Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

I just called PAS and spoke to someone in the department dealing with our campaign. I asked if there was any clarity on when the invites for interviews might go out and she said that they were expecting to start the call outs early to middle of February, and early does not mean the first few days, so it sounds like the 2nd week of February (however I've just realised that the first few days of Feb fall at the end of a week so the 2nd week is a bit earlier in the month) and she said they would give 7 to 10 days notice before the interview date.

I forgot to ask how many they would be calling at a time so maybe someone else can call and ask that however I did tell her that my OOM is up around 250.

Anyway, my feeling is the first interviews will start around the 12th or 13th of Feb or at least in that week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

When i got my stage 2 results i rang PAS to clear up a few things .I got batch 1 oom 650. Wasn't sure if it was good , or bad! The lady on the phone told me there is roughly 1200 in batch 1 and that there are plenty of vacancies on Dublin. Currently a TCO for the last 3 years working 9 months on 3 off on a rolling 3 year panel with good overtime! . going to be commuting a fair distance to Dublin as well if i get in ..anything for permanency! Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Just got an email to attend for interview on 7th of Feb i was no35 in OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Just got an email to attend for interview on 7th of Feb i was no35 in OOM

Brilliant congrats! Anyone else get an interview? I’m 187 on the OOM so hope I won’t be too long waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Any idea what to expect in the interview and how long before you think people will actually be assigned jobs?

• Advertisement

Any idea what to expect in the interview and how long before you think people will actually be assigned jobs?

I think take a look at the expected qualities of a civil servant on the PAS website and think of a few examples of how you demonstrated those in other jobs. I don’t think you’d need to prep too much and with an OOM of 35 you’ll be one of the first to get an offer I’d imagine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Make sure you know your competencies and have examples for each. I had mine done out in STAR format. Interview lasted about 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Make sure you know your competencies and have examples for each. I had mine done out in STAR format. Interview lasted about 40 mins.

Crunchy momma are u giving a list of what competencies they will ask in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

Good luck with your interview

fin12 wrote: »
    Crunchy momma are u giving a list of what competencies they will ask in the email?

Competencies were listed in original information booklet I'd say or I think they can be found on publicjobs.ie also. I don't have them saved anymore as its almost a year and a half since I did mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Competencies were listed in original information booklet I'd say or I think they can be found on publicjobs.ie also. I don't have them saved anymore as its almost a year and a half since I did mine

Ok thanks, sorry last question can you remember how many you prepared?

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, sorry last question can you remember how many you prepared?

i prepared 2 examples for each competency. they did end up asking me about a certain competency in relation to a particular job which i hadnt prepared but muddled through it. make sure you understand what they want you to demonstrate with each competency so that you can thijk on your feet if needs be and hit all the points

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Hi Guys,
    Are they organizing interviews once they have an available position or they will be interviewing the whole batch ?
    Did anyone else receive the e-mail ?

Hi Guys,
    Are they organizing interviews once they have an available position or they will be interviewing the whole batch ?
    Did anyone else receive the e-mail ?

They interview in batches and then do vetting and reference checks as positions become available

They interview in batches and then do vetting and reference checks as positions become available

I haven’t heard of any other interviews yet I am 187 OOM so it will be interesting to see how quickly they’ll get to my batch from the few who’ve been invited so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Just got my invite to interview and I'm around 250 OOM, set for the 14th at 11ish so that's a relief to know now. Now for the prep :-/

I've had mine too. Feb 14th (how romantic)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Great news,they seem to be flying with the interviews.Hope they keep up the pace as I am in the 900's.Best of luck to the both of you.

Best of luck everybody! Interesting... i m late 300 and i haven't received the invite .. anybody else the same ?
    I guess they will be interviewing everybody in February ÷ March

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

quick question.

how is everyone preparing for their interview?

have you a link to suggested material?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Just wondering Sharon2017 if you have heard anything with your oom as poster below you has lower higher oom and has been called to an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cathyban

Hi there. I’m OOM 270 and got invitation for 12 Feb. good luck to everybody

isabella5 wrote: »
    Just wondering Sharon2017 if you have heard anything with your oom as poster below you has lower higher oom and has been called to an interview

Yep I'll be Feb 14th! Thanks for asking :)

Hi ,

Did anyone with oom between 300 and 400 receive the invite?

I'm 308 and haven't heard yet

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Starlady7

Hi there, I'm new to this. My oom is 363, awaiting news of the interview. Delighted to have finally passed the exam! I've done quite a few over the years. For anyone reading this who hasn't done the exam yet or has been unsuccessful my advice is 1. Don't give up. 2.check out career services.ie their online tutorial really helped me. 3. Unless they say there's negative marking in the numerical do by all means do wild guessing if you are running out of time, as you have a one in three chance of getting the right answer. It can make all the difference :)

Re the form we have to fill out:

Does one of the references actually have to be our most recent employer?

Because for me...(a) its a crap temporary job in the meantime while I wait for something better
    (b) They don't provide references they'll only confirm that I work there :(

Can I give someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Re the form we have to fill out:

Does one of the references actually have to be our most recent employer?

Because for me...(a) its a crap temporary job in the meantime while I wait for something better
    (b) They don't provide references they'll only confirm that I work there :(

Can I give someone else?

I’m pretty sure the reference form is just to confirm that you worked there, how many sick days etc. They don’t contact anybody until they reach your place on the panel so you could probably leave them off or include them but put a note explaining the situation. Wouldn’t worry too much about it, they only contact one out of three anyway!

Advertisement