Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Resist ZOG wrote: »
    I often think of that. How many amputations, broken spines?

Ah but shure look at the number of people who have car accidents, and shure didn't some fella somewhere else do something as well, and shure tis only a few children they'll be fine, and didn't the ira do worse, and yere all very hard on the poor islamists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

TBH there's far too many people with a grip of themselves in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

And I'm only making a assumption here, but more then likely of those 50 injured some of those will be life changing injuries. That sometimes is overlooked. I hope I'm wrong.

Just sorry for the mothers and fathers and familes who have lost children and family. Just no words really.

Not one post from you in the Charlottessville thread either.

You sorry all their mothers and fathers too, the ones with the serious injuries?

Normal people have empathy for victims of all terror and condemn the perpetrators of all terror but there's a pernicious culture of right-wing-loons in 2017, and Boards is no exception, where they only care when it's the brown people doing the murdering.

Pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

You're like a ninja arriving to every Radical Islamic terror attack and like a ghost to any far-right-terror attack.

Strawmen responses won't change the fact you're part of the blame for what happened in Charlottesville. Only being outraged when tiny fractions of Islam commit terror and not outraged at other terror only succeeds in solidifying the "us v them" narrative, where "them" are the brown people.

Doesn't surprise me most of you guys seem to be into video games, anime, memes, etc.

You had me going but you overplayed your hand there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

You're like a ninja arriving to every Radical Islamic terror attack and like a ghost to any far-right-terror attack.

Strawmen responses won't change the fact you're part of the blame for what happened in Charlottesville. Only being outraged when tiny fractions of Islam commit terror and not outraged at other terror only succeeds in solidifying the "us v them" narrative, where "them" are the brown people.

Doesn't surprise me most of you guys seem to be into video games, anime, memes, etc.

Wow. Islam has nothing to do with islamic attacks, but some guy not posting on a thread on boards quick enough is responsible for someone being run over in America. You lads are something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whilst people are getting all dramatic about today's incident they should realise that so far, exclding today in the whole of Europe that 34 people have been killed due to terrorism.

23 in Manchester and 11 in London.

Info here

There have been 99 people killed so far this year on the roads but people don't feel nervous about travelling in cars.

How many will die next year. So it's a OK stat now. Jesus were doomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

You sorry all their mothers and fathers too, the ones with the serious injuries?

Normal people have empathy for victims of all terror and condemn the perpetrators of all terror but there's a pernicious culture of right-wing-loons in 2017, and Boards is no exception, where they only care when it's the brown people doing the murdering.

Pathetic.

Except for you,you dont care about the attack...you havent made one post in this thread about the terrorist attack,you have used this to score internet points against other posters who dont share your view...good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pathetic.

Go to my twitter page. I pm a link.

I'm not right or left wing

And tell me I didn't care about what happened there.

You're showing your true colours

• Registered Users Posts: 13,632 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Now that we have all being exposed as woeful sinners by the Priests on the pulpit can we get back to the topic at hand.

Let's leave the handbagging till about pg 45.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Except for you,you dont care about the attack...you havent made one post in this thread about the terrorist attack,you have used this to score internet points against other posters who dont share your view...good lad.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pathetic.

Jesus Christ, or Allah or whatever you're having yourself. You are absolutely hung up on this brown people point. Islam is not a race. Islam is not a race. Islam is not a race. The people that commit these attacks are apparently doing it in the name of Allah. Their skin colour is irrelevant.

Far right and far left are two sides of the same coin IMO. Two hate-filled intolerant sh*tty agendas.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:...something up there we are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,632 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, or Allah or whatever you're having yourself. You are absolutely hung up on this brown people point. Islam is not a race. Islam is not a race. Islam is not a race. The people that commit these attacks are apparently doing it in the name of Allah. Their skin colour is irrelevant.

Far right and far left are two sides of the same coin IMO. Two hate-filled intolerant sh*tty agendas.

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Danzy wrote: »
    Amen to that.

Careful with that, Crusader.

