Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I'm not able to attend my interview today I'm sick. I have a doctor cert would I be able to get my interview rescheduled.

I landed a job at the recruitment event today. I’m delighted. Many thanks for all the advice on here.
    Now, who can tell me anything about the Property Registration Authority?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭KevoS2009

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick’s day everyone!
    I’m after getting called for an interview next Saturday . Very excited and extremely nervous. Has anyone got any tips ahead of it please ? I’m batch 5 by the way.

Passed my interview and got a placement in NSSO in clonskeagh to start next week . So happy and many thanks to everyone who has posted on here about the interview process :-)

I am booked to go away on a Tuesday and Wednesday in Mid April . Should I ask them for the time off so soon after starting or just cancel my trip? I dont want to rock the boat so soon but just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what I could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Passed my interview and got a placement in NSSO in clonskeagh to start next week . So happy and many thanks to everyone who has posted on here about the interview process :-)

I am booked to go away on a Tuesday and Wednesday in Mid April . Should I ask them for the time off so soon after starting or just cancel my trip? I dont want to rock the boat so soon but just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what I could do?

Perfectly normal to have leave already booked. Just let them know before you start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Just curious as to how long it was for any of you from submitting your Garda vetting until you got a start date?

• Advertisement

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Just curious as to how long it was for any of you from submitting your Garda vetting until you got a start date?

15 Weeks. 12 Weeks seems about the average.

15 Weeks. 12 Weeks seems about the average.

Was hoping not to get an answer like that, imagine how long “special vetting” takes then

Was hoping not to get an answer like that, imagine how long “special vetting” takes then

AGS vetting is special vetting AFAIK. Are you having to do something in excess or the 'normal' AGS vetting?

Edit Sorry just assumed you were placed with AGS, massive influx of people there. If it's not AGS or similar it could be done inside a couple of weeks.

AGS vetting is special vetting AFAIK. Are you having to do something in excess or the 'normal' AGS vetting?

Edit Sorry just assumed you were placed with AGS, massive influx of people there. If it's not AGS or similar it could be done inside a couple of weeks.

Hate to be uninformed but what is AGS? Haha, A_____ Garda Síochána?

I just assumed that it was “special vetting” because it’s for clerical officers within the Gardai.

Hate to be uninformed but what is AGS? Haha, A_____ Garda Síochána?

I just assumed that it was “special vetting” because it’s for clerical officers within the Gardai.

If it's with An Garda Síochána (AGS) then it will be special vetting. 12 - 16 weeks roughly.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, not happy with that news haha

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

Thanks for the reply, not happy with that news haha

My special vetting took 17 weeks (Christmas fell in the middle though).

Loveache wrote: »
    My special vetting took 17 weeks (Christmas fell in the middle though).

Without Christmas, how long do you think it would have been?

How long actually after you got the vetting back was it until you got a start date??

Without Christmas, how long do you think it would have been?

How long actually after you got the vetting back was it until you got a start date??

After vetting I got a date quite quickly considering, within the following fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭KevoS2009

Hi,

Sorry for the 101 questions but I’m starting on Monday with NSSO and just wondering what the appropriate dress code is?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

Hi,

Sorry for the 101 questions but I’m starting on Monday with NSSO and just wondering what the appropriate dress code is?

Everyone in my office is mostly on the casual side, some of the guys wear slacks and a shirt some wear jeans and a t-shirt. The women are kinda the same some are in jeans and a top some wear slacks and a cardigan but just dress comfortably! Smart/casual

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

KevoS2009 wrote:

I've been told the department I'm in is formal office wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shanealex31

Hi everyone new to this Boards.ie,

Just a couple questions i was successful in my interview and waiting on references to be contacted(i had to tell my boss i was leaving as i did not want him getting a call without him knowing i was leaving and now he is wondering how much notice I Am giving.
    Does anybody have any idea when the start date is from contacting the references and getting my vetting completed and sent back tot the public jobs.

Also the dress code for places in the Department of Social protection.

Thanks in advance.

Just a couple questions i was successful in my interview and waiting on references to be contacted(i had to tell my boss i was leaving as i did not want him getting a call without him knowing i was leaving and now he is wondering how much notice I Am giving. Does anybody have any idea when the start date is from contacting the references and getting my vetting completed and sent back tot the public jobs.

I was 2 weeks waiting for references and then gave my months notice. The department I am in like people to start on the 1st of the month so I still had nearly 2 weeks off after I left

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mumblybum

I'm starting next week in the department of foreign affairs and trade. Does anyone know if it's customary to work a back week before getting paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭sully123

Mumblybum wrote: »
    I'm starting next week in the department of foreign affairs and trade. Does anyone know if it's customary to work a back week before getting paid?

My letter says;
    payroll runs two weeks in advance. Therefore you may not be paid for two weeks. But you will be paid weekly every friday after that.

So yeah, looks like you gotta work a back week.

Its nice to get paid every week tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Just a heads up I'm in Dep of health but didn't get paid till my 3rd week and was emergency taxed even though I updated everything with revenue my first day, so just don't be banking on the 2nd week

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

tgdaly wrote: »
    Just a heads up I'm in Dep of health but didn't get paid till my 3rd week and was emergency taxed even though I updated everything with revenue my first day, so just don't be banking on the 2nd week

Did you get 3 weeks wages together on your 3rd week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ladywawa

Hi,

Can anyone explain in simple terms how the flexi-time works out?.
    Been working past 3 weeks, still don't understand.

Thanks

ladywawa wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone explain in simple terms how the flexi-time works out?.
    Been working past 3 weeks, still don't understand.

Thanks

You can work any time between 8 and 7. Any additional time over your 7 hrs 24 minutes you have to work is stored. At the end of the period you can have worked up a Max of 11hrs 30 minutes to take off the next period. As a full day and a half day (or three half days).

You have to be there 10-4 so if you have extra time you can also do a short day (10 - 4) or take a long lunch or whatever.

Don't work up more that 11.5 hrs though as you'll lose it (the extra over 11.5) at the end of the period.

The periods are tricky as they're 4 weeks so don't align with calender months. Someone should be able to tell you the dates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Did you get 3 weeks wages together on your 3rd week?

Yeah I got all 3 weeks I was owed, minus the emergency tax

I only started on Monday and got paid today

Can anyone explain the pension? I've been paid once. I see I'm paying into a lump sum but no other contributions towards an actual pension that I can't see. Is this something I have to arrange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adam1990

I got placed in AGS, my vetting process started end of November and still have not heard anything is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dalio

Adam1990 wrote: »
    I got placed in AGS, my vetting process started end of November and still have not heard anything is this normal?

The vetting for ags takes a long time hang in there

Advertisement