Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

Billy1982 wrote: »
    Hey Sammy whiskers just wondering do you have a start date yet? as im starting in property registration also.

Hi Billy. I’m starting on the 7th. What about you?

Cavan Bear wrote: »
    Previous service is taken into account and incremental credit is applied. The first 3 years are discounted and not applied to incremental credits. You should get 6.5 years applied to your salary which I think would put you on Point 6 of the scale rather than point 1, it will also speed up your next increment due date. Rather than having to wait a year your increment will come up quicker and you will move on to the next point on the scale which I think in your case would be point 7. Good Luck:)

Many thanks Cavan Bear. I probably should have stated that my previous position wasn’t clerical. Do you know of that will make a difference?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Clerical Officer (Dublin only) campaign has just gone live on publicjobs for anyone that may be interested. Deadline next week April 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bellemcnally

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Clerical Officer (Dublin only) campaign has just gone live on publicjobs for anyone that may be interested. Deadline next week April 30th

Is this campaign finished so?

I’m guessing they will keep hiring off this panel as vacancies arise until they have stage 3 of this new campaign complete with a panel formed. I’m not sure how long that will take.

• Advertisement

Just read information booklet and it said;

Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire Live- 2nd May 2019

Stage 1 - Online Assessment Questionnaire Close - 7th May 2019 at 12 noon

Stage 2- Interview - 18th May 2019

This new campaign seems to be moving very quick. And no mention of supervised tests... strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Billy1982

Im starting this Monday the 29th.hopefully I won't be starting on my own��the nerves��

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Billy1982 wrote:
    Im starting this Monday the 29th.hopefully I won't be starting on my ownthe nerves

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

Anyone have their garda vetting come back yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

MozMael wrote: »
    Anyone have their garda vetting come back yet?

I was notified that a disclousure was made on my AGS vetting nearly two weeks ago but it’s a cold case since then.

• Advertisement

Has everyone in this campaign been placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

I’ve just been placed in the legal aid board, don’t know what location, anyone know anything about how they are to work for?

rsl1976 wrote: »

Placed as in started or just placed as in told where they will eventually go?

Nihiyminoy wrote:
    Placed as in started or just placed as in told where they will eventually go?

Just wondering at this stage if everyone has finally been offered a place

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Just wondering at this stage if everyone has finally been offered a place

No, sadly I have yet to be.

There doesn’t appear to be so much as a fart in my direction, I think it’s time to just move to Zimbabwe and start building paddle boats.

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    There doesn’t appear to be so much as a fart in my direction, I think it’s time to just move to Zimbabwe and start building paddle boats.

You never know, mine has taken months, my interview was May 2018! My Garda vetting had to be redone because of the length of time. You should call them.

Mulligan11 wrote: »
    You never know, mine has taken months, my interview was May 2018! My Garda vetting had to be redone because of the length of time. You should call them.

Wow, a year ago! But when did you finally start then after all that? haha. I have man, I’ve called publicjobs before (I don’t want to persistently do so) and in fairness they are quite helpful and told me where my application was at with straight facts. The Garda vetting unit on the other hand, I emailed them and I hate to say it but just as predicted like many folk had said here previously, I got the usual copy and paste template back, further quizzed them and they just didn’t reply haha. I think it’s the not knowing if it ever will happen.

Nihiyminoy wrote:
    Wow, a year ago! But when did you finally start then after all that? haha. I have man, I’ve called publicjobs before (I don’t want to persistently do so) and in fairness they are quite helpful and told me where my application was at with straight facts. The Garda vetting unit on the other hand, I emailed them and I hate to say it but just as predicted like many folk had said here previously, I got the usual copy and paste template back, further quizzed them and they just didn’t reply haha. I think it’s the not knowing if it ever will happen.

That is so frustrating. How long has it been with the guards now.

• Advertisement

you only sent your vetting a few weeks ago? it's going to take atleast 3 months. mine is approaching 4 months.

you only sent your vetting a few weeks ago? it's going to take atleast 3 months. mine is approaching 4 months.

4 months! That’s ridiculous man, no it’s more than a few weeks, the PAS made a disclosure nearly two months ago (plus the time to do the vetting) and the AGS vetting made a disclosure over a month ago but nothing, yet they told me they were awaiting the return of 2 strands?? Haha

4 months! That’s ridiculous man, no it’s more than a few weeks, the PAS made a disclosure nearly two months ago (plus the time to do the vetting) and the AGS vetting made a disclosure over a month ago but nothing, yet they told me they were awaiting the return of 2 strands?? Haha

I've been told 1 more strand . I know it's ridiculous but just have to ignore it as much as possible. i know it's hard

But i read the other day that the vetting bureau dealt with over half million vetting applications last year and it continues to grow so would be a bit of an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

10 months from submitting ags vetting and got a call yesterday to offer me Harcourt Street. Such a long process. Anyone in Harcourt already that can tell me what it is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

dub70 wrote: »
    10 months from submitting ags vetting and got a call yesterday to offer me Harcourt Street. Such a long process. Anyone in Harcourt already that can tell me what it is like?

I will depend on where you've been assigned.

I've been told 1 more strand . I know it's ridiculous but just have to ignore it as much as possible. i know it's hard

But i read the other day that the vetting bureau dealt with over half million vetting applications last year and it continues to grow so would be a bit of an explanation.

Just getting impatient is all, it’s a long process, not surprised that within that time people just move on to other things instead of holding their breath

Just getting impatient is all, it’s a long process, not surprised that within that time people just move on to other things instead of holding their breath

Many (the vast majority over the course of the process) do.

Many (the vast majority over the course of the process) do.

Many move on or many wait?

Many move on or many wait?

Move on, that's why (and this will really p!ss you off :pac:) they've changed the process now.

• Advertisement

I still have not started, got my assignment last week and am now waiting for them to get in touch.

Advertisement