Oh boy the way if anyone wants see my twitter page I give the link. You see the real "right winger" in there, where I have shown picture after picture of dead Muslim children blown up by Americans and other western countries, where I have targeted racists and where.

Some of those pictures have been made it to boards by other posters. But ya I'm a "right ****ing winger" me fooling bollocks

Go to my twitter page. I pm a link.

I'm not right or left wing

And tell me I didn't care about what happened there.

You're showing your true colours

You've nearly 30,000 posts on Boards and not one about Charlottesville involving right-wing-terrorists but literally thousands about Islamic terror.

I guarantee if the driver in Charlottesville was a Muslim you'd have posted tons in that thread too.

There needs to be EQUIVALENCY in how we react to TERROR regardless of who commits it. If we don't show unity and condemn all terror, condemn the tiny fractions of people of all religions (and no religions) who commit acts of terror, then all we are doing is deepening the "us vs them" divide.

We'll literally never even get close to solutions to problems if we keep giving nutters, whether they be Islamic, brown, Christian, white, atheist whatever the narrative of "us = good, bad = them".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Danzy wrote: »
    Things like Gay Marriage, the fact that we have soft international targets like Facebook, Amazon etc hq'd here, all of these are much better reasons that ****ty planes in Shannon as far as Jihadis go.

Being vocally opposed to conflict in the Middle East hasn't stopped others being hit repeatedly and brutally.

I think anyone is fair game to these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Pathetic.
    But aren't most spanish people kinda brown too, so by your "logic" shouldn't some people on here be happy that brown people ( as you keep calling them)are killing other brown people,strange that,

Anyway - on the security front, Dublin doesn't have many armed guards but I assume the Defence forces would be on scene fairly rapidly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Divelment

My friend was in Paris last weekend and described the security situation there now as being not far shy of the imposition of martial law, with armed police literally on every street in Paris. The UK has lost control of terrorism because of the sheer number of migrants it has let into their country.

What price becomes too high a price to pay in order to continuing to accommodate this EU obsession with multiculturalism?

EU capital cities operating under what is effectively a form of martial law, huge queues at EU capital airports because people have to be screened entering and leaving a country now, not to mention the non security related havoc all this crap is now playing with our housing crisis & healthcare crisis. It's just insane watching our own politicians & the EU cult hierarchy telling us we "need to protect core EU values and embrace multiculturism even more", as our cities are turned into military zones and our housing stock & healthcare system are now completely overrun by migrants now coming here from absolutely anywhere.

It's long past time that we had solid right wing political options in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,457 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Be careful what ye say folks, we don't want to offend the religion of peace.
    For sure there has been horrendous atrocities in the name of most religions. But you cannot deny that in the current time Islam is the "problem"religion.
    Pussyhands wrote: »
    Islam needs to be stopped.

I'd rather offend 1m people and save 1 life than pussyfoot around the issue and see people lay dead on the streets.

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning. With all the refugees brought into Europe, we're going to have more generations of muslims in years to come. More radicalisation and more deaths.
    Praise be to our ancestors who drove Islam out of Europe.
    tastyt wrote: »
    This times 100. I dont want to be a " wont somebody please think of the children " merchant but its scary to think what Europe will be like for our children in 20/30 years. Mass immigration of people with incompatible beliefs and lunatics just waiting to radicalise them.

I fear theres a long and bloody war starting, the likes we havent seen before and yes, whatever bull**** you might want to believe, Islam is the main driver of this evil.
    I think it's better that we see what Islam does to Europe. The media will never show you the reality. Very hard to watch but necessary.
    Gravelly wrote: »
    How many peace rallies do you think there will be in Morocco, Saudi Arabia, or any other islamic country this week?
    Rezident wrote: »
    Because this is what Islam does.
    jmayo wrote: »
    Ok put your money where your mouth is and tell us who said ALL Muslims are responsible for this ?

And yes someone did say that more muslims have to come out to let the terrorists and their sympathisers are not doing it in their name.

Ok, there you go.

