Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

has anyone out there with a lower OOM than 1350 been called for stage 2 ? Just trying to gauge how far down they have now called

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

dottynic wrote: »
    Hi guys does anybody know how far up the line they will call in order of oom for stage 2 I'm quite high up the line compared to everyone here I'm 2100 oom. Quite high so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

It is possible you could scrape into this batch as they called up to about 1100/1150 in the first batch IIRC, so if they call the same number this time then that would bring them up to about 2200/2300 but that is just guessing. But I'd say you'll know by early next week if how many they're calling. It might have more to do with your score and which third you fell into on the feedback chart. My guess is they'll call everyone in the top third to stage 2 first and then see how many they get out of that before moving on to the middle third and so on.

fin12 wrote: »
    How much notice have u been given till u have to sit the exam?

It's next Thursday at 15.30 so just under a week

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    has anyone out there with a lower OOM than 1350 been called for stage 2 ? Just trying to gauge how far down they have now called

I would imagine so as they called up to 1100ish last time, also they seemed to call people in alphabetical order not order of OOM and my surname starts with B so I'm near the front of the queue in that regard. The message only came this morning so I'd say many are still at work and you'll get more answers this evening on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tweniebaby

I'm early 2100's and I haven't heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

I would imagine so as they called up to 1100ish last time, also they seemed to call people in alphabetical order not order of OOM and my surname starts with B so I'm near the front of the queue in that regard. The message only came this morning so I'd say many are still at work and you'll get more answers this evening on that front.

Given they called 1100 initially they would hardly only go as far as 1350 if they were to call another batch. Unless it was a case of 'we called 1100, 250 have now got back to say they are no longer interested so we will call up 250 more"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

Hi Guys

I am new to boards great to find this thread. very helpful. I got the mail today to sit the supervised exams next week. just wondering if anyone could shine any light on how difficult the numerical part is? I struggle bad with maths so I was just wondering will I stand a hope in these exams.. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dottynic

It is possible you could scrape into this batch as they called up to about 1100/1150 in the first batch IIRC, so if they call the same number this time then that would bring them up to about 2200/2300 but that is just guessing. But I'd say you'll know by early next week if how many they're calling. It might have more to do with your score and which third you fell into on the feedback chart. My guess is they'll call everyone in the top third to stage 2 first and then see how many they get out of that before moving on to the middle third and so on.

I fell into group A so maybe fingers crossed but best of luck to you all :)

AC19 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I am new to boards great to find this thread. very helpful. I got the mail today to sit the supervised exams next week. just wondering if anyone could shine any light on how difficult the numerical part is? I struggle bad with maths so I was just wondering will I stand a hope in these exams.. TIA

That would be pretty subjective, what is hard for one person is not for another. I would just start doing the practise tests over and over and that's the best you can do. They allow you to use a calculator in the test and supply them too so you won't be doing mental calculation at least. Also, would you mind telling the board your OOM so that people can gauge roughly what number they're calling up to?

I've just looked at the familiarisation materials that are linked to in the invitation message and it gives you some examples of test questions and also various other details that are helpful. So you should check those out if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

I am in the low 1400's and got called for test next week,fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dottynic

tigerwoods wrote: »
    I am in the low 1400's and got called for test next week,fingers crossed.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

That would be pretty subjective, what is hard for one person is not for another. I would just start doing the practise tests over and over and that's the best you can do. They allow you to use a calculator in the test and supply them too so you won't be doing mental calculation at least. Also, would you mind telling the board your OOM so that people can gauge roughly what number they're calling up to?

I've just looked at the familiarisation materials that are linked to in the invitation message and it gives you some examples of test questions and also various other details that are helpful. So you should check those out if you haven't already

Great thanks for the advice!!! My OOM is low 1300's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I shall cross my fingers that I get called early next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Gaffer78 wrote: »

got invited to stage 2 as well 1298

any one here did the stage 2 what its like? any advise please

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

2016claire wrote: »
    any one here did the stage 2 what its like? any advise please

Hi, I did my stage 2 tests on Thursday. All I would say is don’t be nervous and read the questions very carefully for numerical because some of them are sort of trick questions.

I did not do any prep and found them okay but you do have to concentrate. The numerical was not extremely complicated like other tests I have taken recently with scary ratios and complicated calculations. It’s bascually just percentages and adding and subtracting. So know how to do percentages and minus and add percentages etc.

I think I did do okay in it, would be surprised if I didn’t pass that part. Keep in mind that you only need to pass the numerical part, it’s the verbal score they’ll be adding so the only requirement for numerical is passing.

So all in all not to bad, the main thing is don’t get overwhelmed during the test. To put it in context, maths was my worst subject in school, I mean worst! I did my leaving cert in 2005 and got a D1 in ordinary maths and have not practiced since. I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Can people who have already done aptitude test advise if there are any other parts apart from numerical test? I.e. checking, categorizing, verbal interpretation... like the ones online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

There are only two tests, numerical and verbal.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    There are only two tests, numerical and verbal.

Thanks. I hope that verbal test is not like the one publicjobs.ie website. Found them much harder than numerical..

busymammy wrote: »
    Thanks. I hope that verbal test is not like the one publicjobs.ie website. Found them much harder than numerical..

I didn’t think it was too bad just try and have time to double check answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Just got a message for Stage 2 on Tuesday 28th. My OOM is 1530.
    Better start some studying ☺

Is anybody also going for the local government campaign? Just got notice that they’ll be calling people for assessment centres in December who are up to 376 on the OOM for that campaign and I’m at 257. I think those tests will be different as I’ve already had to do numeracy and verbal online for that campaign

busymammy wrote: »

It will be like the one on public jobs, that is the whole point. Just practice it a few times and try to understand where you went wrong using the feedback. Whatever you do, don't psych yourself out about it, if you tell yourself it's too hard then you won't do well, if you tell yourself it is well within your capabilities and that you just need practice then your brain will be more receptive and you will improve as you become more familiar with it, like with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Just got a message for Stage 2 on Tuesday 28th. My OOM is 1530.
    Better start some studying ☺

My oom is 1,700’s and I’ve mine on Monday the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Anybody get called for stage 2 with a higher oom than 1700

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

colfah wrote: »
    Anybody get called for stage 2 with a higher oom than 1700

Yes I did ..(1787)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Is this moving quicker than the 2016 one ..seems to be

the ones that did stage 2, how long do you have to wait for the results?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

We were told the result won't be out until late December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I'm 2300. I wonder if I willbe called. Has anyone tried to reschedule their test.

Advertisement