Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

murpho999 wrote: »
    Of course it should not be happening. They are awful.

I just feel that this does not give people the right to come on here and say that all muslims are terrorists.

Look at the list of attacks that was posted earlier. The vast majority happen in muslim countries and more muslims are killed but of course those attacks never warrant a thread here.

I dont recall anyone saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Of course it should not be happening. They are awful.

I just feel that this does not give people the right to come on here and say that all muslims are terrorists.

Look at the list of attacks that was posted earlier. The vast majority happen in muslim countries and more muslims are killed but of course those attacks never warrant a thread here.

Of course no one said that, but you don't worry too much about facts, do you?
    As to your second paragraph, now doesn't that tell you something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Lengthy thread on what?

The alt-right and antifa violence in Charlottlesville.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gravelly wrote: »
    A thousand times more mature and well argued than your attempts to deflect blame and minimise mass murder.

Where have I tired to deflect blame?

Terrorists are responsible for this attack who use Islam as an excuse.

1.5 Billion Muslims who live in this world are not all responsible simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Vehicle runs into a load of people causing devastating injuries and loss of life.

Apparently only worthy of a thread in After Hours if the driver was a Muslim and not a Trump-loving right-wing muppet by the name of James.

Didn't notice the usual suspects - Kew Tour, Snake Plisken, Danzy, Richard Hillman etc etc - too vocal about Charlottesville.

Lol.

Saying if the man in Charlottesville was found guilty and I think he is, then he should get the chair, I also said i wouldn't condemn anyone for working over the Nazis with an Iron bar but I qualified that by hoping Antifa would be included as well, both of them are the same type that leads to mass murder etc.

• Advertisement

Most recently, here:

1.5 Billion Muslims who live in this world are not all responsible simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

So can I take it that one of the most famous pedestrian streets in the world hadn't security bollards at it's entrances? If so, that stands as gross negligence and naivety on the part of city officials and they should be duly hung out to dry. Do they really believe that being Spanish/Catalan somehow doesn't make them a target? If any good comes from this horror, it will be to wake these fools up!

Gravelly wrote: »
    Most recently, here:

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I dont recall anyone saying that.

Islam must be stopped etc. etc. would give one that impression. The vast majority of Muslims are no different from Christians with various sects in exactly the same way Christians do.

The thing that scares people about Islam isn't the terrorists for the most part it's the change they bring to the culture of a country. I wish people would be a little more honest on that front. The solution would seem to be a secularism, but of course there's a difference secular cultures too so that doesn't allay fears of change either.

At the end of the day the popular opinion will always be the simplistic one, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Somedude9 wrote: »
    So can I take it that one of the most famous pedestrian streets in the world hadn't security bollards at it's entrances? If so, that stands as gross negligence and naivety on the part of city officials. Do they really believe that being Spanish/Catalan somehow doesn't make them a target? If any good comes from this horror, it will be to wake these fools up!
    its a working street with access needed by taxis , delivery drivers etc. , its not Downing street .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ok put your money where your mouth is and tell us who said ALL Muslims are responsible for this ?

And yes someone did say that more muslims have to come out to let the terrorists and their sympathisers are not doing it in their name.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    The alt-right and antifa violence in Charlottlesville.

Yeah I've posted in that thread a dozen times.

Congratulations for missing my points, I'll spell them out slowly:

1. Why was the thread about Charlottesville shunted to the politics forum? It was a right-wing terror attack, almost the mirror image of today where someone rammed a vehicle into innocent people causing massive injuries and loss-of-life.

Either they both belong in politics forum or neither does. Shameful false equivalency being set that it only matters if it's the radical Islamists doing the murdering.

2. Where was Snake Plisken and Gravelly and all the other anti-Islam haters in the Charlottesville thread?

Oh yeah. Nowhere. Not one post by any of them about that incident or about Heather Heyer and all the rest who were injured because it doesn't suit their narrative when it's a far-right-wing clown doing the murdering.

You're all pathetic.

MOD: Banned

Islam must be stopped etc. etc. would give one that impression. The vast majority of Muslims are no different from Christians with various sects in exactly the same way Christians do.

The thing that scares people about Islam isn't the terrorists for the most part it's the change they bring to the culture of a country. I wish people would be a little more honest on that front. The solution would seem to be a secularism, but of course there's a difference secular cultures too so that doesn't allay fears of change either.

At the end of the day the popular opinion will always be the simplistic one, unfortunately.

So..nobody actually said all muslims are terrorists then...good glad you cleared that up..save your preaching for someone who will fall for your boll0x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

13 confirmed dead and 50 injured.

RIP to all the victims. You certainly did not deserve to die like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Somedude9 wrote: »
    So can I take it that one of the most famous pedestrian streets in the world hadn't security bollards at it's entrances? If so, that stands as gross negligence and naivety on the part of city officials. Do they really believe that being Spanish/Catalan somehow doesn't make them a target? If any good comes from this horror, it will be to wake these fools up!