I don't see how people can argue that the posts above are anti-islamic and implying that the whole religion and its followers are a terrorist problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You've nearly 30,000 posts on Boards and not one about Charlottesville involving right-wing-terrorists but literally thousands about Islamic terror.

I guarantee if the driver in Charlottesville was a Muslim you'd have posted tons in that thread too.

There needs to be EQUIVALENCY in how we react to TERROR regardless of who commits it. If we don't show unity and condemn all terror, condemn the tiny fractions of people of all religions (and no religions) who commit acts of terror, then all we are doing is deepening the "us vs them" divide.

We'll literally never even get close to solutions to problems if we keep giving nutters, whether they be Islamic, brown, Christian, white, atheist whatever the narrative of "us = good, bad = them".
    Would you pull yourself aside, and have a word with yourself. If you're upset about Charlottesville go on over and discuss that on the relevant thread and stop deflecting the issue at hand? Or have a Valium, whatever you're into

Ok I'm Hitler. That make you happy.

Wanna link to my nazi twitter page. You might be in for shock. But outside the old load of football stuff I do care for all Humans. Hell I even saved a zone once and he was bit brown too.:P

Ok, there you go.

I don't see how people can argue that the posts above are anti-islamic and implying that the whole religion and its followers are a terrorist problem.

Maybe you could point out the one that says "all muslims are terrorists"...like you claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyway - on the security front, Dublin doesn't have many armed guards but I assume the Defence forces would be on scene fairly rapidly?

ERU with backup from army if it came to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

Divelment wrote: »
    My friend was in Paris last weekend and described the security situation there now as being not far shy of the imposition of martial law, with armed police literally on every street in Paris. The UK has lost control of terrorism because of the sheer number of migrants it has let into their country.

What price becomes too high a price to pay in order to continuing to accommodate this EU obsession with multiculturalism?

EU capital cities operating under what is effectively a form of martial law, huge queues at EU capital airports because people have to be screened entering and leaving a country now, not to mention the non security related havoc all this crap is now playing with our housing crisis & healthcare crisis. It's just insane watching our own politicians & the EU cult hierarchy telling us we "need to protect core EU values and embrace multiculturism even more", as our cities are turned into military zones and our housing stock & healthcare system are now completely overrun by migrants now coming here from absolutely anywhere.

It's long past time that we had solid right wing political options in this country.

Nothing will change until a bunch of EU officials get slaughtered or a nail bomb goes off in Merkel's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I've posted in that thread a dozen times.

Congratulations for missing my points, I'll spell them out slowly:

1. Why was the thread about Charlottesville shunted to the politics forum? It was a right-wing terror attack, almost the mirror image of today where someone rammed a vehicle into innocent people causing massive injuries and loss-of-life.

Either they both belong in politics forum or neither does. Shameful false equivalency being set that it only matters if it's the radical Islamists doing the murdering.

2. Where was Snake Plisken and Gravelly and all the other anti-Islam haters in the Charlottesville thread?

Oh yeah. Nowhere. Not one post by any of them about that incident or about Heather Heyer and all the rest who were injured because it doesn't suit their narrative when it's a far-right-wing clown doing the murdering.

You're all pathetic.

Hmm I was looking for the thread in After Hours and couldn't find it! Didn't know there was one in Politics thanks for pointing it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,457 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Maybe you could point out the one that says "all muslims are terrorists"...like you claimed

Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word implied.

There is more than one way to say something.

Divelment wrote: »

We're statistically speaking (in Europe) the safest we have been EVER. By every single metric we are living longer, terror attacks are at all-time lows, murder rates are low etc etc.

Look at the bloody history of Europe and I mean that literally. The whole continent has been at war with itself for hundreds of years and we are now in arguably the most peaceful, stable period in European history and you people are making out it's like terrible.

We have never had it better.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word implied.

There is more than one way to say something.

Oh so in your mind some people "implied" that all muslims were terrorists...to me it implied that there is a problem within Islam not that every muslim was a terrorist..because you know that would be a silly assumption to make

Advertisement