Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Oh god, I'm absolutely flat out, I don't know what's worse!
    Yes lots going on socially in my office. Quizs and activities. I haven't had any training at all. Feeling a little lost to be honest, I'd like to have been shown how to use the websites for signing in properly and looking up wage slip etc. There's so much going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Ah it'll all click into place no doubt, any new job is a steep learning curve. I'm trying to deduce the net weekly pay because I've been paid four different amounts so far Ha! Granted, the first two weeks were lower then higher due to Emergency Tax, which was sorted. But last week and this coming Friday are two different amounts as well :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

Ah I know, it's all very new, exciting and scary! Hopefully in a few weeks I won't feel so lost.
    My wages have been the same although looks like all will be refunded this Friday. Yay.... I'm going to get pissed. Then sleep until Monday morning ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone have any insight into the department of health, what they are like to work for and what the work is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Debbiek88

Hey does anyone happen to know what batch they may be on now regarding placements? Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

Debbiek88 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone happen to know what batch they may be on now regarding placements? Thanks :D

Batch 3 in the 240’s

Thanks trudy2222 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

frezabelle wrote:
    I’m batch 4 higher OOM than you and had my interview first week of November

I'm such an idiot. I'm so caught up in the EO process that I totally forgot that yes, I did interview in November and passed as well. Totally went out of my head until I had a look back at messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roversrach

Hi all,

Just wondering how long it takes to find out where you have been assigned/ start date etc once you have references done and passed to assignment unit?

Anybody assigned in the last couple of weeks? What depts etc?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Anyone who passed on Prison service, got another offer yet?

• Advertisement

KOR101 wrote:
    Anyone who passed on Prison service, got another offer yet?

No, have heard nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

Hi has anyone started in Revenue recently? Wondering how people are finding it? Starting myself in Feb. Thanks.

BB2018 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone started in Revenue recently? Wondering how people are finding it? Starting myself in Feb. Thanks.

Hey, what was your oom if you don't mind me asking? I'm on the waiting list for placement so be great to know how they are coming along :)

Got a call today they’ve reached my oom batch 3 274, the end is near! Kind of!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ali m

I got a call too but missed it, she left a message. They have reached my number and want permission to contact my current employer
    Batch 3 OOM 304 or 5
    So I will have to hand my notice in without knowing where or when I'm starting. Anyway gives you all an idea of where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ali m

trudy2222 wrote: »
    Got a call today they’ve reached my oom batch 3 274, the end is near! Kind of!

Hi did they give you any info on the phone, any dept or time frame?

ali m wrote: »
    Hi did they give you any info on the phone, any dept or time frame?

No just that they’re contacting my employer and sending a link to my email for Garda vetting that takes around 2 weeks.

No info on when or where, I did ask but she said they don’t tell them that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

What should we expect net weekly pay to be? Ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

Batch 4 OOM 19 got the call today to say they've reached my place and asked is it ok to contact my current employer. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help and advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Alchemy_ wrote: »
    Batch 4 OOM 19 got the call today to say they've reached my place and asked is it ok to contact my current employer. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their help and advice!

Best of luck in your new role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bowieol

i got a message to say that they are going to do my vetting now. i'm in batch 4. i'm hoping this is good news!

bowieol wrote: »
    i got a message to say that they are going to do my vetting now. i'm in batch 4. i'm hoping this is good news!

Hey, do you know what number you are in batch 4? I'm batch 4 103 I think, they seem to be flying through places, last week they where on batch 3 200's. Hopefully I get the call soon 😊🀞

Debbiek88 wrote: »
    Hey, do you know what number you are in batch 4? I'm batch 4 103 I think, they seem to be flying through places, last week they where on batch 3 200's. Hopefully I get the call soon ����

I'm batch 4 OOM 45 and have not heard anything yet

Ah ok, wonder what way they do it, seems like whoever has the long process for garda vetting will be contacted before hand as it takes so long? But I'm just guessing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

Are all of the clerical officers positions in the city centre?
    Is there any consistency with departments at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I'm batch 4 OOM 45 and have not heard anything yet

Did you get your email today??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Just got an email stating they’ve reached my place. Batch 4 OOM 50, hopefully not too long till placed.

No nothing yet

I just double checked and nothing at all. Might be just someone else working on the pile I'm in.

Has anyone here applied for the EO position. I'm sitting the supervised test this week and just wondering if I was successful in both how I'd manage that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

Take the CO if it comes first,worst case scenario you get the EO and they pull someone from Batch 5 to replace you.

Advertisement