Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Claireyy wrote: »
    It's stuff like Amir buys lunch for €80. 9 lunches cost X amount. But Amir can get 12 lunches for X amount. Dessert is not included but if he wants dessert, it will cost this much extra. Breakfast costs this amount but if Amir buys X amount, he will get 10 discount.

How much discount will Amir get if he buys 5 lunches but only twice a month and one breakfast?

It's really convoluted and hard to grasp without re-reading the paragraph several times, imo, which obviously eats away at your timing.

PMSL how did you even remember that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

youre not alone my mind was frazzled and cant even remember how many i answered def skipped one or two sections. brain-numbing!

Same here done the tests last weeks maths was very tough was literally guessing the last couple of questions!

AC19 wrote: »
    Same here done the tests last weeks maths was very tough was literally guessing the last couple of questions!

You'd think we were going for top scale accountants job !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

L390 wrote: »
    PMSL how did you even remember that lol

I have no life.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

L390 wrote: »
    You'd think we were going for top scale accountants job !!!

Haha so true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

We were told we will get results end of December. It’s a long time to wait.

Anyone at the 1030 sitting today

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

I did the maths today and found it horrific tho I was an A student in (pass) maths years ago. I was wondering whether we all had the same test as I thought more people seemed upset today.

I was really worn out after it though I scored 12 or more in the practice tests....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

fin12 wrote: »
    We were told we will get results end of December. It’s a long time to wait.

were you @11:30 sitting? I thought that as well a long time for results especially all the results are in as everything is computerized and calculated there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

Claireyy wrote: »
    It's stuff like Amir buys lunch for €80. 9 lunches cost X amount. But Amir can get 12 lunches for X amount. Dessert is not included but if he wants dessert, it will cost this much extra. Breakfast costs this amount but if Amir buys X amount, he will get 10 discount.

How much discount will Amir get if he buys 5 lunches but only twice a month and one breakfast?

It's really convoluted and hard to grasp without re-reading the paragraph several times, imo, which obviously eats away at your timing.

Stop giving me bad flashbacks ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

I did the maths today and found it horrific tho I was an A student in (pass) maths years ago. I was wondering whether we all had the same test as I thought more people seemed upset today.

I was really worn out after it though I scored 12 or more in the practice tests....

Dont give up hope you only need to scrape the pass and get about 6 correct and it has no bearing on your overall OOM.

2016claire wrote: »
    were you @11:30 sitting? I thought that as well a long time for results especially all the results are in as everything is computerized and calculated there and then

Ya 11:30 yday.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Ya 11:30 yday.

today? ah ok i was in last Thursday and they told us same

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Did anyone get an indication as to when the results of the supervised tests would be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Moving2017 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an indication as to when the results of the supervised tests would be released?

In my assessment they said ‘in December’ but I know others were told specifically the end of December. So I believe it’ll be a couple of weeks before we hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

I don't think you'll get 'results' of how you did, but will hear in late December whether you are invited to the next stage (interview). I presume they would also message people to say they didn't get through - maybe!

RachelDDD wrote: »
    I don't think you'll get 'results' of how you did, but will hear in late December whether you are invited to the next stage (interview). I presume they would also message people to say they didn't get through - maybe!

I presume they would give us our score, as they did after stage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    I presume they would give us our score, as they did after stage one.

I'm hoping they don't! I did so badly at the Maths part, it would crush me to see the actual marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

I'm hoping they don't! I did so badly at the Maths part, it would crush me to see the actual marks :)

Haha, sorry to say that they give you the results whether you pass or fail, so either way, you will find out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Did anyone from the first group get the answer for Maths ?

• Advertisement

Did anyone from the first group get the answer for Maths ?

I was in the first group and no sign of results yet

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Moving2017

You certainly get results, the breakdown of results/scores provided following this stage will mirror that from the unsupervised tests.

Either way you will hear from them, I was curious as to if anyone had heard of an approx timeline.

You certainly get results, the breakdown of results/scores provided following this stage will mirror that from the unsupervised tests.

Either way you will hear from them, I was curious as to if anyone had heard of an approx timeline.

I think we would get the tallied score, as we did from stage 1 and then if we’re invited to a later stage I presume that will come in a subsequent message.

They did say it would be December when results are announced when I took my tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RadfordD

Does anyone know when the last tests are being held?  Someone mentioned the 9th December but are they still on this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Just called PAS and spoke to someone who said they would expect all the results of those tested so far to be released this week, which is great as I really want to know before Christmas just to have that off my mind :)

Just called PAS and spoke to someone who said they would expect all the results of those tested so far to be released this week, which is great as I really want to know before Christmas just to have that off my mind :)

I’d nearly prefer after Christmas cause if I’ve failed I’m going to pretty upset.

I’d nearly prefer after Christmas cause if I’ve failed I’m going to pretty upset.

Well, me too, but if it's before then at least we can stuff our faces and have all our family around us for cuddles :D

I doubt either of us will have failed just maybe not done as well as hoped, although that maths test was a biatch :eek: and I'm good at maths :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Results are out my OOM is 35 in batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rhodod

RESULTS ARE IN FOLKS, GOOD LUCK TO ALL:):)

• Advertisement

Results are out my OOM is 35 in batch 1

Hotdamn, you're quick off the mark :D obviously why you got such a good OOM too smarty pants, congratulations!

I'm batch 1 too but mid 200's which I'm pretty pleased about. No break down of the actual results yet, just the new OOMs and the batch number.

Good to know that the interviews will start in February, gives us some time to prepare but not too far away.

Advertisement