Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi, a friend of mine was placed batch 1 number 530 for Dublin

Does that sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Well I failed that one *!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

Hotdamn, you're quick off the mark :D obviously why you got such a good OOM too smarty pants, congratulations!

I'm batch 1 too but mid 200's which I'm pretty pleased about. No break down of the actual results yet, just the new OOMs and the batch number.

Good to know that the interviews will start in February, gives us some time to prepare but not too far away.

I'm the same my OOM is high 200's in Batch 1.

I wonder what's the chances of actually getting offered a job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Results available .
    OOM 392 , batch 1 . Is this giving me any chance ?
    How was last year ?
    Good luck to all !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

L390 wrote: »

Oh no, I'm so sorry that sucks :mad: I hope it's not too long before the next campaign. Don't lose hope, get yourself some practise test books and practise practise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

they're in! I got just over 300 I think I'm happy with that since my oom was 1000 after stage 1. hopefully it's high enough. best of luck to everyone and happy Christmas

I'm the same my OOM is high 200's in Batch 1.

I wonder what's the chances of actually getting offered a job ?

I would say pretty darn high, it's more a question of when not if. My sense is that they need quite a few COs as there has been a lot of turnover in the last year or two so fingers crossed they will get through us fairly quickly. To put things into perspective, the last campaign had 11 or 12 batches, and the people in batch 11 are being placed right now. That is over a year I think after the start of the campaign, so a looooong wait but the point is they are still getting a job out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I am in total shock that I passed that maths , even if only 6 right was needed ! It's a Christmas miracle 😂😂. Does the batch number have any significance on being called for an interview ?
    Well done to all x

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

What makes you say that?

Cause they said I did lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

Didn't believe I made it through. I did. Batch 1 in 800s.

Anoushka wrote: »
    Didn't believe I made it through. I did. Batch 1 in 800s.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Results available .
    OOM 392 , batch 1 . Is this giving me any chance ?
    How was last year ?
    Good luck to all !!!

Yes you should be fine, could be a bit of a wait though! I applied for this as well as the 2016 campaign and I had my interview a few weeks ago and the guy told me there were loads of vacancies!

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    I am in total shock that I passed that maths , even if only 6 right was needed ! It's a Christmas miracle ����. Does the batch number have any significance on being called for an interview ?
    Well done to all x

Congratulations! :D Yes, that maths was a total nightmare, significantly harder than the practise tests and the wording of that one question on lunches really tripped a lot of people up including myself, I didn't have enough time to do the last 2 or 3 sections so I was quite worried that I wouldn't have passed as well.

Sorry to hear that as I’ve been there myself. Practice really does make perfect. The more tests you do, the more you start copping on to the answers they want you to give as opposed to the ones you think are right!

I am in total shock that I passed that maths , even if only 6 right was needed ! It's a Christmas miracle 😂😂. Does the batch number have any significance on being called for an interview ?
    Well done to all x

Congrats! :) yes it does, it goes in order so Batch 1 will be interviewed first etc

Claireyy wrote: »
    Yes you should be fine, could be a bit of a wait though! I applied for this as well as the 2016 campaign and I had my interview a few weeks ago and the guy told me there were loads of vacancies!

Yes, there were 12 batches in Dublin for the 2016 campaign, the first batch of interviews starts in February, and from what I can deduce from last years thread people were told they'd passed the interview about a week after and then were waiting over a month for placement, longer if they were made to go through Garda vetting

Congratulations! :D Yes, that maths was a total nightmare, significantly harder than the practise tests and the wording of that one question on lunches really tripped a lot of people up including myself, I didn't have enough time to do the last 2 or 3 sections so I was quite worried that I wouldn't have passed as well.

Thank you . Congratulations to you also . With the last 3 sections , I just guessed , as I only had 30 seconds left ha ha .

Thank you . Congratulations to you also . With the last 3 sections , I just guessed , as I only had 30 seconds left ha ha .

:D I didn't even bother at that point as my blood pressure was through the roof I just offered it up to the gods :D

Congrats! :) yes it does, it goes in order so Batch 1 will be interviewed first etc

Great , thank you x

• Advertisement

Yes, there were 12 batches in Dublin for the 2016 campaign, the first batch of interviews starts in February, and from what I can deduce from last years thread people were told they'd passed the interview about a week after and then were waiting over a month for placement, longer if they were made to go through Garda vetting

Yeah I’m Batch 11 and still waiting to be placed. Applied way back last year!

:D I didn't even bother at that point as my blood pressure was through the roof I just offered it up to the gods :D

Well the gods were looking after you it seems . Ha ha . Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Sorry I havent had time to read all the threads but this is what I got this morning. Can anyone in the know translate this? How many are they going to interview and what does the batch number mean?:

Dear Sharon

Further to your completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of
    your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that
    you have reached the qualifying standard.

Your OOM is:

Batch 1- Place: 187

Based on your result you may be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise of
    an interview.

We will be in contact with you in due course should we reach your place.

Please note that interviews are expected to commence in February 2018

Regards,

Recruitment Manager
    Public Appointments Service

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RadfordD

Yeah I’m Batch 11 and still waiting to be placed. Applied way back last year!
    What was your OOM? Just wondering a how many were called off the last campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

Sharon2017 wrote:
    Sorry I havent had time to read all the threads but this is what I got this morning. Can anyone in the know translate this? How many are they going to interview and what does the batch number mean?:

Each batch has a different of candidates. I am in same batch as you are but in 800s. As you have a very high OOM I think it is fair to say you can expect to be called for and interview in spring/early summer 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

If you qualify for the inerview , does it mean that you actually get the job ? What would they ask for an OC position?
    How was last year ?

RadfordD wrote: »
    What was your OOM? Just wondering a how many were called off the last campaign?

Over 4000. I’m the end of 300 this time so a huge improvement but I’m still expecting to be placed on the last campaign as it’s moving very fast atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ptd

Do you know if they call just the first couple of hundred with the highest OOM from batch 1 and then move onto batch 2, or do they call all batch 1 first? How many candidates in batch 1? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

If it works how I think I understand it to now, I'd presume they go through batch 1 before moving on. Does anyone know how many they tend to call at a time ie could it be 20 people or if my OOM is 187 should I expect to be called in the first few weeks of interview?

Also if anyone knows if I accept a job on this campaign does that mean I can't proceed with other PAS campaigns I'm being considered for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

Congrats to everyone. This was such a tough call and I really wouldn't have bet any money on getting through - huge relief today. OOM of 600 in Batch 1 - maybe there are a 1,000 in each batch? I spoke to a lady on the day of the assessments test and she told me that she has just finished up a temporary contract and was applying for these permanent ones. She said if you get to interview stage, you are basically home and dry. It was the easiest interview ever and it seemed as if they just wanted to see she could hold a conversation and had a personality. I hope she's right!

Advertisement