Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2017*** (R1 points in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

HEAR brought my up the 3 points I needed for my course thank god 😅 Such a relief! TCD here I come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

My course dropped by 70 points, pissed into it and I'm delighted

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    HEAR brought my up the 3 points I needed for my course thank god 😅 Such a relief! TCD here I come!!
    You should have a very good chance.

:p:D
    My course dropped by 70 points, pissed into it and I'm delighted
    But there's a college rule that you have to be in Arts to indulge in watersports, X6!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

But there's a college rule that you have to be in Arts to indulge in watersports, X6!!

😇😇

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I got nothing at all and have enough points for the two I put down.

On your CAO do you have you LC exam number for every year you did the leaving cert? And did you meet the minimum entry requirements AND the points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Well sh1t I just realised I made a balls of that. I didn't include my exam number from 2015 so they can't see that I've passed english and irish which I didn't repeat last year. Well if anyone needs me I'll be in my room crying. Well done to everyone that got what they were hoping for.

Soolander wrote: »
    Well sh1t I just realised I made a balls of that. I didn't include my exam number from 2015 so they can't see that I've passed english and irish which I didn't repeat last year. Well if anyone needs me I'll be in my room crying. Well done to everyone that got what they were hoping for.

Ring/email them and they will sort it out for you I'd say!

Daragh's right, less crying, more trying to sort it out! ;)

C'mon, we don't want to know what you do in your room when no-one's around!! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

daraghwal wrote: »
    On your CAO do you have you LC exam number for every year you did the leaving cert? And did you meet the minimum entry requirements AND the points?

I have the LC exam number for my exam last year, which is the only year I did the LC. I definitely meet points and minimum entry requirements. In fact, both choices went down in points.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

C'mon, we don't want to know what you do in your room when no-one's around!! >_>

So do you think there's still hope or am I going to have to wait another year?

Lol I'm sure people have a fair idea:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lol I'm sure people have a fair idea:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't have, I'm an innocent little angel! ;)

And all those emails from Nigeria promising you millions of pounds are real, right?! ;)
    So do you think there's still hope or am I going to have to wait another year?
    I don't know, lad.

But my experience of the CAO is that if they can help without being unfair to someone else, they will.

Talking to them can't hurt; not communicating with them gives no-one the opportunity to help! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Fishy1 wrote: »
    @Randylonghorn,

As the mother of 3 students who have gone through the torture of leaving cert / CAO offers etc I'd just like to say thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into this section of Boards.

You've shown great patience & kindness to the Boardsies and have helped make sense of the complicated world that is Leaving Cert year.

Thanks for everything, over and out :D

PS Spurious, you're in there too! Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Ditto - I could have written the above post (I fell back to sleep at 6.10 this morning - must be age setting in !! I've 3 kids gone thru the systems too . between the LC threads and the learning to drive threads, the 2 of ye are great with your time and information. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

Thanks so much to these two for effectively holding all our hands during these stressful times as well as probably answering the same 4 questions every year. Much appreciated. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

I'm a bit confused. Got letter from cao, on it I have 10 Level 8 courses and 1 level 7. For my first preference (which I got), it says your score "978" and for seconds preference "979", for 8th preference "979". For the rest it is 532 (which is my points). For Level 7 for "your score " it says 9795. Any explanation?

dorado99 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. Got letter from cao, on it I have 10 Level 8 courses and 1 level 7. For my first preference (which I got), it says your score "978" and for seconds preference "979", for 8th preference "979". For the rest it is 532 (which is my points). For Level 7 for "your score " it says 9795. Any explanation?
    HEAR!!!!!

I need sleep now, I'm seeing double / in silly mode at this stage, but ... HEAR!

The extra "points" are HEAR scoring, they do their own thing, don't try to figure it out, I haven't yet!! >_>

It generally seems to work / get the job done ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Got my offer for Veterinary Medicine in UCD some I'm absolutely delighted ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kungr

Hi, can anyone tell me if it's possible to reject a place offered by HEAR and instead accept a standard place. I don't see any mention of reduced points in the offer, so I'm assuming I meet the entry requirements any way.

Thanks.

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Got my offer for Veterinary Medicine in UCD some I'm absolutely delighted ☺

I will see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LSP

Congrats guys! I'm in the grad entry course. You'll have so much fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

I'm assuming Randy is resting after that marathon.

God bless that man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

Should I be expecting something in the post from the college in a few days time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Just wondering, how is it possible for people, to wait on their round 2 offers, does it not pass the deadline off round one acceptance, so if you rely on getting round 2 and you don't get it, are you not essentially left with nothing at the end.
    Because I have an offer, but I am hoping that I might get my course that I wanted in round 2, but I also don't want to reject this offer and wait for round 2 and get not offer at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Just wondering, how is it possible for people, to wait on their round 2 offers, does it not pass the deadline off round one acceptance, so if you rely on getting round 2 and you don't get it, are you not essentially left with nothing at the end.
    Because I have an offer, but I am hoping that I might get my course that I wanted in round 2, but I also don't want to reject this offer and wait for round 2 and get not offer at the end.

You have to accept this offer and then if points reduce/a space becomes available you get a round two offer. If you accept the round two offer, it cancels out the round 1 offer . If you don't accept anything , you will not get any more offers AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

Got primary teaching and psychology... I can't believe my luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

nanook5 wrote: »
    You have to accept this offer and then if points reduce/a space becomes available you get a round two offer. If you accept the round two offer, it cancels out the round 1 offer . If you don't accept anything , you will not get any more offers AFAIK

Round 2 offers are out next Monday after 6am and it said I have until Monday at 5:15pm to accept my course. If I didn't accept the course I'm currently offered and waited until round 2 would I not get another offer if points went down in second round?

Are you sure I have to accept my current offer and then wait to see if I get an offer in the second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mbh008

Does anybody know how long it takes for nuig to send me an acceptance email
    I just accepted an offer from them and was wondering when I could get the registration procedures

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shezzaholmes

mbh008 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it takes for nuig to send me an acceptance email
    I just accepted an offer from them and was wondering when I could get the registration procedures

Nuig should be sending out information letters in the next few days, and on their website it says we can register from the 24th onwards! http://nuigalway.ie/reg/reghelp_home.html/newstudentundergrad/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Lala1639 wrote: »
    Round 2 offers are out next Monday after 6am and it said I have until Monday at 5:15pm to accept my course. If I didn't accept the course I'm currently offered and waited until round 2 would I not get another offer if points went down in second round?

Are you sure I have to accept my current offer and then wait to see if I get an offer in the second round?

Round 2 offers aren't available until 6am on the 31st of August (next Thursday)... Round 2 offers can't be offered until after Round 1 closes, and they see what the situation is with available places left on a given course! Acceptance of Round 1 offers must be in before 28th August by 5:15pm (next Monday).
    If you accept the Round 1 offer, you could still be offered something in Round 2. If you do not accept the Round 1 offer, that offer is gone, and you still might not get another offer in Round 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

In relation to round 2, I had noticed from past posts, not many people get round 2 offers, I got offered a place in a course which from the looks of it, I might end up taking, but would prefer pharmacy,dentistry or even economics and finance. It all depends on who drops out or stays in doesn't it.
    I was shy around 20 points in my course in UCC, but HEAR helped me out, I got 490, and I checked UCC HEAR requirements, it says you must need atleast 85% of the points, which I counted to 491.3, so I guess I just wait, and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Me jus der reflecting on what could have been if I hadn't changed my cao :P

Advertisement