Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

I would be very curious to know how many people they hired last year . Is the interview pass/ fail ? Or it will affect the oom?

Thousands I would say. I was over 4000 on OOM for Dublin and I passed my interview a few weeks ago so am expected to be called soon. Was told there are loads of vacancies. Interview is pass or fail and it does not affect OOM.

Does anyone know how much notice they give you of the exact date before the interview?

I was given three weeks notice exactly. Minimum of two I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Arse Biscuits

What's the basic pay? And is there overtime etc to bring your wages up a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Is there still a chance people will be called to Stage 2. Just looked at my OOM its circa 2900 not called to phase 2 at all...

Is there still a chance people will be called to Stage 2. Just looked at my OOM its circa 2900 not called to phase 2 at all...

I was circa 4000 last year and I’m nearing top of the list now. It could be a LONG wait but I was told at my interview that they have loads of vacancies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Claireyy wrote: »
    I was circa 4000 last year and I’m nearing top of the list now. It could be a LONG wait but I was told at my interview that they have loads of vacancies!

How do you know you are moving up the list, does the OOM change?

How do you know you are moving up the list, does the OOM change?

No, you just know from other people in the thread. You can contact PAS directly for updates and they’ll tell you how far along they are with your particular region. And I’ve really relied on people updating last year’s thread “I’ve just been placed and I was Batch 10 number 200 etc.”

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Hi does anyone know if you're in the top third with an oom of 2055 if we are going to be called for the aptitude test in Jan or do we have to wait now that they have done first batch and are they called for interviews and jobs filled? I was hoping to get called with first batch
    (TIA)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Moving2017

beenhad wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if you're in the top third with an oom of 2055 if we are going to be called for the aptitude test in Jan or do we have to wait now that they have done first batch and are they called for interviews and jobs filled? I was hoping to get called with first batch
    (TIA)

Your best bet is to call them and ask, they may be able to give you an indication but may not. There is a chance they will go through interviews with Batch 1 before moving down the OOM...

Essentially they start on number 1 and work their way through the list in Batches...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just got the result of this too. I went for this as sort of a dry run for the AO and was somewhere around 800 after stage 1. Just told Batch 1, OOM 150ish after stage two and I didn't really feel that I did anything hugely better or different in the supervised test to the unsupervised test. I'd have thought a big jump like that forward or back in OOM would be a bad thing.

Why the big jump - is it people pulling out or not showing up to the supervised test or is a better score in stage two weighted to be a higher OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

What's the basic pay? And is there overtime etc to bring your wages up a bit more?
    Your annual salary will start at the bottom of the scale: €22,879.

Some places will have overtime, depending on business needs, but most don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/civil-service-salary-scales-2017/ here is the salary link

I feel like people are saying different things when it comes to the interview. Some people are saying once you've the interview your basically in the job. Others saying interview difficult and can fail that.

Can anyone with experience shine some light on this. What type of questions should we expect to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Conqueror wrote: »
    Your annual salary will start at the bottom of the scale: €22,879.

Some places will have overtime, depending on business needs, but most don't.

According to impact its 23,565

http://www.impact.ie/your-sector/public-sector/civil-service/civil-service-salary-scales/civil-service-salary-scales-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Dont know any departments that have overtime at all. In my department you occasionally have to work beyond the flexi hours (or at weekends) but you get time in lieu for that, no extra money

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

If you sit the aptitude test once and then apply for another position, do you have to sit it again or results are stored in their database for future applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

Does anyone know if you get incremental credit for CO if you are currently working in an equivalent Public Sector pay grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I finished OOM 35 in batch 1 just wondering how long do people think the whole process will take to be offered a job will take to come around (provided the interview goes ok) and am I safe to say I’m in with a good shot of landing one of these roles?

If you're 35 in the OOM I'd say you'll be pretty quick with it! I'm 187 and pretty chuffed that its high up the list so will probably be relying on the likes of yourself who is higher up to give me a heads up about getting called! I'd say you'll be called for the first or second week of interviews, whenever those are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Does anyone know how many they hired last year ?

I just went over the message they sent me again confirming my place in the OOM and at the end it says the following:

Please note that interviews are expected to commence in February 2018

Has anyone got an invitation to interview for this one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

They said February

isabella5 wrote: »
    They said February

Interviews should commence in Feb but I assumed they'd be giving people a few weeks notice so I expect people quite high up on the list should start to hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

I wonder where the vacancies are, I've heard Peoplepoint....

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Interviews should commence in Feb but I assumed they'd be giving people a few weeks notice so I expect people quite high up on the list should start to hear soon

You usually get about two to three weeks notice. They were still interviewing from the 2016 panel last week so I’d say it’ll be another week or two before people hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Does anyone know how quickly they get through interviews? As in, if they call people for interviews in February, does anyone know how many they will call forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Birdy25

Does any one know how many are in Batch 1 for 2017?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Moving2017

PAS are the only ones that can answer that question with certainty...
    Birdy25 wrote: »
    Does any one know how many are in Batch 1 for 2017?

Advertisement