Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right-wing vs. Left-wing Clashes [MOD NOTE POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Over the last year the Milo event in Berkley a few months ago got cancelled due to left wing violence and women attacked + maced in the face followed on Ann Coulter being cancelled due to threats of violence + other incidents of Trump supporters trying to hold peaceful rallies only to be violently attacked by militant left wing protesters , followed by threats of violence towards people attending today,s rally, take it all into account constant violence along with constant threats of violence it was evident someone was gonna snap sooner or later , am I trying to justify it ? fcuk no to quote an phrase " violence breeds violence " for those who oppose & disagree with Trump supporters if they wanna counter protest them peacefully non violently no problem with that, but the minute they violently oppose people they disagree with is when they are creating the breeding ground for further violence + counter violence .

They were protesting peacefully (you can see it on the video) when some brainwashed fanatic rammed a car through them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

This is all on Obama and Hiliary. They kept encouraging black power groups to attack American heritage. The Confederate monument...do they think the civil war never happened, that thousands of young men didn't make the ultimate sacrifice for the South? It's disturbing how they're rewriting and airbrushing history. They refer to riots like Watts and Newark as rebellions, when it as mainly looting and wanton violence. God help America if they aren't put back in their place soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

3 people are dead, because Neo Nazi's were angry about the removal of a statue celebrating a confederate general who fought for slavery. A removal that was made via a democratic decision.

This entire thing is insane. It shows just how moral bankrupt these Neo Nazi's and there various apologists are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Over the last yearr self appointed Antifa thugs have rioted in streets/attacked women & more-then people on the left react surprised when someone snaps, Lets ask the question if there wasn,t countless Antifa violence over the last year, would that driver of still snapped in Charlottesville ?

Blame the victim well done. A white supremacist drives a car into people protesting a white supremacist march andits their own fault? Ridiculous.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Violent left and right wing extremists it looks like. These people are all scum.

Nonsense. The people hit by the car were scum in your opinion? Scum for protesting a white supremacist march?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

red ears wrote: »
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    "If those uppity left-wingers would of kept their pinko liberal mouths shut, god-fearin' Christians wouldn't feel the need to murder them."

Are you aware of how antifa have been behaving in America since Trump was elected. They are a violent bunch of thugs.
    + 1.
    425069.jpg
    Antifa + the KKK they both wear masks to conceal their faces, both are extremists- I equally detest both of them, there is a hypocrisy when it comes to equally condemning both of them by some people on the left, the people wearing black mask rioted in the streets when Trump was inaugurated .

425070.jpg

Imagine back when Obama was 1st inaugurated in 2009, imagine if an extreme right wing group rioted in the streets , imagine if an extreme right wing group violently attacked Obama supporters everytime there was a pro Obama rally, the extreme right wing group would be called out for thugs + rightly so, its time to equally call out Antifa for the masked thugs that they are .

Samaris wrote: »
    Over the last year the Milo event in Berkley a few months ago got cancelled due to left wing violence and women attacked + maced in the face followed on Ann Coulter being cancelled due to threats of violence + other incidents of Trump supporters trying to hold peaceful rallies only to be violently attacked by militant left wing protesters , followed by threats of violence towards people attending today,s rally, take it all into account constant violence along with constant threats of violence it was evident someone was gonna snap sooner or later , am I trying to justify it ? fcuk no to quote an phrase " violence breeds violence " for those who oppose & disagree with Trump supporters if they wanna counter protest them peacefully non violently no problem with that, but the minute they violently oppose people they disagree with is when they are creating the breeding ground for further violence + counter violence .

They were protesting peacefully (you can see it on the video) when some brainwashed fanatic rammed a car through them.
    lets say for the sake of argument there was no violence towards Trump supporters over the last year + no threats towards people who wanted to attend today,s rally, how many people honestly think this lone nut would of still rammed a car into people ?

This is all on Obama and Hiliary. They kept encouraging black power groups to attack American heritage. The Confederate monument...do they think the civil war never happened, that thousands of young men didn't make the ultimate sacrifice for the South? It's disturbing how they're rewriting and airbrushing history. They refer to riots like Watts and Newark as rebellions, when it as mainly looting and wanton violence. God help America if they aren't put back in their place soon.

You think black peoples need to be put "back in their place"? What exactly does that mean? I assume it's a prelude to your normal bigotry.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Three people murdered by Alt-Right Nazi terrorists and somehow it's Obama's fault.

