Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man and woman shot dead, two others injured in Dublin gangland shooting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Missdoodle wrote: »
    Alan sherry on twitter

Man shot in ballymun, understood to be a well known homeless campaigner.

Further up his twits( 3 hrs ago)

Woman shot in ballymun related to man shot in Dublin few years ago

Again my own words.

what ya mean my own words?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

alexx123 wrote: »
    not much of a ring of steal.

That article is over two years old.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 Missdoodle

what ya mean my own words?

I can't copy and paste, not exact.

Dublin live.

The woman killed in a shooting at a Ballymun residence earlier this evening has been named locally as Antoinette Corbally.

The mother of six is the second member of her family to be shot dead in recent years, after a close relative was brutally gunned down in 2014.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/woman-killed-ballymun-shooting-named-13487756

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bananabread12

How for such a small population can this country produce so many scumbags?
    Every country has illegal drugs.

So many shootings for a tiny country in the grand scheme of things.

Madness.

Short answer? The criminal justice system. Or lack thereof.

Ireland is essentially lawless. You are literally counting on the good natured Irish people to avoid being raped, robbed or murdered because as an organisation An Garda Siochana are simply not fit for purpose in 2017. If there isn't a few teenagers that need cans taken from them or a driver in need of a good old bullying then they don't know their arse from their elbow.

You have a great probability of getting away with murder in this country in comparison with other first world nations and the sad part about it is that...if you *are* actually caught and brought to court you'll only get a few years before you're back out and amongst the general public once again - a place where you don't belong.

Think about how many absolute, utter psycho's are walking amongst us because of the crap system in place? Utter psycho's that should have long been identified by our crap mental health system as simply unfit to be introduced back into society....

It's a government failure, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

tomofson wrote: »
    More innocent blood spilled by the untouchables by the looks of things.
    Garda need to start getting serious with that "cartel", but now they sit outisde their houses and guard them.

Don't start spouting this rubbish again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jesus Christ have these lads any sense or just any sort of morals, even a small bit at all. FFS open fire with a sub machine gun in a fú cking housing estate at 4PM in the day with kids all over the place. Unbelievable, RIP to the two innocents killed, it's absolutely sheer luck the fatalities from this incident isn't higher and that children were not killed.

The time to act is now, we cannot let lunatic gangsters go around with sub machine guns opening fire as they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Anything to Jock Corbally killed in a field in Kildare about 20 years ago?

The lad that was ment to bave been in on it turned up dead in columbia not long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Corbally brothers from Ballyfermot and Jock Corbally from Finglas East I think.
    All interesting dead characters

None of which are actually related to each other, corbally is this womans marriage name

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Corbally brothers from Ballyfermot and Jock Corbally from Finglas East I think.
    All interesting dead characters

None of which are actually related to each other, corbally is this womans marriage name

I know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

If they do it only raises the chances of another innocent being hurt or even killed.

Like imagine the most harmless man in the world just happened to be the image of one of the killers, and gets pounced upon just cause he looked like someone.

It can happen I know a man personally who is the image of a well known sex offender and he has been attacked on more than one occasion just because of the way he looks...

This is terrible for your friend and other innocents caught up

But I couldn't condemn someone for going out to kill whoever killed there father if he was an innocent person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

How for such a small population can this country produce so many scumbags?

We are no different than any other nation in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

This is terrible for your friend and other innocents caught up

But I couldn't condemn someone for going out to kill whoever killed there father if he was an innocent person

Neither could I and if im to be honest I could probably even sympathize with them, I know what its like to lose someone close to me and can only imagine what it would feel like if I had lost them to murder... I'm just saying its best for everyone if they don't.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Jesus Christ have these lads any sense or just any sort of morals, even a small bit at all. FFS open fire with a sub machine gun in a fú cking housing estate at 4PM in the day with kids all over the place. Unbelievable, RIP to the two innocents killed, it's absolutely sheer luck the fatalities from this incident isn't higher and that children were not killed.

The time to act is now, we cannot let lunatic gangsters go around with sub machine guns opening fire as they see fit.

Nothing will happen. If this had occurred in Dundrum, Foxrock, Malahide etc.. we might see action.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

alexx123 wrote: »

Ah it just rusted a bit since 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

TallGlass wrote: »

Nothing will happen. A child was shot and permanently injured already it didn't change a thing. Several other innocent people have also been killed - even when abroad on their family holiday! The majority of people just think it'll never affect them and forget about it.

