Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

knightfly wrote: »
    If you are using the FireTV Stick then don't use the "my Movies" from the main main menu; it won't work. Instead use the primeVideo app.

Have both a 4K Firestick and the app on TV. neither are working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I have a 4K firestick.

When I go into the prime video app everything plays fine but when I try to play something directly on the homescreen I get an error message every time.

Any body seen this before and knows how to fix it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have a 4K firestick.

When I go into the prime video app everything plays fine but when I try to play something directly on the homescreen I get an error message every time.

Any body seen this before and knows how to fix it? :confused:
    Everybody in Ireland not using vpns/etc will have same experience and you can't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭KildareP

Anyone notice a dip in the picture quality on Prime since this week? Watching S3 of Mr Robot and pixelation and colour banding all over the place. Looks terrible.

They seem to have cut the streaming bitrate big time, way less than the usual 10Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was excited to see Vikings was available on Prime, until I went into the page to click it and it gave me "unavailable in your location". Even when I switched on my VPN it still didn't let me watch it. How are people watching content on this if they're not available in Ireland? I'm actually a luddite when it comes to this kind of thing.

Update: okay I'm able to watch it , I was on the wrong website (I had to go onto a Prime video page made for us non-important peasants, half the content available).

My question still stands, I suppose. How do I watch (hell, there are things here I want to buy!) content that is region locked?

• Advertisement

My question still stands, I suppose. How do I watch (hell, there are things here I want to buy!) content that is region locked?

With an Irish account you can't. If you change all your details (billing/etc) to UK, contact amazon support and get them to ensure you're on a UK account then you can, but you must then ensure you are on a vpn at all times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Gator88 wrote: »
    You got me all excited there but I checked on Amazon and they still won't deliver fire tv to Ireland. After a few minutes of live chat I've been told that its not available in Ireland due to copyright issues

They sell them in curry's - well non essential in store right now but for sale online,

Not hard to get. Good for running other apps too.

Have a couple 4ks myself, handy little toys.

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi all
    Not sure if I’m in the right spot
    But here goes anyhow
    What is the best recommended device to cast from iPhone to non smart tv, it does have a hdmi socket
    Thank in advance

Chromecast is king of cast. Roku second rate rubbish in my opinion.

Better yet throw that apple rubbish away and get an android phone haha. Just easier for casting etc.

New chromecast with google TV very good, handy little remote. Has playstore so tons of apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I completed my watch of season 6 of the X-Files. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous season. In fact, I’d rank it as one of my favourites. I remembered many episodes I enjoyed when I first watched in the 90s, such as 'How the Ghosts Stole Christmas', 'Tithonus' (about the photographer looking for Death) and 'Monday' (the Groundhog Day one). I also have a soft spot for The Rain King, which seems to divide fans. I read on Wiki that some fans disliked this season following the move from Vancouver to LA as they felt the tone of the show had changed. I must say I didn’t notice. I thought the writers did well.

I found 'Field Trip' clever (where Scully and Mulder are dealing with LSD-style spores) and seeing Bryan Cranston pop up in ‘Drive’ was a fun surprise; I thought that episode held up well. The Mulder body swap double episode was another fun one I got a kick out of.

I found the mythology episodes more satisfying compared to Season 5 too. I particularly liked the direction they took things in the finale, introducing the religious element with the aliens. It was a nice idea to bridge Mulder and Scully’s belief systems. I remembered the final shot of Scully finding the spacecraft in the beach and it remains a cool visual.

Not all the episodes were great. I disliked Alpha, about a legendary dog that is killing off people. Agua Mala, the one about the water creature, began to irritate me in the second half when all of the annoying extra characters came on the scene.

Most episodes, however, I thought were very entertaining. I also liked how Mulder and Scully seemed to have much better chemistry this season, in contrast to last season where they seemed to be getting on each other’s nerves too often for my liking. The bit from The Unnatural where Mulder and Scully are having a few swings of the baseball bat is a good example of that. I learned Duchovny wrote that one and I thought it was a good episode. I wonder did he feel the two characters needed to lighten up more because I thought it was refreshing. Funniest moment for me in Season 6 was Scully in the Lone Gunmen episode when she gets drugged and starts acting like a crazy, drunk person.

On now to Season 7…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is “This is Us” not working for anyone else, comes up as Currentyl unavailable?. Similar with Season 2 of Fleabag a few months back . I’m on the Irish account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I don't know. I was trying to browse through both to see what's there. Primarily I want to watch The Americans, which is on UK/Ireland, although US has the 3rd season.

