting now. They said last month that hopefully it would be completed "shortly" :rolleyes:

Oh id much rather work where i am that a Garda station i was waiting 14 weeks so ya shouldn't be much longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Just wondering, for anyone who has been/is going through the advanced clearance for AGS, what does it entail after the initial Garda vetting?

Just might be something of interest to anyone still waiting (including myself), but I called PAS late last week and I was told that the 2017 panel has been scrapped due to the new one being opened but provided you have done an interview and are waiting on vetting then your place is safe, they looked me up and told me that I would be asked for my references at the end of 2-3 weeks or no later than the end of June so here’s to hoping that it happens for whoever else is still waiting here too.

Just might be something of interest to anyone still waiting (including myself), but I called PAS late last week and I was told that the 2017 panel has been scrapped due to the new one being opened but provided you have done an interview and are waiting on vetting then your place is safe, they looked me up and told me that I would be asked for my references at the end of 2-3 weeks or no later than the end of June so here’s to hoping that it happens for whoever else is still waiting here too.

Hopefully there was no one left on this one still to interview, would be awful after all this time:(

Fingers crossed you hear soon enough

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Hopefully there was no one left on this one still to interview, would be awful after all this time:(

Fingers crossed you hear soon enough

Exactly because they wouldn’t even know and neither would I unless they called up, some people put things on hold but aren’t informed only to realise that due to no fault of their own that the position isn’t actually there anymore. But I’ll try not to complain haha, but hopefully everyone done an interview.

Exactly because they wouldn’t even know and neither would I unless they called up, some people put things on hold but aren’t informed only to realise that due to no fault of their own that the position isn’t actually there anymore. But I’ll try not to complain haha, but hopefully everyone done an interview.

Good news for you at last! I’m starting 01/07, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Hi I have done interview but just checked my gvb and i see an update on it saying download expired a disclosre was done on the 24th april?

dodi1973 wrote: »
    Hi I have done interview but just checked my gvb and i see an update on it saying download expired a disclosre was done on the 24th april?

Mine is the exact same

Ah ok hopefully they have got what they needed and it's a phone call for the reference soon thanks.

• Advertisement

Ah ok hopefully they have got what they needed and it's a phone call for the reference soon thanks.

Yeah hopefully but I’d imagine that you and I could be in the same batch if them dates match like that haha

Have you been assigned to the Guards?

As far as I’m aware, normal vetting takes maybe a week and that is this part where you get “disclosure viewed “. This is sufficient for anyone assigned to other areas of public service .

But if it’s the Guards there is two more strands to go. So basically that disclosure viewed is only a part of an “intensive” vetting .

I’m on my final strand now but have been waiting almost 16 weeks . Unfortunately it seems kind of the norm.

Ya it's for the guards mozmael I was just checking my gvb and download expired is on it now was that on urs?

Ya it's for the guards mozmael I was just checking my gvb and download expired is on it now was that on urs?

Yeah mine has expired . I think that’s the same for everyone. It’s just the general vetting .

Emailed PAS a week ago about any information, and I emailed again yesterday and they still haven’t replied.

I’m lucky that I’m already in employment and I’m thankful for that. But I have been ignoring other potential jobs for the last 4 months . Please hurry up 🌹

Well, tomorrow’s the start of another new week, here’s to hoping haha

Okay so I’ve been updated that 2 strands have been returned, any idea how long strand 3 can take?

Okay so I’ve been updated that 2 strands have been returned, any idea how long strand 3 can take?

I got that update at end of April.... and at end of May. Both times they said they expected it to be completed shortly, so I’m assuming the 3rd strand in theory, is probably the shortest one ?

But I don’t think anyone really seems to know.

However I’ve read a lot of people seem to be at this stage, so it might a case that a lot of people will be approved in around the same time as one another .

But it’s all guesswork.

I’m going to accept probably not starting until the start of October (if my clearance comes through that is) . I don’t think the Guard HR ever seems to be in a particular rush

I got that update at end of April.... and at end of May. Both times they said they expected it to be completed shortly, so I’m assuming the 3rd strand in theory, is probably the shortest one ?

However I’ve read a lot of people seem to be at this stage, so it might a case that a lot of people will be approved in around the same time as one another .

But it’s all guesswork.

I’m going to accept probably not starting until the start of October (if my clearance comes through that is) . I don’t think the Guard HR ever seems to be in a particular rush

Approved as in together as a batch maybe? What’s in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

But it’s all guesswork.

What does strand 2 involve? Do they require further information from you? I'm still waiting on the first one to be completed.

• Advertisement

What does strand 2 involve? Do they require further information from you? I'm still waiting on the first one to be completed.

No idea!

I think the first strand (the quickest) is just a scan of your record and basic information.

But you don't need to provide anything more! :)

Advertisement