Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man and woman shot dead, two others injured in Dublin gangland shooting

Options
  • 16-08-2017 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

A man and woman have died, and another two people were injured, after a gangland style attack on a house in north Dublin this evening.
    Emergency services are at the scene of the shooting in Balbutcher Lane in Ballymun.
    A source said paramedics were working on a man in his 30s outside the home while the woman, in her 40s, was inside the building.

They have both passed away following the incident.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-and-woman-killed-in-ganglandstyle-shooting-in-dublin-housing-estate-36038963.html

Bloody hell, I don't recall 4 people being shot in Ireland before (outside of terrorism).
    AFAIK, this isn't related to the Kinehan/Hutch feud. Still, this is shocking stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-and-woman-killed-in-ganglandstyle-shooting-in-dublin-housing-estate-36038963.html

Bloody hell, I don't recall 4 people being shot in Ireland before (outside of terrorism).
    AFAIK, this isn't related to the Kinehan/Hutch feud. Still, this is shocking stuff.

Hopefully not related to the Trevor Deely case either - not a revenge for snitching.

RIP to the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

sullivlo wrote: »
    Hopefully not related to the Trevor Deely case either - not a revenge for snitching.

RIP to the people.

Damn, that never even occurred to me. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Four people where shot back in 2012 in a house in kildare as far as i know, one irish and one eastern european where killed.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 Missdoodle

Mickthehack on twitter

Intended target flees unharmed,

Comment further down which mick liked

"bottler"

My own words can't link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Damn, that never even occurred to me. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

It won't..not in a million years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

This country shouldn't be any more dangerous than Finland or Denmark, this underclass has been left to fester for years by Gombeens who will never have to deal or live with this sort of thing, we're sandwiched between rich and poor scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

MysticMonk wrote: »
    It won't..not in a million years
    I don't think it's appropriate to bring Trevor's case into this at this stage, however why are you always so sure about all the things you say in relation to crime related matters? Are you in the guards?

dd972 wrote: »
    This country shouldn't be any more dangerous than Finland or Denmark, this underclass has been left to fester for years by Gombeens who will never have to deal or live with sort of thing, we're sandwiched between rich and poor scum.

Bit of an angry ant here anyways, just cause someone comes from a certain background does not make them "scum".

Spider Web wrote:
    I don't think it's appropriate to bring Trevor's case into this at this stage, however why are you always so sure about all the things you say in relation to crime related matters? Are you in the guards?

I didn't..I answered somebody who brought him into it.

I'm sure of things I say because I have a life outside the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

I didn't..I answered somebody who brought him into it.

I'm sure of things I say because I have a life outside the internet.
    Nnnnno... you did respond with great certainty.

People who say stuff you don't agree with also have a life outside the internet. That's not an answer to "Why do you present your opinions as fact?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

tomofson wrote: »
    Bit of an angry ant here anyways, just cause someone comes from a certain background does not make them "scum".

It's more about the inequality and the very fixed class system in Ireland, decent people in places like Finglas or Ballymun are held in contempt by the criminal elements, they're also regarded contemptuously by the so-called 'upper' echelons.

dd972 wrote: »
    It's more about the inequality and the very fixed class system in Ireland, decent people in places like Finglas or Ballymun are held in contempt by the criminal elements, they're also regarded contemptuously by the so-called 'upper' echelons.

So why refer to poor people as "scum"

Anyway classism isn't the point, the murder of two people in cold blood is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Girl was pregnant aswell

Girl was pregnant aswell

The girl who died or who was injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Very sad news. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

The girl who died or who was injured?

One who died afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Irish Times says that the two who died were "very closely associated with a criminal shot dead and whose body was dumped in a laneway in Dublin 3.5 years ago."

Great way to get you to take out a digital subscription so you can trawl their archives of "3.5 years ago" and find the name of somebody from Balbutcher Drive who was shot dead in January 2014 a week after being released from prison. A career criminal with 70 convictions at the time.

Course it could have been somebody else completely.........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And its being reported that there were small children in the house

• Site Banned Posts: 24 Missdoodle

Irish Times says that the two who died were "very closely associated with a criminal shot dead and whose body was dumped in a laneway in Dublin 3.5 years ago."

Great way to get you to take out a digital subscription so you can trawl their archives of "3.5 years ago" and find the name of somebody from Balbutcher Drive who was shot dead in January 2014 a week after being released from prison. A career criminal with 70 convictions at the time.

Course it could have been somebody else completely.........

From all my information all victims are innocent, intended target " bottler" got away some how.

Missdoodle wrote: »
    From all my information all victims are innocent, intended target " bottler" got away some how.

By the looks of things the intended target was the only one who got away uninjured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If the victims who were killed today were believed to be completely innocent from this shooting; well this is just another shocking & costly mistake from the perpetrators involved in it. Another thing about this shooting is that the perpetrators may not care at all about this loss under any circumstance. We have heard about this before in other parts of the country and the outcome of those shootings was one of heartbreak for everybody affected.

Whatever the motive; The Gardaí must investigate it in detail to get justice for the families & friends impacted by this crime.

One who died afaik

Jesus...

septictank wrote: »

More innocent blood spilled by the untouchables by the looks of things.
    Garda need to start getting serious with that "cartel", but now they sit outisde their houses and guard them.

Missdoodle wrote:

His name wasn't bottler. Bottler is a term used to describe somebody who loses thier courage or "bottle".

Somebody who runs away could be called a bottler by someone unkind.

His name wasn't bottler. Bottler is a term used to describe somebody who loses thier courage or "bottle".

His nickname is bottler but he got that name for a totally different reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

The other woman who was injured was holding a baby the indo says :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

No, the nickname of the person being referred to is bottler.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

More innocent blood spilled by the untouchables by the looks of things.
    Garda need to start getting serious with that "cartel", but now they sit outisde their houses and guard them.

Amazing how the cartel got so powerful you only get untouchable with the right friends in the right places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

How for such a small population can this country produce so many scumbags?

Advertisement