The confederate flag is a swastika by a different colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I don't believe they did go with the intention of violence, they went for a rally and to have a few speakers. But they were also ready to defend themselves from the inevitable Antifa attacks. This is exactly what transpired. Had the white nationalists been allowed to have their rally and have their speakers there would have been no violence. There didn't need to be any attention given to them.
    Over the last yearr self appointed Antifa thugs have rioted in streets/attacked women & more-then people on the left react surprised when someone snaps, Lets ask the question if there wasn,t countless Antifa violence over the last year, would that driver of still snapped in Charlottesville ?

White-supremacy-apologist bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

A permit was granted for the event, whether you agree with them or not they were entitled to hold a rally and have their talks.
    The video evidence all over the net shows Antifa and BLM pepper spraying the nationalists and attacking them. The resulting violence was reason the police shut the rally down.

If someone deliberately crashed a car into a crowd then they should go to jail for a very long time.

It appears the helicopter crash that killed two people was a terrible accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

A serious question? Where the hell do we go to get honest reporting and appraisal of today's events. Neither the MSM or the new alternative media can be fully trusted to report objectively. I think thats pretty sad.

White-supremacy-apologist bullsh1t.

Really ? what I actually said about " White-supremacy " in another post.

" Antifa + the KKK they both wear masks to conceal their faces, both are extremists- I equally detest both of them, " .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104359377&postcount=37

A permit was granted for the event, whether you agree with them or not they were entitled to hold a rally and have their talks.
    The video evidence all over the net shows Antifa and BLM pepper spraying the nationalists and attacking them. The resulting violence was reason the police shut the rally down.

If someone deliberately crashed a car into a crowd then they should go to jail for a very long time.

It appears the helicopter crash that killed two people was a terrible accident.

" The video evidence all over the net shows Antifa and BLM pepper spraying the nationalists and attacking them. "

Exactly my point when I argue " violence breeds violence " if Antifa didn,t attack anyone or pepper spray anyone yesterday I think its highly unlikely that the driver would of done what they did .

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

A serious question? Where the hell do we go to get honest reporting and appraisal of today's events. Neither the MSM or the new alternative media can be fully trusted to report objectively. I think thats pretty sad.
    This is some complete and utter bull****, an organised group of neo-Nazis and white supremacist tw@ts hold a rally in 'protest' of an agreed decision to remove a statue of a major figurehead of the Confederate movement that supported slavery and brutal treatment of blacks and you're shocked that some people decided to counter-protest? And then some bast@ard decided it would be great to mow some peaceful protesters with a car, and you decide this is the time to deflect and divert about Antifa, Obama and Hillary as somehow being responsible for this murderous c@nt killing people? Get real.

I'm so sick and tired of people with 'outrageous' and contrarian opinions pleading the 'right' to free speech and having an opinion when someone challenges them on their bull**** logic and reasoning. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it sacrosanct, those protestors had every right to object to a bunch of racist, Hitler loving c@nts and there is no 'justification' for the attack on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

When people ask why am I bringing up events over the last year ? these tweets phrase it in a better way then I do .
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/896421076984397824
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/896424713890615296
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/838207152292417536

I don't recall anyone being murdered at trump rallies??

Arytonblue
     " This is some complete and utter bull****, an organised group of neo-Nazis and white supremacist tw@ts hold a rally in 'protest' of an agreed decision to remove a statue of a major figurehead of the Confederate movement that supported slavery and brutal treatment of blacks and you're shocked that some people decided to counter-protest? And then some bast@ard decided it would be great to mow some peaceful protesters with a car, and you decide this is the time to deflect and divert about Antifa, Obama and Hillary as somehow being responsible for this murderous c@nt killing people? Get real. "

" I'm so sick and tired of people with 'outrageous' and contrarian opinions pleading the 'right' to free speech and having an opinion when someone challenges them on their bull**** logic and reasoning. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it sacrosanct, those protestors had every right to object to a bunch of racist, Hitler loving c@nts and there is no 'justification' for the attack on them. "
    " I'm so sick and tired of people with 'outrageous' and contrarian opinions pleading the 'right' to free speech and having an opinion when someone challenges them on their bull**** logic and reasoning "
    The best way to challenge such opinions & opinions that don,t agree with ones worldview is through calm rational debate, which could be done at a public forum/venue or a college debate etc where both sides put forward their best speakers both get equal speaking times, both get to challenge each other & at the end both take questions & answers from the audience that would be a much better way to challenge opinions , but groups like Antifa aren,t Interested in doing that all they want to do is to create trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

On a personal level I think its a shame people who believe stuff like this continue to rut and indoctrinate their offspring into this kind of backward rhetoric.

