Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2017*** (R1 points in first post)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nanook5 wrote: »
    You have to accept this offer and then if points reduce/a space becomes available you get a round two offer. If you accept the round two offer, it cancels out the round 1 offer .
    Yes.
    nanook5 wrote: »
    If you don't accept anything , you will not get any more offers AFAIK
    Incorrect, you will get an offer in R2 *IF* you become entitled to one ... but remember, the majority of students don't get a R2 offer.
    Lala1639 wrote: »
    Are you sure I have to accept my current offer and then wait to see if I get an offer in the second round?
    You don't "have to", but if you don't, and if you aren't lucky enough to get an R2 offer, you're in trouble.

Your R1 offer will cease to be an option at the end of R1, unless you accept it.
    EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Round 2 offers aren't available until 6am on the 31st of August (next Thursday)... Round 2 offers can't be offered until after Round 1 closes, and they see what the situation is with available places left on a given course! Acceptance of Round 1 offers must be in before 28th August by 5:15pm (next Monday).
    If you accept the Round 1 offer, you could still be offered something in Round 2. If you do not accept the Round 1 offer, that offer is gone, and you still might not get another offer in Round 2!!
    Spot on, Emz.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kaneki

For LCVP, what does the grade, OF mean? Is that a fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

My friend failed to meet her entry requirement for Irish this year.

She met the requirements last year, does this mean she will receive an offer as she met them last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bubble6

Does CAO send an email when you accept your course??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

Bubble6 wrote: »
    Does CAO send an email when you accept your course??

Yes, I got an e-mail after I accepted my course

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Kaneki wrote: »
    For LCVP, what does the grade, OF mean? Is that a fail?

I've never come across that. Does it not explain the grades at the bottom of the results sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Anybody able to help with this?

My friend has gotten an offer for his second choice, marine science in NUIG. He also got a level 7 offer for a course in GMIT (applied biology and pharmaceuticals). He hasn't accepted either yet.

He's sitting the maths entrance exam tomorrow I think in the hopes of getting his first choice, engineering in NUIG.

He's doubtful he's going to get an offer for the engineering, but he doesn't really want to do marine science either, and he doesn't want to take the GMIT course because he already has accommodation sorted for NUIG.

He's wondering could he accept the marine science NUIG, and then move into undenominated science from that once college starts.

I'm figuring he could, seeing as both courses have the same first year anyway (biology, chemistry and physics) and the same minimum entry requirements. On top of this undenominated science is lower points than marine science.

What kind of wiggle room do colleges have for this sort of stuff? It's not like he wants to move from science into engineering or anything. He just wants to move from one science course into another. Can this be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Anybody able to help with this?

My friend has gotten an offer for his second choice, marine science in NUIG. He also got a level 7 offer for a course in GMIT (applied biology and pharmaceuticals). He hasn't accepted either yet.

He's sitting the maths entrance exam tomorrow I think in the hopes of getting his first choice, engineering in NUIG.

He's doubtful he's going to get an offer for the engineering, but he doesn't really want to do marine science either, and he doesn't want to take the GMIT course because he already has accommodation sorted for NUIG.

He's wondering could he accept the marine science NUIG, and then move into undenominated science from that once college starts.

I'm figuring he could, seeing as both courses have the same first year anyway (biology, chemistry and physics) and the same minimum entry requirements. On top of this undenominated science is lower points than marine science.

What kind of wiggle room do colleges have for this sort of stuff? It's not like he wants to move from science into engineering or anything. He just wants to move from one science course into another. Can this be done?

This can usually be done when the you meet the minimum entry requirements and have the points for the course you want to transfer into especially into a big course like general science. He's better off giving them a call though, just to be safe.

He should concentrate on his maths exam for now.

It's pretty likely they'll let him transfer if it comes to that based on the info you give.

Even if he had to do first year Marine Science, he could still transfer at the end of First Year ... and hell, he might even decide that he liked MS!
    Lala1639 wrote: »
    My friend failed to meet her entry requirement for Irish this year.

She met the requirements last year, does this mean she will receive an offer as she met them last year?
    If she met the requirements last year, it should carry over ... but if so, is there a reason she didn't get the offer in R1?

• Advertisement
Advertisement