Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man and woman shot dead, two others injured in Dublin gangland shooting

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 24 Missdoodle

MysticMonk wrote: »
    His name wasn't bottler. Bottler is a term used to describe somebody who loses thier courage or "bottle".

Somebody who runs away could be called a bottler by someone unkind.

Can you fill me in? :) I was just airing on the side of caution not naming the intended target.

How for such a small population can this country produce so many scumbags?

Illegal drugs??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

tomofson wrote:
    His nickname is bottler but he got that name for a totally different reason.

He looks like Brendan Grace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Missdoodle wrote: »
    Illegal drugs??

Every country has illegal drugs.

So many shootings for a tiny country in the grand scheme of things.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Places in this world have a lot less people and a lot more murders.

There really isn't that many when you think of it.

Thats why its shocking when it happens, especially a double murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Anyone else think it's a bit of a stupid idea to interview the neighbour that heard the gunshots and print her actual name and address?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Check out the murder stats for the Mexican towns bordering the US

tomofson wrote: »
    Places in this world have a lot less people and a lot more murders.

There really isn't that many when you think of it.

Thats why its shocking when it happens, especially a double murder.

One of the highest gun murders in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bit of an angry ant here anyways, just cause someone comes from a certain background does not make them "scum".

And just because you say someone is scum doesn't mean that you meant that they come from a certain background.

• Advertisement

One of the highest gun murders in Europe?

Far from it actually, the only people who make such claims are the gutter press because they know the average person wont do any research on it and just believer what they say...

Certain sections of paris,marseille,Barcelona and cities in italy have gun murders on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 brickland

Every country has illegal drugs.

So many shootings for a tiny country in the grand scheme of things.

Madness.

Not every small country had an armed conflict with so much weaponry available like we had. A lot of guns especially handguns are still floating around from the "decommissioning" era.

Luger was a common weapon of the UVF, if you look at a lot of handgun possession crime in Dublin this will usually be the gun.

Far from it actually, the only people who make such claims are the gutter press because they know the average person wont do any research on it and just believer what they say...

Certain sections of paris,marseille,Barcelona and cities in italy have gun murders on a daily basis.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rate-of-homicide-among-highest-in-europe-265006.html

"Ireland has a higher homicide rate than most of our European neighbours, according to a UN report."

I dunno surely they can't print stuff like this if it isn't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexx123

not much of a ring of steal.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rate-of-homicide-among-highest-in-europe-265006.html

"Ireland has a higher homicide rate than most of our European neighbours, according to a UN report."

Of course they can sure they just did there, don't be believing most of what the tabloids say. Ireland is one of the safest countries on the planet and people who believe this nonsense just want to excuse their paranoia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I've read that before.
    Our murder rate was apparently the same as Eastern European countries like Latvia etc.
    If I can find the link again I'll post it here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »

A lot of kids going to grow up with anger over this, I read somewhere the man killed was an innocent window fitter. I just hope none of their children/family seek revenge for this in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Far from it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Of course they can sure they just did there, don't be believing most of what the tabloids say. Ireland is one of the safest countries on the planet and people who believe this nonsense just want to excuse their paranoia

Well if it's between a national newspaper citing a UN report and you (a random anonymous person online) just repeatedly saying stuff but without citing a source of your own, the "gutter press" is miles ahead of you, credibility wise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Because all the revenue from entertainment drugs like weed goes to these scumbags instead of to the government so these knackers make millions from selling drugs.

At least 44 countries have decriminalised it, economists like David MacWilliams (and many others) have recommended it, it's common sense - but Ireland is a bit slow and behind the curve so these scumbags can buy machine guns and do what they want for another few years (or decades?) until we cop on. They murdered a mother of 6! Will nobody stop this unutterable madness? Leo please save us with with some long overdue common sense.

Well if it's between a national newspaper citing a UN report and you (a random anonymous person online) just repeatedly saying stuff but without citing a source of your own, the "gutter press" is miles ahead of you, credibility wise...

And common sense is miles ahead of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

alexx123 wrote:
    not much of a ring of steal.

How many of these so called "gangland" hits have resulted in completely innocent bystanders being shot dead or seriously injured? The sheer mindless bloody stupidity of these numbskulls is simply beyond belief. This kind of stuff is almost comparable to the worst IRA or UVF atrocities of the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

If it's common sense you should be able to point to lots of reputable sources backing up your assertion. That's how it works in the grown up world as opposed to the schoolyard.

Bear in mind you said this:

Where's your research?

chicorytip wrote: »
    How many of these so called "gangland" hits have resulted in completely innocent bystanders being shot dead or seriously injured? The sheer mindless bloody stupidity of these numbskulls is simply beyond belief. This kind of stuff is almost comparable to the worst IRA or UVF atrocities of the troubles.

Petty criminals with little experience being handed firearms they are not used to handling in order to clear debts... Its a recipe for disaster.

Alan sherry on twitter

Man shot in ballymun, understood to be a well known homeless campaigner.

Further up his twits( 3 hrs ago)

Woman shot in ballymun related to man shot in Dublin few years ago

Again my own words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A lot of kids going to grow up with anger over this, I read somewhere the man killed was an innocent window fitter. I just hope none of their children/family seek revenge for this in the future.

Would ya blame them...guards aren't going to do anything to stop it

Would ya blame them...guards aren't going to do anything to stop it

If they do it only raises the chances of another innocent being hurt or even killed.

Like imagine the most harmless man in the world just happened to be the image of one of the killers, and gets pounced upon just cause he looked like someone.

It can happen I know a man personally who is the image of a well known sex offender and he has been attacked on more than one occasion just because of the way he looks...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I stand corrected. Bottler bottled it though :)

Advertisement