Gardai have an interest in two cars:
    a silver Opel Zafira with a registration 08-LS- 3101, which was found in Balbutcher Drive;

and a Volkswagen Golf GTi with a registration 04-LH-3466 that was found in Santry Close.

Any confirmation, if killers used back door and back out it, or back to front?

Or confirmation of guns used, i seen submachine gun and handgun in reports,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Short answer? The criminal justice system. Or lack thereof.

Ireland is essentially lawless. You are literally counting on the good natured Irish people to avoid being raped, robbed or murdered because as an organisation An Garda Siochana are simply not fit for purpose in 2017. If there isn't a few teenagers that need cans taken from them or a driver in need of a good old bullying then they don't know their arse from their elbow.

You have a great probability of getting away with murder in this country in comparison with other first world nations and the sad part about it is that...if you *are* actually caught and brought to court you'll only get a few years before you're back out and amongst the general public once again - a place where you don't belong.

Think about how many absolute, utter psycho's are walking amongst us because of the crap system in place? Utter psycho's that should have long been identified by our crap mental health system as simply unfit to be introduced back into society....

It's a government failure, pure and simple.
    Sentencing is a joke here but saying Ireland is essentially lawless and people are constantly at risk of being murdered, raped or robbed... sounds like you're talking about South Africa or Honduras. The vast majority of the time, Irish people are not worried about being murdered, raped or robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

I see my comment mentioning who her deceased brother was got deleted, Funnily enough the post below mine was not deleted, Truth seems to be a hated thing on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The witness statement in the Indo seems to. Suggest that the woman was purposely killed. Like she didn't get hit by a stray bullet she seemed to be gunned down in her hallway
    Like she may not have been the intended target of the hit but it seems the gun man made a conscious decision to shoot her for whatever reason - in the way, silencing a witness etc. Shows the callous nature of those involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I see my comment mentioning who her deceased brother was got deleted, Funnily enough the post below mine was not deleted, Truth seems to be a hated thing on here.

I think its more about not wanting to identify the victims until gardai do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think its more about not wanting to identify the victims until gardai do.

Shes been already identified before I posted, Strange who the comment below me mentioned names and wasn't deleted.

Post 65 mentioned her name.

Think it's important to remember and acknowledge anyone who uses cocaine or any illegal drug has blood on their hands this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

"Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan said: "This outrageous attack is totally unacceptable.... I utterly deplore this shooting which has tragically resulted in the loss of two lives as well as others injured."

The shooting is unacceptable apparently. It's like a skeleton statement you just amend with the number of people dead and injured. Pointless and completely unfeeling.

Estrellita wrote: »
    The shooting is unacceptable apparently. It's like a skeleton statement you just amend with the number of people dead and injured. Pointless and completely unfeeling.

Well he's a FG'er so it's not like Ballymun is his voting demographic. If it had happened in let's say Foxrock however.....

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

There's a lot of hard working people in these so called disadvantaged areas. Most with not many options, ie parents cant afford mortgage for house outside these places or just being in debt.

Your growing up trying to do good in school and every second Fella in your neighbourhood is dropping out or getting in to trouble. You witness things happing like today, violence, burglary ect to often. Everyone in the neighbourhood can name a few drug dealers and it all feels normal. The problem is the wrong people are allowed to flourish and normal Joe soaps on the street can't do noting about it. There's only so much the police can do so it's a cycle the continues every generation. You can say for certainty a large % of people in this area will drop out of school, will end up in jail, will have a kid to early, will do hard drugs. Until this is fixed all disadvantaged communities will experience this continually.

The people who try stay on the good side of the tracks surrounded by so many vices deserve a lot of respect, I think parents should take the most credit for that. Sadly not all parents can see what they do now will decide how the next generation lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Think it's important to remember and acknowledge anyone who uses cocaine or any illegal drug has blood on their hands this evening.

What a load of bollox. Cop yourself on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

And common sense is miles ahead of you.

#shotsfired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Terrible atrocity. F**king hell the amount of gang related murders is racking up yet people are going out of their way to declare Ireland is a safe country. Innocent people are being murdered.

• Advertisement

BillyBobBS wrote: »

No, I personally wouldn't suggested people who use illegal drugs have blood on their hands tonight or any other night, the cold twisted killers have.

The whole allure of illegal drugs, is the fact there illegal, and if used in moderation, can be better than legal drugs.

Advertisement