Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Ber25 wrote: »
    I'm 2300. I wonder if I willbe called. Has anyone tried to reschedule their test.

Not for this test but for the local government campaign.

I’m hoping to reschedule but the email said they don’t accommodate those kinds of requests.

Would like to know if anyone has tried this also as I cannot make the proposed date of Dec 9th for those tests but am available Dec 2 when I know there will also be testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Not for this test but for the local government campaign.

Stupid question but what areas/jobs are civil service .......

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

L390 wrote: »
    Stupid question but what areas/jobs are civil service .......

The clerical officer jobs are admin/back office jobs in government departments. There’s a whole list of them on the website if you google it. Some of them would be Dept Social protection, Dept Justice, Dept of Foreign Affairs, Dept of Education etc...

So if you got placed in Social Protection for example, you could be working in one of the revenue offices processing welfare applications...

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

What if you got a low score, is that a bad sign?

Kraft.l wrote: »
    What if you got a low score, is that a bad sign?

It just means that you’re further on the list when they start offering job placements. So if you’re OOM is 2000, theoretically there are 1,999 people ahead of you waiting to be placed. It all depends on how long the panel will last. They usually jump 15-20 places every time somebody gets offered a job because people pull out and reject the offers etc. Dublin usually moves fast though but the whole process can take a LONG time. I applied for the 2016 one in May of last year I think and I’m only doing my interview next week! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Just did my test and verbal was grand but numerical a different story suppose you only have to get 6 correct.There was about 30 in our group and we were the second group in and there was another group after us.Results out end of December,Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Hey folks. My OOM is 1818. Anyone able to guess whether I’ll make the supervised tests? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Hey folks. My OOM is 1818. Anyone able to guess whether I’ll make the supervised tests? Cheers

I would say your chances are good, they have already called the first 1700 plus people.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Oh I would definitely think you will maybe not before Christmas but def the new year. Somebody replied earlier in this and they were 1787 and they got called so hopefully you will might be sooner than later good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

RachelDDD wrote: »
    Did my aptitude test this morning, the verbal was ok but the numerical was really tough for me. I would strongly recommend practising percentages too. The wording on the numerical tests was cryptic in places too and I guessed a lot of answers. If I get through it will be by the skin of my teeth!

Are there many people sitting test at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

Hi, hello again everyone, I really would like to practice more for these exams, I just think the samples on the homepage of the publicjobs.ie don't go in to to much detail. Does anybody have any links to more practice websites relevant to this, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monkey Lamb

Hi I’m quite high up in the 6400s, are you even called for an exam if you’re that high up?
    If roles are filled, does the campaign end until another one starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Just did my test and verbal was grand but numerical a different story suppose you only have to get 6 correct.There was about 30 in our group and we were the second group in and there was another group after us.Results out end of December,Good luck to everyone.

Yeah, just did mine today also. Verbal was definitely easier for me although there were a couple where there was a lot to get through. I find the "can't say" ones harder as I have a tendency to extrapolate from incomplete information so I have to check myself carefully :rolleyes:

The numerical I found hard because of the language not so much the actual maths, I got stuck on one that I was doing wrong as I misunderstood what they meant and then didn't get to finish so I just hope I did enough to pass. I'd say if one is taking too long, move on and do the rest and go back if needs be. I got myself caught down a rabbit hole before I realised how much time I had wasted so I'm a bit annoyed with myself on that one :mad: But yeah, practise adding and subtracting percentages. Anyway, glad that is done. Good luck to everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Killester1

Hi Folks, just wondering if anyone with an OOM higher than 1787 has been called yet? Tks

Well I definitely failed the maths ..hadn't a clue mind went bloody blank..fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well I definitely failed the maths ..hadn't a clue mind went bloody blank..fuming

Ya it was so hard, I’m still hoping I scrapped by and got 6 right. The wording was so tough, I was like WTF trying to make sense of the question. Didn’t even get to look at section 5 and 6, ran out of time.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya it was so hard, I’m still hoping I scrapped by and got 6 right. The wording was so tough, I was like WTF trying to make sense of the question. Didn’t even get to look at section 5 and 6, ran out of time.

I can't even remember how many there were...questions that is ..I'd live the job the test people have lol

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

youre not alone my mind was frazzled and cant even remember how many i answered def skipped one or two sections. brain-numbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

Happened to me too. Didn't even finish that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

fin12 wrote:

I agree. I think second part was hard and time went so fast:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Does anyone know what s the minimum score to pass the Maths ?

I’m the exact same. Only got up to question 15 and they definitely weren’t all correct, was reading the same passage 5 or 6 Times trying to make sense of what was being asked!

Does anyone know what s the minimum score to pass the Maths ?

6 out of the 21 questions I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Anoushka wrote: »
    I agree. I think second part was hard and time went so fast:-(

Yes, I completely agree. Ali and his "bloody" lunches question was so convoluted. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Does anyone know when shall we expect the results?
    What happened last year?

Thanks

You will get a message to your publicjobs.ie mailbox in December advising you of your continuation, or not, to Part 3 (Interview stage). At least that's what we were told this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monkey Lamb

Most people are saying the wording is tricky.. in what way- do they try to catch you out?

Most people are saying the wording is tricky.. in what way- do they try to catch you out?

Unfortunately, without an exact word for word copy of the exam questions, to show you. It is extremely difficult to answer your post.

Honestly ...mind ****ing comes to mind .....seriously it's ridiculous questioning !!! (Apologies for being crude ) 😠😠😠😠😠

• Advertisement

It's stuff like Amir buys lunch for €80. 9 lunches cost X amount. But Amir can get 12 lunches for X amount. Dessert is not included but if he wants dessert, it will cost this much extra. Breakfast costs this amount but if Amir buys X amount, he will get 10 discount.

How much discount will Amir get if he buys 5 lunches but only twice a month and one breakfast?

It's really convoluted and hard to grasp without re-reading the paragraph several times, imo, which obviously eats away at your timing.

Advertisement