Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Still has to qualify yet

He’s entered Punchestown and form of race working out well. I’d be concerned about lack of race experience for 8yr old but he’s in the right hands

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

danganabu wrote: »
    Un de Sceaux is definitely the most under rated horse in training. Don't understand it myself :confused:

Agree with you. If he was in pink or green and yellow silks he wouldn't be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Noel Fehily to ride Our Duke in the Gold Cup

Mr321 wrote: »
    Out of all the above mentioned you know who I'd be looking forward to seeing the most Bellshill.

Good job I didn't hold my breath waiting to see Bells

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hmmmm, he did seem to be back in business on Saturday but a GC at this stage seems a step too far. I see in the same article that Harty says they learned nothing from the race. Christ, I'd a thought that they learned he hasn't got the pace for that distance at top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im getting a little sick and tired of this Cue Card story.

Twitter annd most media rampant with his gallant second blah blah blah but **** all about what really should have been a wonderful story about the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Noel Fehily to ride Our Duke in the Gold Cup

Great booking, better rider than Power and one of the best riders of chasers in the business to my eye, might help Our duke brush up his jumping.

That's absolutely ridiculous, he ran the best race yesterday within the last year and retirement should have been announced straight away. But since it wasn't I'd fear he will be in the GC as pushed by Tizzard not the owner as stated as it would be a perfect pacemaker for Native River. That's how he's looking at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I hope cue card wins the gc for 2 reasons.
    1. To annoy Slattsy
    2. To see Alice Plunketts Climax face.......

• Advertisement

I hope cue card wins the gc for 2 reasons.
    1. To annoy Slattsy
    2. To see Alice Plunketts Climax face.......

[edit]

Sexism
    Sexism and sexist comments will not be tolerated. Refrain from making sexist jokes, degrading, slagging or dismissing of women whether you think it's funny or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Our Duke doesn’t jump well enough to win a Gold Cup and Presenting Percy is massively overrated imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Im getting a little sick and tired of this Cue Card story.

Twitter annd most media rampant with his gallant second blah blah blah but **** all about what really should have been a wonderful story about the winner.

We seem to be in the minority, never understood the love affair with this horse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Samcro confirmed for the Ballymore

EICVD wrote: »
    We seem to be in the minority, never understood the love affair with this horse.

Up the Dubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

The Mig wrote: »
    Samcro confirmed for the Ballymore

:D This makes me happy €€€

This time 3 weeks I'll be sitting down to my first pint of Guinness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Slattsy wrote:
    This time 3 weeks I'll be sitting down to my first pint of Guinness

A late breakfast then? Or is that when you get to the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Probably be thinking about walking to course , and all the winners I'll have ( before they start anyway)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Yanworth to the Stayers Hurdle

• Advertisement

This time 3 weeks I will be looking at a pint, belly full of grease, starting to doubt myself and wonder why I went so large on Getabird Footpad Apples Jade treble
    Why didnt I include Buevair Dair, Have i over estimated Footpad.....etc.etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Bunch of bastard$. I could only get half days :mad:

Earendil wrote: »
    Bunch of bastard$. I could only get half days :mad:
    Soon as leave calendar for 2018 was available I was straight on booking the week off.
    Safe than sorry!
    I honestly would spend the week and the month prior too it crying if i couldnt get it off

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Soon as leave calendar for 2018 was available I was straight on booking the week off.
    Safe than sorry!
    I honestly would spend the week and the month prior too it crying if i couldnt get it off

That's been my philosophy for past 12 years. Can't imagine what it's like to be working that week.
    This time three weeks I'll be sitting down to the ITV coverage, pulling my hair out trying to figure out what will beat Getabird in the Supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Racegoers tent on the outskirts of the course. Good Guinness while picking out the placepot.

Can't wait!

That's been my philosophy for past 12 years. Can't imagine what it's like to be working that week.
    This time three weeks I'll be sitting down to the ITV coverage, pulling my hair out trying to figure out what will beat Getabird in the Supreme.

Let me help you there.......

Nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Half day Tuesday & Wednesday, then I'll be sitting in Terminal 2 watching Thursday racing before boarding a flight to Birmingham!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Working the Monday and then on the 6.05 flight to Birmingham that evening for the first two days of racing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

There all 4 days. Cannot wait. I tried to work one year and that failed miserably. If I don’t go I just take the week off and stay at home and watch it

• Advertisement

Let me help you there.......

Nothing!!

Is Nothing running? Who trains him? Do you think hell place or is he just one of half a dozen that will beat Getabird?

Advertisement