Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adam1990

Dalio wrote: »
    The vetting for ags takes a long time hang in there

I was previously in Australia and Canada so im assuming that's what could be taking so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Hi, quick query, my online vetting now says “disclosure viewed” and that a disclosure was made to PAS but I have not been contacted yet in relation to it so what exactly comes next for me? Is that the hard and long part over? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Can anybody tell me please, how long it was before receiving contract after speaking to department to accept offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Nihiyminoy wrote:
    Hi, quick query, my online vetting now says “disclosure viewed†and that a disclosure was made to PAS but I have not been contacted yet in relation to it so what exactly comes next for me? Is that the hard and long part over? Many thanks

You will be contacted for your referees and depending on how long that takes you should be officially offered a place in a week or so

After I got the email to say which department I was going to it was another week before I heard from HR in the department. They then sent the contract the next day

• Advertisement

rsl1976 wrote: »
    You will be contacted for your referees and depending on how long that takes you should be officially offered a place in a week or so

So they don’t just contact them off the information provided before the interview? They ask first? Would reference checks take long?

All in all roughly how long could it be before I get a start date? Sorry for all the questions but I’m eager to go haha

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Adam1990 wrote: »
    I was previously in Australia and Canada so im assuming that's what could be taking so long

Well i think probably though someone said on one of the boards they can be surprisingly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Hi, quick query, my online vetting now says “disclosure viewed” and that a disclosure was made to PAS but I have not been contacted yet in relation to it so what exactly comes next for me? Is that the hard and long part over? Many thanks

That's strand one (IIRC) you've stands two and three to go. If you contact AGS HR in Navan they'll give you a standard response that will at least tell you where you are in the process.

I got placed in AGS, my vetting process started end of November and still have not heard anything is this normal?

That's a little on the long side, have you contacted AGS HR in Navan?

No they ask you if it's ok to go ahead and contact your referees. The speed of this depends on the referees, my previous employer does not give personal references only statement of employment but I was able to get a senior staff member to do it over the phone. That all took a week around the 21st Feb and then I had to give a months notice. The department I started in only start people on the 1st of each month so I started in April

How much notice have you to give?

• Advertisement

That's strand one (IIRC) you've stands two and three to go. If you contact AGS HR in Navan they'll give you a standard response that will at least tell you where you are in the process.

What does strand 2 and 3 entail? But does disclosure viiewed not mean that it has nothing to do with AGS at this point as a disclosure was made to PAS?

No they ask you if it's ok to go ahead and contact your referees. The speed of this depends on the referees, my previous employer does not give personal references only statement of employment but I was able to get a senior staff member to do it over the phone. That all took a week around the 21st Feb and then I had to give a months notice. The department I started in only start people on the 1st of each month so I started in April

How much notice have you to give?

Okay, I get you, is that by phone or email? Yeah I’ve heard they can do that alright. Just a weeks notice

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    What does strand 2 and 3 entail? But does disclosure viiewed not mean that it has nothing to do with AGS at this point as a disclosure was made to PAS?

AGS make the disclosure to PAS. I thought it was strand 2 taking the time but someone in another thread reckons it's strand 3. Eitherway strand one is pretty quick and is the disclosure thingy or it was when I was vetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adam1990

That's a little on the long side, have you contacted AGS HR in Navan?

Any contact details?

Any contact details?

You should have got an email with someones email address on it, no?

Been a while for me but I do remember looking back over my emails and finding one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mumblybum

So what are some of the more desirable departments to work for? And on the flip side, the undesirable?

Where do you hope to get put?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Can anyone tell me please. Did you contract take a week or longer to arrive after speaking to department?

Can anyone tell me please. Did you contract take a week or longer to arrive after speaking to department?

I got my contract a day or 2 after but took ages to hear anything after that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mumblybum wrote: »
    So what are some of the more desirable departments to work for? And on the flip side, the undesirable?
    I don't know if it makes sense to rank departments in that way for CO staff. It probably depends on location, role, and who you end up working for, which is fairly variable.

Yeah location for me was key. I can be on the dart at 7.25 and in work for 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Certain Depts are more likely to involve a public counter role - DEASP, Revenue. Others are more likely to be a back office role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Billy1982

I landed a job at the recruitment event today. I’m delighted. Many thanks for all the advice on here.
    Now, who can tell me anything about the Property Registration Authority?
    Thanks

Hey Sammy whiskers just wondering do you have a start date yet? as im starting in property registration also.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

I’ve just got another Garda vetting form, this has to be completed and signed at a Garda station, has anyone else had this? I’ve already done the e-vetting, references were done on Monday, I just can’t figure it out! Months waiting!!

Mulligan11 wrote:
    I’ve just got another Garda vetting form, this has to be completed and signed at a Garda station, has anyone else had this? I’ve already done the e-vetting, references were done on Monday, I just can’t figure it out! Months waiting!!

Are you going to Guards?

Are you going to Guards?

No idea where I’m going, I had a medical weeks ago!

Mulligan11 wrote:
    No idea where I’m going, I had a medical weeks ago!

That seems odd. I didn't have to do a medical and never heard of anyone having to do one for CO role

That seems odd. I didn't have to do a medical and never heard of anyone having to do one for CO role

I’d have a reason to do a medical, I don’t think it’s standard for everyone.

Mulligan11 wrote:
    I’d have a reason to do a medical, I don’t think it’s standard for everyone.

Ah ok. Have you rang PAS and asked them about the extra vetting. From what I have read on the thread it only seems to be for people assigned to the guards but people have been told that's where they were going so knew to expect the extra vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cavan Bear

I just received an email to see if I’d be interested in an interview with the Guards.

I have 2 questions, perhaps someone could advise me:

1. I have 9.5 yrs experience with the civil service so will this be taken into consideration regarding the starting salary?

2. I resigned from that position 6.5 yrs ago and have not been in paid employment since. I have lined up 2 referees, one from a recent college course, one from a recent voluntary position I had. Is it also necessary to contact the civil service, given that it was so long ago? Will the 2 recent references suffice?

Thanks
    Previous service is taken into account and incremental credit is applied. The first 3 years are discounted and not applied to incremental credits. You should get 6.5 years applied to your salary which I think would put you on Point 6 of the scale rather than point 1, it will also speed up your next increment due date. Rather than having to wait a year your increment will come up quicker and you will move on to the next point on the scale which I think in your case would be point 7. Good Luck:)

• Advertisement

Cavan Bear wrote:
    Previous service is taken into account and incremental credit is applied. The first 3 years are discounted and not applied to incremental credits. You should get 6.5 years applied to your salary which I think would put you on Point 6 of the scale rather than point 1, it will also speed up your next increment due date. Rather than having to wait a year your increment will come up quicker and you will move on to the next point on the scale which I think in your case would be point 7. Good Luck

I'm in a similar position. Should be on point 8 but with the 3 years disregard am going to 5. Have been told they are looking at getting rid of that rule sometime this year and should go back to point 8

Advertisement