I'm not seeing a whole lot in the film section of the US one that would make me think I must have it. There doesn't seem to be anything too recent on it, like straight out of the cinema. I'm going to keep looking for a while.

Prime in Ireland has The Americans seasons 1 to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is “This is Us” not working for anyone else, comes up as Currentyl unavailable?. Similar with Season 2 of Fleabag a few months back . I’m on the Irish account.

Search for season you want to watch they are there, recent season has a duplicate that is in a block that hasn't grouped in the other seasons, was recently discussed for Vikings too.

Similar happened with Walking Dead. You should report it to customer service.

Amazon needs to clean up Prime from stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Seinfeld gone.

Seinfeld gone.

That's Available on the "All4" player here if you don't mind a few ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

That's Available on the "All4" player here if you don't mind a few ads.

All eps also on RTÉ Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

KildareP wrote: »
    Anyone notice a dip in the picture quality on Prime since this week? Watching S3 of Mr Robot and pixelation and colour banding all over the place. Looks terrible.

They seem to have cut the streaming bitrate big time, way less than the usual 10Mbps.

watching the grand tour on TV...the picture goes from bright to dark repeatedly and its annoying

but watching on the laptop its fine:confused: is there a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 knightfly

fryup wrote: »
    watching the grand tour on TV...the picture goes from bright to dark repeatedly and its annoying

but watching on the laptop its fine:confused: is there a fix?
    I would say the problem is your TV. You don't say how you are connecting to PrimeVideo but may be swap the connectors around on the back of your TV?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

through wi-fi, other streaming services are perfect

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

through wi-fi, other streaming services are perfect
    That wasn't what I meant; what device are you using (Amazon FireTV stick etc)? Are the other streaming services using the same device?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Star Trek Lower Decks - 2 episodes in the middle of the season unavailable . Very odd and annoying , luckily they are standalone.

Seen Bobs burgers was added.

Star Trek Lower Decks - 2 episodes in the middle of the season unavailable . Very odd and annoying , luckily they are standalone.

That has happened with Vikings a lit.

Did you contact customer service? The episodes of Vikings I reported over the last year took weeks to correct. A few are like that now and I stick mid season.

Custom service have blamed both Brexit and licensing issues - explaining that it is not Brexit and that licensing issues would affect at least the whole season just results in a “this is a known issues and we working on resolving it”.

That wasn't what I meant; what device are you using (Amazon FireTV stick etc)? Are the other streaming services using the same device?

not using a device i'm using the amazon app on my smart TV,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Anyone know when season 6 of the Expanse will be on assuming filming has started?

Best series ive seen in years.

Search for the show again you'll find a duplicate block that has them available within. Obviously stupid but at least they are there.

Bob's Burgers has been there for Donkeys just the latest season was added recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Search for the show again you'll find a duplicate block that has them available within. Obviously stupid but at least they are there.

Bob's Burgers has been there for Donkeys just the latest season was added recently.

Was it ? I think amazons recommendations are the worst i have ever come across , they leave some real gems buried in the library but will recommend you the same crap time and again . The whole UI needs a massive overhaul.

Anyone know when season 6 of the Expanse will be on assuming filming has started?

Best series ive seen in years.

Big fan but found Season 5 very slow altogether.

I understand its an xmas release series so assuming filming has been able to start I'd say December 2021.

Supposed to be the final season - but there are 2 more books - not sure if thats good or bad.

Was it ? I think amazons recommendations are the worst i have ever come across , they leave some real gems buried in the library but will recommend you the same crap time and again . The whole UI needs a massive overhaul.

Yeah, the recommendations appear to be a copy and paste of the recently added and the recently added were probably added at least 2 weeks ago for the most part.

Changing the interface may have been suggested once or twice :pac:

Yeah, the recommendations appear to be a copy and paste of the recently added and the recently added were probably added at least 2 weeks ago for the most part.

Changing the interface may have been suggested once or twice :pac:

It's strange that they are so bad; Amazon aren't lacking clever engineers to implement a decent system and keeping customers signed up has to be in their best interests. There aren't even a set of like/dislike buttons to tell the recommendation engine what sort of programs I want.

It keeps suggesting live sports for me; I've no idea why. I've never watched any and never will

• Advertisement

To be fair, their recommendations on the main website can be odd. If you buy a TV, Amazon be like "We think you'd like another TV". I got a DSLR a few years ago and instead of my recommendations being full of things like lenses, cases, etc; it was instead recommendations of other DSLRs.:confused:

Advertisement