Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legit UFO caught on video?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Anybody remember the footage of the UFO in Turkey in 2008?

That video was analysed over and over again and it passed all the tests as real footage. You could even see the little feckers heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Probably military tech. God knows what top secret stuff they are tinkering around with. But we'll probably never really know. In the age of CGI and drones etc it is getting very difficult to know what is really going on in such footage. Having said all that those aliens are probably whizzing by us everyday and we'd never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The helicopter clearly does a half circle to look at it.

Half It never passes between camera and object. The chopper is never in the foreground. What part of that don't you get??

I just going to point out the object looks to be bigger than the helicopter It's not a balloon you buy at a local shop and its not moving so i don't believe it is a balloon.

It looks like a weather balloon. Weather balloons are inflated with helium, which is lighter than air so it floats up. A change in how air molecules move due to changes in density, convection and air currents can cause pressure change that can make a balloon look like it's not moving upwards because the upward motion is counteracted. Another change in atmospheric (barometric) pressure will break the pattern and it'll move on its merry way again.

That film shows the balloon in the foreground and the helicopter in the background so the perspective is skewed.

It's a balloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Half It never passes between camera and object. What part of that don't you get??

Do you know what half circle is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Do you think it was the North Koreans flying it?

Do you know what a hoax is?

Do you know what a hoax is?

Why is it hoax or this just a opinion?

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Do you think it was the North Koreans flying it?

Yawn, next.

Because weather balloons and Chinese lanterns have a long history of being assumed to be of alien origin. So random YouTube videos are pretty crap proof of anything.

• Advertisement

The helicopter is clearly some distance behind the balloon, that's the reason why it doesn't pass in front. I don't even know what you mean by a half circle, unless you mean it flew in a U shape and reversed (which it can't do). And it is a balloon, most likely a weather balloon.

Candie wrote: »
    The helicopter is clearly some distance behind the balloon, that's the reason why it doesn't pass in front. I don't even know what you mean by a half circle, unless you mean it flew in a U shape and reversed (which it can't do). And it is a balloon, most likely a weather balloon.

He keeps ignoring the point that the chopper never passed into the foreground and the perspective is clearly all wrong.

Helicopter came from the right and turned just like this, and ended up left side.
    https://cdn-business2.discourse.org/uploads/webflow1/original/3X/d/8/d82cc9221c6727be58d33a0e7dc0fbdee3082784.png

Helicopter came from the right and turned just like this, and ended up left side.
    https://cdn-business2.discourse.org/uploads/webflow1/original/3X/d/8/d82cc9221c6727be58d33a0e7dc0fbdee3082784.png

And at no point did it pass in front of the object, so its distance from it is impossible to gauge. That means without the helicopter for scale that it's all but impossible to tell if it's a little weather balloon, close to the camera or a bigger one further away. What we can tell from the helicopter is that it's not a huge object at all.

It's a weather balloon caught in a pressure pattern and appearing not to move, or move slowly, there's no mystery here.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Because weather balloons and Chinese lanterns have a long history of being assumed to be of alien origin. So random YouTube videos are pretty crap proof of anything.

Chinese Lanterns look like this so it not the object. I have never seen an Chinese lantern, the same size of a helicopter have you?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01696/Chinese-lanterns-
    _1696571c.jpg

I don't see a rope attached to the object? We don't know what is that's why we call it a UFO!

Chinese Lanterns look like this so it not the object. I have never seen an Chinese lantern, the same size of a helicopter have you?

_1696571c.jpg

I don't see a rope attached to the object? We don't know what is that why we call it a UFO!
    A poster literally just did a perfectly reasonable explanation of it... Instead aliens!

Will you address the point that it never passed into the foreground? It never circled the entire object - very odd if you were examining it and it is clearly much further away from the object. Indeed, the people in the helicopter probably weren't even looking at it, as they are too far from it.

Goodnight Irene, goodnight.

And at no point did it pass in front of the object, so its distance from it is impossible to gauge. That means without the helicopter for scale that it's all but impossible to tell if it's a little weather balloon, close to the camera or a bigger one further away. What we can tell from the helicopter is that it's not a huge object at all.

It's a weather balloon caught in a pressure pattern and appearing not to move, or move slowly, there's no mystery here.

It's right beside the helicopter are you blind, it literally only 5 to 10 feet away. Anyway take from it what you like, it's interesting video nevertheless.

_1696571c.jpg

I don't see a rope attached to the object? We don't know what is that's why we call it a UFO!

You can't use the helicopter for perspective, it's in the background by quite a distance.

There are also balloon borne pollution probes sent up fairly frequently. Their function is to test air quality and they don't have ropes dangling.

Which, lets face it, is a far more likely explanation than a UFO.

It's right beside the helicopter are you blind, it literally only 5 to 10 feet away. Anyway take from it what you like, it's interesting video nevertheless.

I'm a qualified helicopter pilot. If I saw something as big as you seem to think that is, something unidentifed and huge, do you really think I'd fly within feet of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Clearly thats just an eye ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

It's clever of the aliens to make their craft look like a weather baloon. Stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Pity he didn't have time to finished filming this once in a lifetime event.

Game of thrones must have been starting or something.

You can't use the helicopter for perspective, it's in the background by quite a distance.

There are also balloon borne pollution probes sent up fairly frequently. They're function is to test air quality and they don't have ropes dangling.

Which, lets face it, is a far more likely explanation than a UFO.

The Helicopter is not that far away from the object.

Can you show me a balloon that would match the size we see on this video, It's entirely possible this is a balloon, but there has to be balloon examples online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Feckin meteorologists. You think by now they'd attach a big sign saying " this is a weather balloon. There is no need to be alarmed"

I think they get a kick out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Can you show me a balloon that would match the size we see on this video, It's entirely possible this is a balloon, but there has to be balloon examples online?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=high+altitude+balloon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAhO_2sYfWAhWHIcAKHTcIA60Q_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=646

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Your ability to sense depth from a 2D image is nothing short of remarkable.

Alien, one might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Which is bigger, the moon or a watermelon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

A few months back I saw loads of things just like this in the sky grouped together at first but kind of drifting off in different directions. Another time I saw one by itself. Couldn't really see them any clearer with binoculars. I just presumed there was some rational explanation like a weather balloon or something to do with the numerous military bases around here. Was it really aliens?!

Advertisement