Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

lena1602 wrote: »
    I just received a call from HR. :D They wanted to double check if they could contact my references. That should happen in the next couple of days and then I'll be assigned. :)

So they didn't forget about us. ;)

Good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

lena1602 wrote: »
    I just received a call from HR. :D They wanted to double check if they could contact my references. That should happen in the next couple of days and then I'll be assigned. :)

So they didn't forget about us. ;)

Brilliant, great to hear they’re moving forward anyway, hopefully I’m next

Got a call from HR today to confirm with me that they could check my references, surprisingly they checked them straight after the call so now the wait is on for that start date and location, I wonder how long that takes after this part haha

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Got a call from HR today to confirm with me that they could check my references, surprisingly they checked them straight after the call so now the wait is on for that start date and location, I wonder how long that takes after this part haha

Brilliant news, at long last for you, I have been watching impatiently from the sidelines. Hope you get somewhere nice.

Mulligan11 wrote: »
    Brilliant news, at long last for you, I have been watching impatiently from the sidelines. Hope you get somewhere nice.

It’s been quite a journey haha, regardless of location, I’m prepared to travel anyway regardless so there’s not an offer I won’t take so hopefully maybe within days do you reckon?

• Advertisement

It’s been quite a journey haha, regardless of location, I’m prepared to travel anyway regardless so there’s not an offer I won’t take so hopefully maybe within days do you reckon?

I’d say so, I got an offer in mid May, a few weeks after my reference check, that offer was pulled two weeks later, got another a week or so later and started on 1st July, I know a lot of places are under resourced so hopefully it won’t be too long.

I’d say so, I got an offer in mid May, a few weeks after my reference check, that offer was pulled two weeks later, got another a week or so later and started on 1st July, I know a lot of places are under resourced so hopefully it won’t be too long.

It could take a few weeks?? Oh not again haha, they pulled your offer?

It could take a few weeks?? Oh not again haha, they pulled your offer?

Yep but location wise I was much happier with the second, it worked out for the best.

Yep but location wise I was much happier with the second, it worked out for the best.

So you didn’t decline your first offer for a better? They retracted it? Because I’ll be accepting regardless of location

So you didn’t decline your first offer for a better? They retracted it? Because I’ll be accepting regardless of location

I accepted the first offer regardless, I don’t think I had a choice but as I say, it worked out grand.

• Advertisement

I accepted the first offer regardless, I don’t think I had a choice but as I say, it worked out grand.

Oh okay, I get you now, that’s good then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KDBkev123

Anyone heard/ know anything? They’ve contacted my current job so hopefully it’s all wrapped up pretty soon.

KDBkev123 wrote: »
    Anyone heard/ know anything? They’ve contacted my current job so hopefully it’s all wrapped up pretty soon.

Heard nothing and know nothing. They did that with mine some 10 odd days ago or so too but still nothing of a start date and location. Then again we have had a bank holiday week so I’m sure that’s slowed it down too. Beginning to worry if it will even be within this year.

Somebody that’s in the know please correct me if I’m wrong, but would I be right in assuming that people don’t start in the month of December? Some people have to work a month’s notice meaning they would have had to have already been contacted with a start date by now so with that being said, is our applications from 2017 even valid going into 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ADevaney

Seems our wait is over got an offer of a position today I am very happy with Start 18th

Got an offer today; very happy with it;
    Start 18th so it looks like our wait is finally over.....😁

ADevaney wrote: »
    Start 18th so it looks like our wait is finally over.....ðŸ˜

That’s fantastic to hear! Delighted for you, it’s about time, another free soul haha, the best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 macokako

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.
    Completed reference forms for AGS in August, got a call two weeks ago to say my references were not valid anymore as i haven't been in employment for the last two years (left job to stay at home with kids, applied for competition not long after)
    They asked for a character reference for the last two years which i provided but have heard nothing since ???

macokako wrote: »
    Completed reference forms for AGS in August, got a call two weeks ago to say my references were not valid anymore as i haven't been in employment for the last two years (left job to stay at home with kids, applied for competition not long after)
    They asked for a character reference for the last two years which i provided but have heard nothing since ???

