Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Just got the call. Batch 4 OOM 45

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bellemcnally

Anyone else get the gaurds lately

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Debbiek88

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Just got the call. Batch 4 OOM 45

Ah that is brilliant. They seem to be flying through. Did they inform you they are starting your vetting? I'm batch 4 109 I think

Debbiek88 wrote:
    Ah that is brilliant. They seem to be flying through. Did they inform you they are starting your vetting? I'm batch 4 109 I think

Yes they asked could they contact my employer and sent the email to start the vetting

I worked as a CO in a local authority for 7 years. Can I carry that over in terms of getting in at a higher point on the salary scale?

• Advertisement

I got a call Tonight, they have reached my place and starting vetting she said it should take a week for vetting. Oom batch 4 109 (roughly)

I didn't think vetting would be that quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭trudy2222

I got the call on Saturday they told me my vetting would take 2 weeks, I’m a bit skeptical just from reading past comments here!

Yes I asked the same I asked roughly how long and I asked would it be 12 weeks as seen in other posts and she said "oh god no should take a week" so maybe it depends on what department your going you may need more of a thorough check

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bowieol

i haven't got a phone call from PAS but they are doing my garda vetting now, anyone else the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

Revenue need 400 staff for Brexit. I assume they are moving at such a quick pace to fill them places before March plus the normal positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Loveache wrote: »
    What should we expect net weekly pay to be? Ballpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

Do you have to pass a medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sudzy25

Got the call yesterday - Batch 4 OOm- 80,s

Does anyone know where they are sending people?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sudzy25

bowieol wrote: »
    i haven't got a phone call from PAS but they are doing my garda vetting now, anyone else the same?

Yes got call yesterday and vetting sent

Sent off my vetting on Monday evening and just got an email to say that it has been completed, that seems extremely quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

I got assigned to AGS in November i sent off my vetting on the 11th November PAS rang me on Saturday to say I had been cleared and that they needed something from Social Welfare. I sent that to PAS on Monday and last night had a message to say that Personnel from AGS would be in touch with a start date and where I was assigned to. Its such a long process but so worth it when that message comes through :). How are people finding AGS to work in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ali m

trudy2222 wrote: »
    Sent off my vetting on Monday evening and just got an email to say that it has been completed, that seems extremely quick!

Same here! sent Monday and just heard there, PAS are still waiting on reference from my employer now. Best of luck!

I can't believe how quickly all this went. I got the call and was offered NSSO clonskeagh, delighted it's where I wanted. I start 4th March. They asked to start 18th Feb but that's not enough notice for my employer. Oom batch 4 109

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

Just seen through the emails in work, my boss refused to fill in the employer form sent to her from the girl looking for my reference and wouldn’t do a verbal ref either. Said it’s only company policy to state my role and for how long I did it! I’m fuming, I knew she’d be awkward. Could this put a spanner in the works at this stage?

• Advertisement

Debbiek88 wrote: »
    I can't believe how quickly all this went. I got the call and was offered NSSO clonskeagh, delighted it's where I wanted. I start 4th March. They asked to start 18th Feb but that's not enough notice for my employer. Oom batch 4 109

Hi Debbie, did they tell you NSSO when they rang you? delighted for you. Best of Luck.

frezabelle wrote: »
    Just seen through the emails in work, my boss refused to fill in the employer form sent to her from the girl looking for my reference and wouldn’t do a verbal ref either. Said it’s only company policy to state my role and for how long I did it! I’m fuming, I knew she’d be awkward. Could this put a spanner in the works at this stage?

Thats awful, mine are taking their time too, they said they can't give info out about me over the phone with data protection but don't see what the prob with the form is. Hope you get sorted.

frezabelle wrote:

Most companies only give a statement of employment these days, mine do and PAS said that is fine. They asked for a character reference as well and said it could just be from someone in a senior position, so not necessarily your manager. Is there anyone else senior you can ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 frezabelle

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Most companies only give a statement of employment these days, mine do and PAS said that is fine. They asked for a character reference as well and said it could just be from someone in a senior position, so not necessarily your manager. Is there anyone else senior you can ask?

Not really, we’re a very small office. I know I could defo get one off my boss from job before this though if they’d accept that...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

Debbiek88 wrote: »

Anyone else in Batch 4 find out where they are going?

ali m wrote: »
    Hi Debbie, did they tell you NSSO when they rang you? delighted for you. Best of Luck.

Thank you. Em originally she said to me hr be in touch but I asked if my selection for NSSO was on the application and she said yes then next day they spoke with me reference and rang me to say I'd be going NSSO. All the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alchemy_

Ertin wrote: »
    Anyone else in Batch 4 find out where they are going?

Office of Public Works.

I just received an email to see if I’d be interested in an interview with the Guards.

I have 2 questions, perhaps someone could advise me:

1. I have 9.5 yrs experience with the civil service so will this be taken into consideration regarding the starting salary?

2. I resigned from that position 6.5 yrs ago and have not been in paid employment since. I have lined up 2 referees, one from a recent college course, one from a recent voluntary position I had. Is it also necessary to contact the civil service, given that it was so long ago? Will the 2 recent references suffice?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Hi just curious if there is anyone who has been through the clearance process and not received a job offer due to too much sick leave etc?

• Advertisement

I’m just wondering has anyone had to give a months notice and were PAS ok with it? I’ve been given my department but no start date or location yet, I work in such a small business I would need to give a months notice but I’m thinking PAS might not be too happy about it.

Advertisement