Dublins streets arent very secure either, and the fact Ireland allows war planes to land in shannon on the way to middle east makes us a big target. With an unarmed police force, it will be carnage when it strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

I, for one, am going to wait for President Trump's considered, sensitive and thoughtful twitter response before engaging in idle speculation.
    Be tough and strong, we love you!

THe sentiment is fine, but it sounds as typically unpresidential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

There's already quite a lengthy thread on this in the politics forum, but educating yourself doesn't benefit your agenda now does it?

Lengthy thread on what?

**** me... Charlottsville, the attack you claimed no one is talking about because it wasn't committed by a Muslim, but that isn't true and you know it, but who needs the truth when you've an agenda to push... usual suspects indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whilst people are getting all dramatic about today's incident they should realise that so far, exclding today in the whole of Europe that 34 people have been killed due to terrorism.

23 in Manchester and 11 in London.

Info here

There have been 99 people killed so far this year on the roads but people don't feel nervous about travelling in cars.

Ya can ram that fcuking argument. Nobody sets out to do damage in a car on the road..... except funnily enough this scumbag. Embarrassing that you're clinging to the cars/peanuts/whatever kills more people than terrorism. Your point is absolute dogsh*t mate, dogsh*t.

So..nobody actually said all muslims are terrorists then...good glad you cleared that up..save your preaching for someone who will fall for your boll0x

I'm sure many will fall for your preaching, again unfortunately.

13 confirmed dead and 50 injured.

RIP to all the victims. You certainly did not deserve to die like this.

Not one post from you in the Charlottesville thread either.

Hypocrite.

• Advertisement

1. Why was the thread about Charlottesville shunted to the politics forum? It was a right-wing terror attack, almost the mirror image of today where someone rammed a vehicle into innocent people causing massive injuries and loss-of-life.

Either they both belong in politics forum or neither does. Shameful false equivalency being set that it only matters if it's the radical Islamists doing the murdering.

2. Where was Snake Plisken and Gravelly and all the other anti-Islam haters in the Charlottesville thread?

Oh yeah. Nowhere. Not one post by any of them about that incident or about Heather Heyer and all the rest who were injured because it doesn't suit their narrative when it's a far-right-wing clown doing the murdering.

You're all pathetic.

1. Ask the mods

2. Don't know, don't care.

'You're all pathetic.' We're pathetic because we're furious over Europeans being slaughtered by Muslims? Ok lad.

You're all pathetic.

A murderer of one kind killed someone in Charleston. Far, far, away.

Several murderers of a different hue murdered at least 13, and injured at least 50, in just one of many attacks this year, much closer to home, where many of s have been on holiday, but we're "pathetic" because we don't buy into your equivalence argument. Look in the mirror pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And I'm only making a assumption here, but more then likely of those 50 injured some of those will be life changing injuries. That sometimes is overlooked. I hope I'm wrong.

Just sorry for the mothers and fathers and familes who have lost children and family. Just no words really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Dublins streets arent very secure either, and the fact Ireland allows war planes to land in shannon on the way to middle east makes us a big target. With an unarmed police force, it will be carnage when it strikes

Things like Gay Marriage, the fact that we have soft international targets like Facebook, Amazon etc hq'd here, all of these are much better reasons that ****ty planes in Shannon as far as Jihadis go.

Being vocally opposed to conflict in the Middle East hasn't stopped others being hit repeatedly and brutally.

I'm sure many will fall for your preaching, again unfortunately.

Me preach?...never....You carry on your audience is getting smaller by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Wonderfullife appears to have not such a wonderfull life

And I'm only making a assumption here, but more then likely of those 50 injured some of those will be life changing injuries. That sometimes is overlooked. I hope I'm wrong.

Just sorry for the mothers and fathers and familes who have lost children and family. Just no words really.

I often think of that. How many amputations, broken spines?

**** me... Charlottsville, the attack you claimed no one is talking about because it wasn't committed by a Muslim, but that isn't true and you know it, but who needs the truth when you've an agenda to push... usual suspects indeed.

You're like a ninja arriving to every Radical Islamic terror attack and like a ghost to any far-right-terror attack.

Strawmen responses won't change the fact you're part of the blame for what happened in Charlottesville. Only being outraged when tiny fractions of Islam commit terror and not outraged at other terror only succeeds in solidifying the "us v them" narrative, where "them" are the brown people.

Doesn't surprise me most of you guys seem to be into video games, anime, memes, etc.

Me preach?...never....You carry on your audience is getting smaller by the day.

Indeed it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You're like a ninja arriving to every Radical Islamic terror attack and like a ghost to any far-right-terror attack.

Strawmen responses won't change the fact you're part of the blame for what happened in Charlottesville. Only being outraged when tiny fractions of Islam commit terror and not outraged at other terror only succeeds in solidifying the "us v them" narrative, where "them" are the brown people.

Doesn't surprise me most of you guys seem to be into video games, anime, memes, etc.

And you have the audacity to call people on here pathetic. Get a grip of yourself.

Advertisement