Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit UFO caught on video?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Peregrine wrote: »
    Your ability to sense depth from a 2D image is nothing short of remarkable.

Alien, one might say.

It don't look that far away to me.

The Helicopter is not that far away from the object.

Can you show me a balloon that would match the size we see on this video, It's entirely possible this is a balloon, but there has to be balloon examples online?

I'm telling you that no pilot would go anywhere near an unidentified large object. That's just a fact, whether you want to believe it or not.

If you really want to be provided with pictures of balloons,
    here's a jumbo black latex balloon, apparently there are lots of sizes that can be ordered and not just standard balloons are sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I saw a more transparent version of that in Wicklow recently, assumed it was a big balloon of some sort, took a snap on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

It looks like an advertising balloon thingies. (Proper name that) that has come loose.

Candie wrote: »
    I'm telling you that no pilot would go anywhere near an unidentified large object. That's just a fact, whether you want to believe it or not.

If you really want to be provided with pictures of balloons,
    here's a jumbo black latex balloon, apparently there are lots of sizes that can be ordered and not just standard balloons are sold.

So you can't find anything to match the size of the object. Just another person with a explanation and nothing to back this up with, i see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I lost my grip on a Leisureplex balloon about 15 years ago. Not saying that's it but wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

So you can't find anything to match the size of the object. Just another person with a explanation and nothing to back this up with, i see.

You've had literal pilots explaining this to you...

You're insisting it's a large object. It's not. it's in the foreground of the video, the helicopter is very clearly in the background. It's perfectly obvious, though you appear unwilling to accept that.

It's not a large object with a helicopter flying within '5 to 10 feet' of it, and no pilot would fly even a fraction that close.

I will never understand the obsession with UFOs and weird objects in the sky equals UFO's for sure. I am obsessed with tea but I don't thing everything I see in the sky that I can't explain is a giant teabag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

1950s to 1990s crap cameras and they are in the kitchen drawer.Fookin aliens everywhere.

2003 to 2017 a billion or 2 cameras that don't leave people's hands.No fookin aliens.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    You're insisting it's a large object. It's not. it's in the foreground of the video, the helicopter is very clearly in the background. It's perfectly obvious, though you appear unwilling to accept that.

It's not a large object with a helicopter flying within '5 to 10 feet' of it, and no pilot would fly even a fraction that close.

It's not tiny, it looks comparable in size with the helicopter. When the helicopter circled it did not appear bigger. It's an unidentified flying object. The most probably explanation it is a man made object. Anyway i leave to you guys to debate about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's not tiny, it looks comparable in size with the helicopter. When the helicopter circled it did not appear bigger. It's an unidentified flying object. The most probably explanation it is a man made object. Anyway i leave to you guys to debate about it.

I think what Candie is saying is that it's impossible the object was the same size as the helicopter if that was the case the helicopter would not fly near it due to safely reasons.

Sometimes it's difficult to judge size when distance is involved but that object is not the same size as the helicopter, that's why you can see the balloon more clear than the actual helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you clearly are not familiar with the concept of perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I suppose you also believe that it was full of little green men with big heads :rolleyes:

The helicopter did not circle it. The helicopter is in the background, it's in the foreground considerably closer to the camera.

It's shaped like a balloon, moves like a balloon and looks like a balloon.

Chances are, it's a balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

caniask86 wrote: »
    I will never understand the obsession with UFOs and weird objects in the sky equals UFO's for sure. I am obsessed with tea but I don't thing everything I see in the sky that I can't explain is a giant teabag.

Well, it’s a sadly familiar sort of internet attention-seeking behaviour.

Couple that with all of the bizarre typing, spelling, and grammatical errors, and it’s pretty clear what sort of person engages in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Which is bigger, the moon or a watermelon?

A moon sized watermelon > Deimos

Academic wrote: »
    Well, it’s a sadly familiar sort of internet attention-seeking behaviour.

Couple that with all of the bizarre typing, spelling, and grammatical errors, and it’s pretty clear what sort of person engages in this.

Ugh not so sure about that. I often make terrible spelling errors and not so great with the auld grammar. I would be on the mindset that spelling and grammar is a measure of how good you are at English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

It has to be a UFO, there's no other possible explanation.
    I don't know much about science, but I know what I like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Could be the the owners of FRB121102, but they showed up rather quick from 3bn lt-lys away.
    Then again the last time the white coats got an interesting Fast-Radio-Burst, turned out it was the microwave from their canteen!

Joking aisde, have seen the same as some of the above, last year about three silver balls going unique opposing paths before vanishing.

Back in the late-80's seen a large pair of silent black triangles, with non flashing lights.
    This was about the same time lots of local farmers had their animals interfered with.

Could be the the owners of FRB121102, but they showed up rather quick from 3bn lt-lys away.
    Then again the last time the white coats got an interesting Fast-Radio-Burst, turned out it was the microwave from their canteen!

Joking aisde, have seen the same as some of the above, last year about three silver balls going unique opposing paths before vanishing.

Back in the late-80's seen a large pair of silent black triangles, with non flashing lights.
    This was about the same time lots of local farmers had their animals interfered with.

Accusing farmers of 'interfering' with their animals is a bit passé now lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I suppose you also believe that it was full of little green men with big heads :rolleyes:

Maybe it had small white men and they had a prescription wind screen with a green lense.....

Sam Kade wrote: »

I have experienced UFO's, but i not be telling you close minded people about it! I don't know what the object is but i am open to other possibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Accusing farmers of 'interfering' with their animals is a bit passé now lad.

This wasn't the regular sort of animal friendship sort of thing that was reported in the local newspapers. Was more of the internal organ removal type thing. From memory, think a couple of moo cows were turned inside out, needless to say the owners weren't overjoyed with the green/grey men doing such things.

I have experienced UFO's, but i not be telling you close minded people about it! I don't know what the object is but i am open to other possibilities.

Why not share your experiences with us, we're all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

In the recording he said it looks like an eyeball. This seems similar...

http://www.instructables.com/id/In-a-Blimp-of-an-Eye/

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Why not share your experiences with us, we're all ears.

What would be the point? If you are a skeptic you not going to believe anything i say.

I don't believe in the existence of Aliens although just because I don't believe in them doesn't mean they don't exist. I like facts and science and explanations and proof.

People used to believe the earth was flat until it was proven otherwise. I am open to be learning and changing my mind but only when it's proved.

• Advertisement

This wasn't the regular sort of animal friendship sort of thing that was reported in the local newspapers. Was more of the internal organ removal type thing. From memory, think a couple of moo cows were turned inside out, needless to say the owners weren't overjoyed with the green/grey men doing such things.

I hear what you're saying, though with one minor quibble.
    I'm not sure if the 'animal friendship sort of thing' of which you speak should ever be 'regularised' as such.
    I think there might be some 'consent issues' for starters, but I suppose we're part of the EU now so when in Rome etc.

Advertisement