None of us it seems have really heard anything since the references, I honestly feel like they’ll drag this into the new year

None of us it seems have really heard anything since the references, I honestly feel like they’ll drag this into the new year

but to say that my previous referees were not sufficient because I've been out of employment seems a bit bizarre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

ADevaney wrote: »
    Start 18th so it looks like our wait is finally over.....ðŸ˜

Congratulations! Just wondering was your offer city centre based?

I think it's just that they are only looking for a reference for the last year from everyone and the fact you haven't worked over that time they asked for a character reference. I wouldn't worry just yet. Have they contacted the character reference you gave?

If I was to guess it would be mid to late January before they start to offer the majority of us places. The timing seems to match up with Brexit with most of are reference being checked two weeks or so ago which would of had us ready for if it happened. Then they got another extension so we basically just have to wait. There will still be a few vacancies opening so they will still be hiring the odd person up until then. As I said it's just a guess but this is just what I'm telling myself so that I'm not panicking too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Have you made contact with HR in Navan?

Jsman11 wrote: »
    I think it's just that they are only looking for a reference for the last year from everyone and the fact you haven't worked over that time they asked for a character reference. I wouldn't worry just yet. Have they contacted the character reference you gave?

no they haven't been contacted yet

My post is a city suburb; got the call about week after references were checked....

Have you made contact with HR in Navan?

I did a number of times in relation to other stages of the process but not in terms of a start date and location because going off of other people’s experience on here, most said that after 2 weeks of our references being contacted that we would receive a start date and location but obviously it has gone over that amount of time. I’m going to give them another week to contact me and if they do not, then I am going to call them everyday relentlessly as if there had been a death in the family because all of us here that are waiting on the same thing have the same thing in common, and that is that we are all now compromised within our current jobs as because of the reference checks they know we are leaving so it’s a constant thing of being given the worst work and hours to do because “ah sure they’re leaving anyway” . So to sum up my little rant, if they think they can throw all our files into a pile for over the Christmas and just go and enjoy their time off while we’re all reliant on this single phone call, then they have another thing coming. This process will be entering its third year shortly so it needs to end, enough said.

I did a number of times in relation to other stages of the process but not in terms of a start date and location because going off of other people’s experience on here, most said that after 2 weeks of our references being contacted that we would receive a start date and location but obviously it has gone over that amount of time. I’m going to give them another week to contact me and if they do not, then I am going to call them everyday relentlessly as if there had been a death in the family because all of us here that are waiting on the same thing have the same thing in common, and that is that we are all now compromised within our current jobs as because of the reference checks they know we are leaving so it’s a constant thing of being given the worst work and hours to do because “ah sure they’re leaving anyway” . So to sum up my little rant, if they think they can throw all our files into a pile for over the Christmas and just go and enjoy their time off while we’re all reliant on this single phone call, then they have another thing coming. This process will be entering its
    third year shortly so it needs to end, enough said.

so do you think it will be the New Year before we hear anything?
    I've been offered work for December so just wondering whether or not to take it?
    i hear your frustration btw

so do you think it will be the New Year before we hear anything?
    I've been offered work for December so just wondering whether or not to take it?
    i hear your frustration btw

Honestly it’s all just speculation at this point but if you were to judge it based on the timing that it has taken to get this far in the process then yeah I think you’ll see Santa Claus himself quicker than you’ll actually see anybody in HR lift a phone. I think you should because you just can’t rely on these unpredictable people. It’s only four weeks of work anyway so it’s not like you’re properly committing. Extremely frustrated haha.

• Advertisement

Honestly it’s all just speculation at this point but if you were to judge it based on the timing that it has taken to get this far in the process then yeah I think you’ll see Santa Claus himself quicker than you’ll actually see anybody in HR lift a phone. I think you should because you just can’t rely on these unpredictable people. It’s only four weeks of work anyway so it’s not like you’re properly committing. Extremely frustrated haha.

🤣🤣 very frustrating

Advertisement