Alas, here we are and I personally believe that anybody has the right to believe whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe on others, I believe in debate, I believe in educating people to one day be rid of the historical divisions and generational hatred that holds the whole world back.

I don't think it was right that Milo was unable to speak for example, I don't think driving things underground is a way to change anything, bring it out into the light, expose it for what it is and debate it. You lose the debate automatically if you don't show up or if your only argument is to scream louder then anybody else/stick your fingers in your ears and refuse to let one side have their say.

You lose your moral high ground once you become violent/oppressive. There is no excuse or justification that can be made for that scumbag driving his car into a crowd of people, none. There is no easy fix to the divisions in America, they are deep rooted and have been stirred up a hell of a lot in recent times but one thing I know for sure is that violence is not the answer because unless one side can wipe the other out (they can't) all you do is increase someones willingness to join a cause and give free propaganda to organisers.

I don't claim to know all the answers about how to heal America or start the reconciliation process, but I do know the path they are going down does not have a good end.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

When people ask why am I bringing up events over the last year ? these tweets phrase it in a better way then I do .
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/896421076984397824
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/896424713890615296
    https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/838207152292417536

I don't recall anyone being murdered at trump rallies??
    No one may of been murdered yet but there has been attempted murders & serious injuries to people who support Trump.

A wave of liberal rage has marked the last 11 months since the rise and subsequent election of President Donald Trump.
    Antifa protestors clad in black masks shut down college campuses, destroy property and indiscriminately attack those they disagree with, whether women or the elderly. Meanwhile, CNN fires Kathy Griffin for taking photos with a bloody replica of the president’s decapitated head.
    Amid this backdrop, The Huffington Post publishes an article calling for the execution of Trump and “everyone assisting his agenda.”
    Then, shots ring out as a man gorged on media hysteria attempts to slaughter Republican congressmen while they practice for a charity baseball game.

The aggression since Trump’s nomination is difficult to enumerate, but nevertheless, The Daily Caller News Foundation pored over media reports to compile a close but non-exhaustive list of violent acts against conservatives in months following the Republican National Convention.
    In creating the list, TheDCNF reviewed numerous articles detailing attacks and violent threats against conservatives and Trump supporters. While there are examples of anonymous threats, TheDCNF chose to include only those that resulted in the cancelling of events and two to members of Congress deemed credible. Some instances of violence between rival protestors were not included as it was difficult to ascertain who initiated the event.
    Events Over Time:
    Screen-Shot-2017-07-11-at-12.22.29-PM-201x120.pngTrump Violence Graph Dave Brooks/TheDCNF

June 2016: 
    – Protesters jumped on cars, stole hats, fought with and threw eggs at Trump supporters outside a Trump rally in downtown San Jose, Calif. Trump supporters sued San Jose over the violence.
    July 2016:
    -A Hillary Clinton supporter lights a flag on fire and attacks a Trump supporter in Pittsburgh.
    August 2016:
    -Anti-Trump protesters attacked pushed, spit on and verbally harassed attendees forced to walk a “gauntlet” as they left a Trump fundraiser in Minneapolis, Minn., and beat an elderly man. Protesters also attacked Trump’s motorcade.
    A Tennessee man was assaulted at a garage sale for being a Trump supporter.
    -A Trump supporter in New Jersey was attacked with a crowbar on the street.
    September 2016:
    -Protesters in El Cajon, Calif., chased and beat up a Trump supporter.
    October 2016:
    -A GOP office in North Carolina was firebombed and spray painted with “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else.”
    November 2016:
    -A high school student was attacked after she wrote that she supported Trump on social media. The perpetrator ripped her glasses off and punched her in the face.
    -The president of Cornell University’s College Republicans was assaulted the night after Trump won the election.
    -Students protesting Trump punched and kicked a Maryland high school student wearing a Make America Great Again hat.
    -A high school student was arrested in Florida after he punched a classmate for carrying a Trump sign at school.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/this-list-of-attacks-against-conservatives-is-mind-blowing/

[font=Lato, sans-serif]Trump Supporter Beaten, Dragged By Car[/font]
    [font=Lato, sans-serif]"[/font]

[font=Lato, sans-serif]http://www.dailywire.com/news/11765/watch-trump-supporter-beaten-dragged-car-frank-camp[/font]

No one may of been murdered yet but there has been attempted murders & serious injuries to people who support Trump.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/this-list-of-attacks-against-conservatives-is-mind-blowing/

[font=Lato, sans-serif]http://www.dailywire.com/news/11765/watch-trump-supporter-beaten-dragged-car-frank-camp[/font]

It's only pure luck there wasn't dozens killed today

Will that lad face the death penalty in that state??

