Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Sky News saying 2 armed men enter a restaurant .. bloody hell ..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

****ing hell some of those videos on Twitter. Another dark day. reading reports of a shootout at a restaurant nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Not good
    zerohedge‏ @zerohedge · 2m2 minutes ago

 More

Van Plows Into Barcelona Pedestrians In "Terrorist Attack" Killing Two; Armed Men Enter Restaurant http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-17/van-plows-crowd-people-barcelonas-city-center-many-injured

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    Just saw a video on twitter of the aftermath. It's a massacre, dead kids.
    Shocking footage...to see kids in the footage is sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Welcome to merkels modern day europe

• Advertisement

If this is yet another deliberate case of ramming a vehicle into a crowd of unsuspecting/innocent pedestrians, it is worrying.

I'm not talking about religion here, at all, just the means which humans employ to inflict damage on others in situations like this.

At least with guns and bombs, they are an obvious, stand-out danger. Those who use them illegally have to go to great lengths to be secretive. The public know that if they see anyone else in the streets handling firearms who aren't a member of the police/army, then they're likely in danger.

What's the thinking for keeping an eye out for this sort of thing though? You basically can't. We the public can't, and I imagine it's not going to be much easier for the authorities to either.

Just hearing on Newstalk as I type this that there are now two confirmed dead. Also...this has been confirmed as a terrorist attack and there are reportedly two men with guns on the loose, possibly holed up in a restaurant now...I hope this situation is resolved asap with with no more casualties.

My reason for writing this in the first place still applies - This new method of using vehicles as weapons of mass destruction is frightfully hard to plan against.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

feargale wrote: »
    How does murph know that they're not hungry duck shooters gone for a snack?

Different story now.

I just like to wait for more info before jumping to conclusions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Saw at least 3 or 4 people I would say are certainly dead, they looked it anyway, a few kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Danzy wrote: »
    Seems it is being described now as a Cultural diversity incident, reports that 2 men may have entered a restaurant, nothing known further about that.

There have been a lot of incidents and attempts over the last 2 weeks, not that one would hear about it much, seems like there may be an escalation starting.

Cultural diversity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cervantes2

Wonder how long before we have an opinion article in The Irish Times blaming it on the crusades, Granada and the Reconquista....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Vehicular emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The police there say it's a terrorist attack

Really wish I hadn't checked out the footage. Feckin Jesuits eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Jesus Christ, I have family members living there and my friends are just back from a.holiday . I hope they are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The restaurant is a Kosher one, so the police need to get in to it as quickly as possible as the people there are not going to get out alive otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Cervantes2 wrote: »
    Wonder how long before we have an opinion article in The Irish Times blaming it on the crusades, Granada and the Reconquista....:rolleyes:

But Trump is the bad guy, because he didn't say the KKK were bad enough ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What bollox are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Reuters reporting two armed men have entrenched themselves in the restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ah feck it - HITLER

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

They will behead the Jews, so they need to just get in ASAP.

• Advertisement

Just the Moors retaking Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Apparently the word snackbar was heard?

Strange this hasn't been heard yet. Usually if it's one of the first things you hear about. Unless it's not the usual suspect, or the tactics have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Crazy. I was only on that street a couple months ago in June.. Remember feeling slightly uneasy thinking how it would make an "ideal" target spot for terrorists as its always so packed with people. Sad reality of today's world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I saw facebook comments like that straight away on articles breaking the story. Absolutely pathetic carry on…

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

ricero wrote: »
    Welcome to merkels modern day europe

It's just part of living in a big city

It's just part of living in a big city

Part and Parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

"Journalist" from dublinlive.ie just on LBC reporting from the scene, she seems more concerned with getting her luggage for her flight as she was heading back to airport. She keeps referring to it as an "alleged incident"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Airplanes are no longer terrorist's weapons of choice. It's far easier and more effective to use transport on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

2 lone wolves this time,mental health issues........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Be careful what ye say folks, we don't want to offend the religion of peace.

No one has done wrong sh1t in the name of christianity thanks be ta god.

Advertisement