The right to peaceful protest is every bit as important as the right to free speech imo

• Advertisement

I'd agree with that also, which is why I would say let the neo nazi people that wanted to protest the democratic decision to remove that offensive statue protest, then remove it.

Don't take the bait, the decision had been made the statue is going. The battle there was won, they have the right to protest the decision, it will have no effect on it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's only pure luck there wasn't dozens killed today

Will that lad face the death penalty in that state??

The right to peaceful protest is every bit as important as the right to free speech imo
    " peaceful protest " I have no problem nor issue with, violently attacking people for the thoughtcrime of having a different opinion like Antifa have done over the last year is different to " peaceful protest " .
    425073.jpg

" peaceful protest " I have no problem nor issue with, violently attacking people for the thoughtcrime of having a different opinion like Antifa have done over the last year is different to " peaceful protest " .
    425073.jpg

Whatever antifa have done (and plenty of it was wrong) has been blown outta the water in terms of seriousness by this attempt at mass murder tbh

It isn't helpful to use memes that are factually incorrect to make a point.

Zero chance of the guy getting a fair trial after all the handwringing from the usual quarters. He's already a terrorist in their eyes.

In the build up to the march, organisers had been adamant that they wanted it to pass off peacefully. It's not their fault all those nutters turned up to protest against free speech and free assembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Zero chance of the guy getting a fair trial after all the handwringing from the usual quarters. He's already a terrorist in their eyes.

In the build up to the march, organisers had been adamant that they wanted it to pass off peacefully. It's not their fault all those nutters turned up to protest against free speech and free assembly.

Fair trial?!

He will get a fair trial but I'm Perplexed by your post it seems to believe he didn't mow down living people in order to injure or kill and then reverse over them.

Can you explain yourself in more detail

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

" The video evidence all over the net shows Antifa and BLM pepper spraying the nationalists and attacking them. "

Exactly my point when I argue " violence breeds violence " if Antifa didn,t attack anyone or pepper spray anyone yesterday I think its highly unlikely that the driver would of done what they did .
    Then you are ok with the 911 attack as well since that was triggered by USA dropping bombs (extreme violence) in Afghanistan, Iraq etc. as well we can take it? After all if it's ok for white nazies to attack innocent American civilians then it has to be equally right for Muslims to do the same for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Kkk and Antifa are the same in my eyes. Both extremists. If this march had been allowed to pass off peacefully, that would probably be the end of it but now I'd say Kkk, far right, etc will step up a campaign to protest and disrupt marches on the other side. Sort of revenge events.

The guy who plowed the car into protesters Im not sure how he could mount a defence to his behaviour.

Not sure removing statues is a great idea either. General Lee was an important figure in American history who was a brilliant battlefield General often defeating superior forces. His surrender rather than fight an insurgency helped end the war and helped will reconciliation of both sides.

Whole event looked like something from the early civil rights era

listermint wrote: »
    Fair trial?!

He will get a fair trial but I'm Perplexed by your post it seems to believe he didn't mow down living people in order to injure or kill and then reverse over them.

Can you explain yourself in more detail

I don't believe it was his intent when he woke up in the morning. If he was planning on that sort of attack, he probably wouldn't use a nice car registered in his own name. Either use a banger or rent a van. I reckon he took a wrong turn, the mob clocked him as an evil white man, he panicked in fear for his life and pressed the accelerator instead of the break. It happens quite often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Inquitus wrote: »
    I would disagree, Nazism and White Supremacism does not deserve a platform, and protesting to deny it one is both reasonable and to be expected in a decent society.

The government getting to arbitrarily decide which ideologies are permitted thankfully doesn't fly in the US.
    So long as it's one group protesting another or a private entity choosing to self-censor, that's fine up to a point, but free speech isn't just about what you can get away with legally.
    It's also a concept that engenders open debate with the entent of seeking the truth. You can't have that debate if you ban one side from taking part.

However, there were clear issues with allowing the march to take place when there clearly wasn't the amount of policing required.
    They seemed incapable of doing anything and I don't blame them. It seems like they were sold down the river.

If people want to hold a march in favour of eating babies then let them at it. It's not an issue. It only becomes one if you allow people to turn up armed or allow a situation where a riot can happen.

Maybe cars shouldn't be free to drive around the place during the event either?

Open carry laws are ****ing insane as well. When there are armed neo-nazi militias parading down your streets maybe you need to realise you can no longer see the wood for the trees.
    It's one thing to defend yourself and your property. It's another to actively threaten society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement